What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

Remove the heads and fab up some separate tables and bases for them and sell them as individual drill presses. Keep one or two kicking around for yourself. Keep that base/table as a kick ass adjustable height welding/fab table. It'd take some work but I bet you could make money on that deal and end up with a badass table.
Buddy picked up one at auction and you would be surprised how much the sucker weighs. His 3k forklift did not enjoy moving the base around even with the drill heads removed.

Remove the heads and fab up some separate tables and bases for them and sell them as individual drill presses. Keep one or two kicking around for yourself. Keep that base/table as a kick ass adjustable height welding/fab table. It'd take some work but I bet you could make money on that deal and end up with a badass table.
That was my first thought. Keith Fenner has a ~10' long table from one that he uses as a welding/fab table and I've been looking for one ever since seeing his in a video.

That was my first thought. Keith Fenner has a ~10' long table from one that he uses as a welding/fab table and I've been looking for one ever since seeing his in a video.
Send me the money to buy this one and I can park it in a barn for a month or two while you figure out how to pick it up.
Might also need to rent a U-Haul (or heavier) trailer to pick it up if its really over 2500#, the only trailer I have on the road now is a single axle 3000# trailer.
Have a 5000# forklift mast that will go on the back of a 10,000# tractor to unload with.

Aaron Z

Send me the money to buy this one and I can park it in a barn for a month or two while you figure out how to pick it up.
Might also need to rent a U-Haul (or heavier) trailer to pick it up if its really over 2500#, the only trailer I have on the road now is a single axle 3000# trailer.
Have a 5000# forklift mast that will go on the back of a 10,000# tractor to unload with.

Aaron Z
Errr....tempting, but I don't see being able to make it up that way in the next 6 months to a year.

That thing is probably pushing 4-5k lbs too.

0cc0dc51-7f35-4e2c-8d8b-caecdbe3a2d2.jpg

40 Ton SCOTCHMAN Ironworker w/6-Station Turret Punch and Press Brake

40 Ton SCOTCHMAN Ironworker w/6-Station Turret Punch and Press Brake
They sure want alot of money for that jalopy.

Strippit CNC punch, Strippit 30/40 HD punch, 6 foot 35 ton Press Brake, 60 ton 6 foot cnc press brake, 48" roller (Sold) , 37" roller, 18" commercial disc sander, Stone saw, Core Drill, Drill Press, Burn Table, Paper Shear, lockformer, bead rollers, hvac notcher.. TDC standing seam, Duct notcher and table, 8' Brake ( sold )Ect.. Just ask to see if I have it for sale.

Metal Lathe

Strippit CNC punch, Strippit 30/40 HD punch, 6 foot 35 ton Press Brake, 60 ton 6 foot cnc press brake, 48" roller (Sold) , 37" roller, 18" commercial disc sander, Stone saw, Core Drill, Drill Press, Burn Table, Paper Shear, lockformer, bead rollers, hvac notcher.. TDC standing seam, Duct notcher and table, 8' Brake ( sold )Ect.. Just ask to see if I have it for sale.

post gone

Older Warner Swasey number 3 turret lathe. Worked when removed from Machine shop. Was going to hook up and use but never did. Motor is a 3 phase 220 and I don’t have that in my shop. These are selling for 3000$ plus. Tons and tons of tooling is included with it. Asking $1000
1645094776676.png

1645094794343.png

1645094815314.png

Aaron Z

Older Warner Swasey number 3 turret lathe. Worked when removed from Machine shop. Was going to hook up and use but never did. Motor is a 3 phase 220 and I don’t have that in my shop. These are selling for 3000$ plus. Tons and tons of tooling is included with it. Asking $1000
1645094776676.png

1645094794343.png

1645094815314.png

Aaron Z
I had one of these for a while. Three thousand lbs of steel/iron, and a 40 hp motor. I couldn't even power the bastard.

