What's new

Interesting Trucks for Sale

Screenshot_20200603-091703_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200603-091751_Facebook.jpg

Maybe a rig to tow 2 campers from factory to dealers, I think something similar was common to run them from central ish CA to pnw

Fifth plate looks underhung to me.
And no slider to get it clear of the deck.
Not to mention way to low.

Kinda looks like it's set up to rescue broke down trucks towing 5th wheels.

Although I'm not sure how the 5th wheel plate works.

There's trailers that use a low mount 5th like that. There's one company around here that runs a couple. They're both cabovers with ~20-30ft dry van type boxes that almost center over the drives. The trailer is the same way with a tongue that goes under the rear of the box of the truck. I assume they're moving light stuff and the wacky hitch configuration makes it more practical to swing turns on tight streets during normal business hours when there's people and cars around.

There's trailers that use a low mount 5th like that. There's one company around here that runs a couple. They're both cabovers with ~20-30ft dry van type boxes that almost center over the drives. The trailer is the same way with a tongue that goes under the rear of the box of the truck. I assume they're moving light stuff and the wacky hitch configuration makes it more practical to swing turns on tight streets during normal business hours when there's people and cars around.

Its also the same style hitch used for auto transporters... Perhaps this thing would hook to an auto transport trailer, drive its hydraulics, and use the winch to pull non-runners up onto the flatbed portion before loading the rest on the trailer?

That 5th is common on toterhomes. Look at the stacker trailers at a NHRA event.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...140066981.html

01717_j9USBE31WlL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

81 International - $2000 (Mount Vernon)

Medium semi truck. DT466 diesel engine that runs great. 10speed splitter in the rear. Used it to haul large 5th wheel toyhauler. Good tires. Air bags.

The bad. Power steering leak. Brake pump or booster needs to be replaced. Broken spring on rear drivers side. Parts can be had and if ur handy, fixed for $1k. Just had a $350 service for oil and air cleaner.

I figure the tires and engine are worth $2k alone. I have the clear title, so if u want to fix, you'll have a heck of a truck for $3k all in.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...140066981.html

01717_j9USBE31WlL_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

81 International - $2000 (Mount Vernon)

Medium semi truck. DT466 diesel engine that runs great. 10speed splitter in the rear. Used it to haul large 5th wheel toyhauler. Good tires. Air bags.

The bad. Power steering leak. Brake pump or booster needs to be replaced. Broken spring on rear drivers side. Parts can be had and if ur handy, fixed for $1k. Just had a $350 service for oil and air cleaner.

I figure the tires and engine are worth $2k alone. I have the clear title, so if u want to fix, you'll have a heck of a truck for $3k all in.

Good thing that is so far away. I would snatch that up

Alright, heard back from the flatbed / winch/ 5th wheel guy:

it's setup to haul shipping containers and the 5th wheel is for semi trailers

not very informative, but the 5th wheel probably gets moved to the top with a forklift

If I were still running that expediting company out of El Paso, this thing would be coming home with me. No CDL needed, tint the fawk outta the back windows and use as a "sleeper" logging "off duty", and (hopefully) a DOM prior to 1/1/00 for no e-logs... that would be the deal-maker.

Liftgate service capability is a big plus in that industry, and all I'd have to do is find a driver smart enough to pass the air brake certification.

Top Back Refresh