What's new

into the wild bus GONE!

Have it muted, so I cannot speak on the commentary if there is any:

I'm surprised the thing held up. I thought for sure it'd collapse and fall apart.

I'm kind of curious how that thing even got out there.

I recall a pirate member going there and putting a bunch of rounds through it. Kind of shitty.

Watch the airlift footage without sound, and imagine the lyrics of "The Wheels on the Bus" to the tune of "Ride of the Valkyrie" :laughing:

I’m torn here. I’m sad that the authorities would make a step to save lives of people dumb enough to go die out there. But I’m happy for the locals who don’t want those morons dying in their neck of the woods.

FWIWDusty from pirate had made a thread about the bus. Going to it, putting canned food in it, signing the guest book. It was a cool thread but he deleted it because glorifying the destination was bringing unwanted attention from idiots. Who ironically knew exactly how Chris got into the situation that ultimately cost him his life, and with all the warning in the world would still go up there getting in the same jam Chris did.

I’m torn here. I’m sad that the authorities would make a step to save lives of people dumb enough to go die out there. But I’m happy for the locals who don’t want those morons dying in their neck of the woods.

FWIWDusty from pirate had made a thread about the bus. Going to it, putting canned food in it, signing the guest book. It was a cool thread but he deleted it because glorifying the destination was bringing unwanted attention from idiots. Who ironically knew exactly how Chris got into the situation that ultimately cost him his life, and with all the warning in the world would still go up there getting in the same jam Chris did.

Chris was a city boy from El Segundo. He was an idiot that bit off more then he could chew. He was in way over his head.

I'm 50/50 on it too. Neat story. Just to say fuggit and walk off. But yea, he was an idiot out of his element.

I was always under the impression that Chris went there knowing he was going to die. Almost as a suicide. Buddy is telling me that is not the case and he tried returning home but couldn't cross the river.

I'm 50/50 on it too. Neat story. Just to say fuggit and walk off. But yea, he was an idiot out of his element.

I was always under the impression that Chris went there knowing he was going to die. Almost as a suicide. Buddy is telling me that is not the case and he tried returning home but couldn't cross the river.

We will never know, all he left was those few rolls of film that were developed after he was gone.

That's 2 things in a month that are not there anymore I was planning to do in retirement

I'd say he did pretty good, surviving over 100 days with not many supplies. I don't think most people now days could survive 10 days. I guess we'll really never know, but I think I agree with the "poison seeds" or disease, something that he wasn't aware of that got him.

I'd say he did pretty good, surviving over 100 days with not many supplies. I don't think most people now days could survive 10 days. I guess we'll really never know, but I think I agree with the "poison seeds" or disease, something that he wasn't aware of that got him.

But they'd have more than enough toilet paper when they attempt it.

When I was in Ak. Went to healy and stopped into 49th state brewery, they had a reasonable facsimile in the outdoor party zone.
the food and drink were worth the stop alone!
20190604_143054.jpg

20190604_143054.jpg

20190604_141956.jpg

20190630_070250.jpg

Chris was a city boy from El Segundo. He was an idiot that bit off more then he could chew. He was in way over his head.

i read the book and all i kept hearing in the back of my head was 'im a big cry baby because my parents didnt give me enough attention, even though they gave me all kinds of opportunity in life'

Wasn't the consensuses that he starved to death? I mean the autopsy said he weighed 67lbs at the time of his death. Krakauer went to some lengths to prove his theory that the seeds poisioned him, and I'm sure they didn't help, but at 67lbs for a normal 150lb man you're talking about organ failure.

Wasn't the consensuses that he starved to death? I mean the autopsy said he weighed 67lbs at the time of his death. Krakauer went to some lengths to prove his theory that the seeds poisioned him, and I'm sure they didn't help, but at 67lbs for a normal 150lb man you're talking about organ failure.

I watched something that related the seeds to the Nazis doing something to their prisoners. Like mashing them up and mixing it in with their bread or something. Before long, they all had nerve type damage and were unable to walk. The guy visited the bus and collected the seeds in the area and had a few five gallon buckets full. They would have caused Chris to hallucinate and stuff.

edit:

found an article about it:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-strange-...ess-1308937198

Last edited:
Glad it's out. Less trash in the woods the better.

Yep, ida shot holes in the pos too. Don’t want it shot up, don’t leave your junk out in the woods on public land. Glorifying it as some sort of monument is a joke. Some dumbfuckstick got in over his head and died. No reason to idolize him or the bus over it. It’s just a heap of rotting junk.

The retard even wrote in his diary that he got sick from the seeds yet he continued to eat them. :homer:

Your average healthy person can last about 40 days without food.

Last edited:
i read the book and all i kept hearing in the back of my head was 'im a big cry baby because my parents didnt give me enough attention, even though they gave me all kinds of opportunity in life'

All the opportunity in the world don't mean shit if the parents raised a child with poor self esteem and/or self worth.

I know the story. I'm a fan of what he did up until he got himself killed in a place he could've walked out of. It's not his fault he was born into an overbearing affluent white family in the burbs, he was trying to break free from that curse. He lived more in the 2 years he was missing than most people calling him a dumbass will in an entire lifetime. As dumb a mistakes as it was to starve to death up there, anyone who went on a pilgrimage to see the bus in his memory and got in a rescue situation is infinitely more dumb. How much more literal of a warning could his story be that that remote part of the world is not a walk in a park.

They guy that died was a tool, anyone that thinks he should be idealised is a tool. I do not however blame search an rescue and the county for wanting the moron magnet removed.

a friend did that hike several years ago. stayed the night in the bus. something needed to happen, to many people got stranded trying to reach it

Top Back Refresh