^ I'd take that over a j-head any day. Much beefier. And looks like it's got a 48" or 54" table to boot. If that's a servo feed hanging off the end there, it's worth more than half what they're asking for the whole thing.

If that were at all reasonably close to me it'd be on my trailer.

^ I'd take that over a j-head any day. Much beefier. And looks like it's got a 48" or 54" table to boot. If that's a servo feed hanging off the end there, it's worth more than half what they're asking for the whole thing.

If that were at all reasonably close to me it'd be on my trailer.
Wait for me to get my trailer done and then watch the auctions. I have to take a trip down to your area at some point.

I had an old machinist tell me that those Sharp mills are the Cadillacs of Bridgeport style machines... That's a hell of a deal for someone!
Yeah, people said my Cincinnati was the Cadillac of milling machines too. Still ain't got shit on a CNC Bridgeport. :laughing:

The Beaver is another good one. Ball screws all around. Based on my limited experience in the industry I'm preferential to whatever is in good shape. They all work well enough.

The import clones come in all shapes and sizes and with all range of features since they DGAF about trademarks and will copy anything they like.

You can get everything from a tiny series 1 clone with a 1.5hp motor all the way up to a "series 2 but we liked it so much we made it even bigger" with a variable speed cat40 head, power feeds on all three axis and ball screws all around. The former is basically my old Bridgeport and the latter is a modern tool room machine. I would own one in a heartbeat if they weren't so much $$$ (which is a reflection of how useful they are).

Three more $1100 Bridgeports (two different ones in the first link) and two Moore jig borers at $750ea.

00m0m_i5buoBfNGlbz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_fgrkZxwtOgmz_0ak07K_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_s0HFBsO41Bz_0co0gw_1200x900.jpg

I'm not even upset you one-upped me. That's amazing. Surprised I haven't seen one that big on any of the youtube wood guys channels

I have the 16" version of that jointer. My buddy has a 16" and a 24" version of the same jointer and he emailed me the link telling me I needed to upgrade.

There's a guy on OWWM with the 30" version but his is a pattern makers jointer. More bells and whistles. If you want to see some spectacular woodworking check out Bill Thomas's threads in the woodworking tab on OWWM.

There are even bigger ones out there. I want to say a piano manufacturer special ordered a 48" jointer but a quick search didn't turn up any info. If I can find the link I'll update this post.

One day I'll have the space for toys like that, that's awesome. And IMO the 22" near me is pretty reasonably priced for the size/capability. that 30" would probably be sweet in a shop where guys do big slab work

$600 horizontal mill in what looks like very good condition.

01111_gK4nS75IQb5z_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00p0p_dVMVTlZbykqz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00c0c_3U3VwQ3i95Gz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00A0A_eOQxJM6TVklz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00r0r_2TdLUelCCF9z_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg
00v0v_8scoOj0HRPpz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

I'm not at all familiar with running a horizontal mill. I imagine it would be more useful for longer pieces with long/flat surfaces, as opposed to a vertical mill. Correct?

I should pick up a small mill one of these days. And a lathe. And.... :smokin:

I'm not at all familiar with running a horizontal mill. I imagine it would be more useful for longer pieces with long/flat surfaces, as opposed to a vertical mill. Correct?

I should pick up a small mill one of these days. And a lathe. And.... :smokin:

For people like us who do one off stuff the best part of a horizontal is not having the quill where your work-piece wants to be. Anything you stick on a vertical needs to be shorter than the distance from table to quill but is unconstrained in the X/Y plane. A horizontal is unconstrained in X, Y and Z. Granted you can only work on the back side of the work but you can put huge stuff on the table. Even for stuff you can fit in a brigeport having the extra space to work with means you tend to wind up with less janky setups.

I'm personally holding out for a horizontal that comes with a vertical head.

That said, there's a reason that bridgeport style vertical mills are the worldwide standard. They offer a combination of attributes that is perfect for just about everybody.

Top Back Refresh