What's new

Interesting tools for sale.

If you have the years of doing this crap (automotive machine tool technology) then you may be on the same ground as I, if not then LOL.

Yea it is not the ideal tool for the job, but it would def work. I bet I could hold 0.0002 across that table, slow and easy. If you are taking 0.010 cuts, yes your wheel will be fucked, if you need to just clean something up, no problem.

I second the mechanic vs tool maker statement. You know what you know, we know that and more :flipoff2:

If you have the years of doing this crap (automotive machine tool technology) then you may be on the same ground as I, if not then LOL.

Been wrenching on cars for 26+ years, started my apprenticeship as a tool and die maker 21 years ago. I don't know it all but I know enough to know that there is more than one way to skin a cat.... I prefer while its alive (I like a challenge)

I build multi million dollar manufacturing systems, I can point out thousands of ways I have used a grinder in a way that is was not 'intended' That machine WILL grind a head if you needed it to. Again not the ideal job, but use what you have on hand sometimes.

Brake was delivered today.

20200717_200555.jpg

20200717_200429.jpg

Doesn't someone here have one of those? I wanna say it was the guy with the International Harvester track loader project.

The rotary head is cool because you can us a cheap 1/8" end mill for all the things people use expensive hole saws and annular cutters without using a rotary table and the machine looks to be in great shape but that B3 spindle doesn't exactly scream heavy duty.

Does this mean that the spindle can rotate around a pivot (like a flycutter with a spinning bit at the end...)?

Neat.

What was it originally intended to be good for (or best at)?

Is that the final resting spot (building a shop around it)?

Yes I think so. I've got the roof all designed already. I didn't want to bring it inside because I'm afraid the floor may crack and I have in slab radiant heat.

Does this mean that the spindle can rotate around a pivot (like a flycutter with a spinning bit at the end...)?

Yes. A flycutter would give a flatter surface though.

What was it originally intended to be good for (or best at)?

Saving money you'd spend on tools that cut large diameter circles and saving you time not spent fucking around with a rotary table.

Tool and die people tend to look down on extra axis of movement because "muh accuracy". It would kick ass in a repair machine shop because of the extra flexibility it affords you.

Yes I think so. I've got the roof all designed already. I didn't want to bring it inside because I'm afraid the floor may crack and I have in slab radiant heat.

So what are you gonna use it for, more specifically than bending big things?

So what are you gonna use it for, more specifically than bending big things?

I bend a lot of parts, I build industrial equipment for factorys, and fabricate parts for construction jobs in nyc.

Some things i make are conveyors, chutes, elevator parts, rigging, structural steel, large planters and garden edging, and tons of little misc brackets.

I bend a lot of parts, I build industrial equipment for factorys, and fabricate parts for construction jobs in nyc.

Some things i make are conveyors, chutes, elevator parts, rigging, structural steel, large planters and garden edging, and tons of little misc brackets.

Where are you located? I have a couple thing I might need bent.

Remove from basement, with that staircase? :eek:

He apparently has a "double wide" bulkhead with removable stairs which is how he got it in. He didn't say anything about a gantry or anything so I'm assuming that he doesn't have whatever equipment it took to put it in. Unfortunately neither do I and I have other shit to be working on so I probably won't pick it up. If this were 5yr from now I'd probably pick it up.

He apparently has a "double wide" bulkhead with removable stairs which is how he got it in. He didn't say anything about a gantry or anything so I'm assuming that he doesn't have whatever equipment it took to put it in. Unfortunately neither do I and I have other shit to be working on so I probably won't pick it up. If this were 5yr from now I'd probably pick it up.

Do it in 2 trips. Grab the vise now and go back in 5 years for the planer:lmao:

Hey, that's your house that's covered in steel! I remember that from PBB...sure would be a good thread for IBB! :smokin:

One day I need to spend time and put it all together. Its been an interesting project. Still working on finishing it.

Dethmachinefab, those are the riggers I use. Was Scott on the roof for extra weight? They put a 10ee in my dads basement.

This Chicago Dreis & Krump 4510d has whats called a select o speed flywheel. Its a planetary drive in the flywheel with two external clutches. One speed is direct the other is reduced. It was made by the Hart Reduction Pulley C
20200806_202454.jpg
20200806_202603.jpg
ompany. This one is trashed. I should be able to keep it in high range and operate fine but would like to fix it proper but I can't find any info online.

So the dude with the big fucking surface grinder is down to $100. I guess he really doesn't want to scrap it. I don't blame him. I kinda wish I had space but the kind of work I do simply doesn't warrant that kind of machine.

This Chicago Dreis & Krump 4510d has whats called a select o speed flywheel. Its a planetary drive in the flywheel with two external clutches. One speed is direct the other is reduced. It was made by the Hart Reduction Pulley C ompany. This one is trashed. I should be able to keep it in high range and operate fine but would like to fix it proper but I can't find any info online.

I'm not help, but that thing needs it's own thread :smokin:

This Chicago Dreis & Krump 4510d has whats called a select o speed flywheel. Its a planetary drive in the flywheel with two external clutches. One speed is direct the other is reduced. It was made by the Hart Reduction Pulley C ompany. This one is trashed. I should be able to keep it in high range and operate fine but would like to fix it proper but I can't find any info online.

Might help - might not: https://hartdesign.com/about-us/history/

Top Back Refresh