What's new

International single axle dump weight.

My single c60 weighs 13,800 if I remember correctly. It has a gas motor. I’d guess 14,000 plus

I would pay that for it here but only because it looks rust free. It’s not a great price but seems fair being a 466.

500k on a 466 is about rebuild time. Especially in a no fucks given dump of that age nobody checked DCA on.

The one I had was right at 14k. It's hard to get any weight on them. All the no talent dip shit loader monkeys at the crusher will dump everything at the back which will cause your rear axle to be overweight.

I could legally haul a little over 7 tons if it was loaded properly. Most of the dip shits could barely get 6 tons legal on it. I sold mine due to the no talent dip shits at the crusher.

The truck itself was way cool and fun to drive with the 140" wheel base. I averaged about 11mpg hauling gravel.

Looked at the ad again. A straight five speed is gonna suck donkey balls loaded. If it had a two speed rear end it would be okay. I can get seven ton on mine and it was spect for 33,000. But you know it’s on there for sure.

Yep, mine was a 5 over 2. No way without the 2 speed rear to get you moving. Soft ground or any up hill starts required 1st low.

Looked at the ad again. A straight five speed is gonna suck donkey balls loaded. If it had a two speed rear end it would be okay. I can get seven ton on mine and it was spect for 33,000. But you know it’s on there for sure.
I mentioned this to my buddy. I will make sure he asks about it. Maybe the seller just forgot to mention the 2 speed rear in the ad?

He is really interested in it and we may go look at it next weekend. Would have this weekend but the seller was out of town on Saturday and the weather is pretty shitty here. ice and snow on top of it. If he buys it the plan is to haul it home on my 14k lowboy gooseneck. Told the buddy to ask the seller to put a tape measure on the front tires to make sure it would fit. Fenders on my trailer are removable so I can cheat it a little to get it loaded then bolt the fenders back on. It's gonna be pushing max weight I am sure..

Edit: he did ask the seller and it's a single speed rear.. he's gonna pass on it.

Last edited:
Good call. He wouldn't be happy without the 2 speed rear.:beer:

How's the 6 speeds with the single speed rear? General dump truck duty, pulling a skid steer/mini ex on a 20k deckover trailer?

I drove the later model 7spd 24ft box trucks. 26k lbs all day but top speed of 70mph down hill. Took off empty in 3rd.

How's the 6 speeds with the single speed rear? General dump truck duty, pulling a skid steer/mini ex on a 20k deckover trailer?
I drove a 16ft(?) box full of boxes of frozen seafood and it was spec'd out exactly like OP's dump truck and it was a clutch burning turd when loaded. One deeper gear would have fixed that. But I think you'd still be wanting lower for job-site maneuvering when loaded.

He is looking at a 6 speed in Mobile AL right now but it's a 7.3L (Powerstroke?) and I think he's really wanting a DT466 with a 5+2. He's not in a huge rush to buy something just looking and trying to see what would work best for him.

He is looking at a 6 speed in Mobile AL right now but it's a 7.3L (Powerstroke?) and I think he's really wanting a DT466 with a 5+2. He's not in a huge rush to buy something just looking and trying to see what would work best for him.
Does it have to be DT466 or will you settle for a Cat, Brazilian Ford, etc, etc?

Like half of all MDTs made between 1965-1995 got either a gas big block or diesel with a 5+2 behind them. Shouldn't be a hard configuration to find if you're not picky.

I don't think he is real picky. just doesn't want a rusted out POS mainly. He's trying to get his side gig going and his company appearance is important to him. he doesn't want to roll up to a half million dollar home to do some driveway grading or something is a rusty old MoDOT truck.

For the ease of use I have suggested a big block gas engine as well. My uncle owned a trash route when I was in HS (early 90s) that he bought from Grandpa. Uncle always ran Chevy trucks with 366/427 tall deck engines. I am sure they sucked the fuel but stupid simple to work on.

20211220_145638.jpg

This one has 13,500lbs on the door

It's also for sale $14k 5.9 cummins, Allison, cold A.C. 138k miles

At that price the park Brake doesn't work, and the front seal slings 1qt oil in 100 miles at freeway speeds, ill get around to doing the kdp and will do the seal then too

I drove it 900 miles from CA at 75 getting 10mpg

20211220_145638.jpg

This one has 13,500lbs on the door

It's also for sale $14k 5.9 cummins, Allison, cold A.C. 138k miles

At that price the park Brake doesn't work, and the front seal slings 1qt oil in 100 miles at freeway speeds, ill get around to doing the kdp and will do the seal then too

I drove it 900 miles from CA at 75 getting 10mpg
I'll let him know but Tucson is a long haul from Mid MO. Google says 1400 miles. How much for it with the seal fixed and KDP fixed? Looks pretty rust free.

I'll let him know but Tucson is a long haul from Mid MO. Google says 1400 miles. How much for it with the seal fixed and KDP fixed? Looks pretty rust free.
$300 I'll do the kdp and seal

Its a really nice truck IMO, we've run probably 40 short hauls with it over the last few months

No rust

If it was a tow truck, I'd keep it forever, but I have little interest in dirt work

Pm me a number or email and ill get some pics to you

I don't think he is real picky. just doesn't want a rusted out POS mainly. He's trying to get his side gig going and his company appearance is important to him. he doesn't want to roll up to a half million dollar home to do some driveway grading or something is a rusty old MoDOT truck.

For the ease of use I have suggested a big block gas engine as well. My uncle owned a trash route when I was in HS (early 90s) that he bought from Grandpa. Uncle always ran Chevy trucks with 366/427 tall deck engines. I am sure they sucked the fuel but stupid simple to work on.
My truck came with a 366. It was an absolute pig that drank fuel. I dropped a 454 into it. A world of difference! It still guzzles fuel, but it pulls like an ox. I think the Brazilian diesels were pretty reliable if he can find one that isn’t worn out.

500k on a 466 is about rebuild time. Especially in a no fucks given dump of that age nobody checked DCA on.
Yep. At that mileage the cylinder liner O-rings are potentially 1 heat cycle away from making a 20 gallon coffee milkshake out of the coolant and oil. Those are awesome engines for MDTs but when shit goes wrong with them at that mileage it's usually bad. :laughing:

Screenshot_20220105-185732_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220105-185725_Chrome.jpg

Here's an option that is a bit closer to you.

Last edited:
Needs caliber and front pads....and a cutting torch to get it all off...:laughing:

Nice looking truck. I don't see where it has the 2 speed rear. FWIW no way that truck can legally haul 10 tons.

Top Back Refresh