What's new

Interesting Craigslist finds

That thing would look real good sitting in my driveway next to my 94 6.5 Turbo Diesel Blazer with the same paint scheme.

2E9AB1EA-8572-481F-A7EB-9D9191852FA1.png
Were those from a conversion company? I’ve never seen a diesel blazer. There is a 6.5 turbo diesel 1500 Z71 around here that same color scheme. GM didn’t offer the 6.5 in 1/2 tons did they?

GM didn’t offer the 6.5 in 1/2 tons did they?
they did
dad had a $0.49 6.2 v10 burban

they built the 6.2 as a replacement for the small block that burned the cheaper at the time diesel so they found their way into everything, and they didn't seem to do the 3/4 ton exclusivity thing when they went to the 6.5 either

Were those from a conversion company? I’ve never seen a diesel blazer. There is a 6.5 turbo diesel 1500 Z71 around here that same color scheme. GM didn’t offer the 6.5 in 1/2 tons did they?
Yes they are factory. They are pretty rare. I have heard around 1000 2drs were built between Blazers/Tahoes and Yukons. I heard somewhere they were so rare because dealers would not even order one until you paid upfront because they were afraid they would not sell and just sit on the lot and I heard they were pretty expensive for their day. This is the only one I have ever seen in this color combo. I have seen 2 other diesel 2 doors in real life.

6.5 1500 Suburbans were actually 8 lug trucks.
The Blazer/Tahoe/Yukons and half ton pickups were actually real half tons. They had light springs 10 bolts but all 6.5 half tons had 4l80es. i dont think and manual 6.5 2 doors or Suburbans were made but there might be some half ton 6.5s with manuals.

My boss had a Blazer with the 6.2 diesel back in the late 80s. I drove it from Greensboro, Ga to Dublin Georgia to get a fuel pump for a Cat.
Passing on a two lane road took some planning. Acceleration was feeble to say the least.:laughing:

My uncle had a mid 80s Suburban C1500 with the 6.2, 0-60 = 28 seconds.
Knew someone that has a GMT400 1500 2WD with the 6.5, don't recall it being 8 lug but it's been a few years since I've seen the truck. I'll ask him if I run into him again.

you guys ever seen a home made fan boat?

:laughing: it had me fooled for a minute

$15k :lmao:

_nc_ohc=nibSyEq5N7wAX8uBp-p&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=vHCGFqqrWA4AX9xGwfJ&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

is that fan going to do anything tho? or is it just a big loud trolling motor??
I would guess that it's for moving through weeds and other stuff that would tangle a prop. I can't imagine going through as much work as they appear to have gone through (it looks like it's tied into the steering system)if it didn't work.
I don't think it's intended to replace the trolling motor as it looks like there is a trolling motor up on the bow. I suspect from the ad and how it appears to be set up that it is intended for bowfishing Carp at night.

Aaron Z

Last edited:
I would guess that it's for moving through weeds and other stuff that would tangle a prop. I can't imagine going through as much work as they appear to have gone through (it looks like it's tied into the steering system)if it didn't work.
The outboard doesn't look overly big (20-30HP?) and the fan is probably 16-25HP.

Aaron Z
maybe he runs em at the same time for added boost :lmao:

definitely not following the accepted formula for this area

standard bass boat has no issues, if youre feeling extra froggy i know a guy with a mud motor

Thats a boat set up for bow fishing. The deck and big lights on the front give it away. The fan is for moving through shallow water. The outboard is for getting to the shallow water.

Thats a boat set up for bow fishing. The deck and big lights on the front give it away. The fan is for moving through shallow water. The outboard is for getting to the shallow water.
is that size of a fan common? tons of people bow fish out here and have the decks and lights, but no one runs fan boats

is that size of a fan common? tons of people bow fish out here and have the decks and lights, but no one runs fan boats
Ive seen quite few of them on flounder and bow hunting boats in TX on the laguna madre. It is like he said basically a trolling motor.

Ive seen quite few of them on flounder and bow hunting boats in TX on the laguna madre. It is like he said basically a trolling motor.
oh okay, ya around here isnt shallow enough and too choppy on the majority of the water for a true fan boat

huh never seen a mini before :confused:

oh okay, ya around here isnt shallow enough and too choppy on the majority of the water for a true fan boat

huh never seen a mini before :confused:
Yeah the first time I saw one I was like WTF?. I thought it was a joke but its legit.

I've got a '94 K1500 GMC Yukon 2-door with the 6.5TD and a 4L80E. It's six lug. A friend has a '95 K1500 Chevy Tahoe 2-door, 6.5TD and a 4L80E. It's also six lug.

They're rare, but they're out there. I think the 1000 made is way low.

I've got a '94 K1500 GMC Yukon 2-door with the 6.5TD and a 4L80E. It's six lug. A friend has a '95 K1500 Chevy Tahoe 2-door, 6.5TD and a 4L80E. It's also six lug.

They're rare, but they're out there. I think the 1000 made is way low.
Like centurion’s, they get rarer every time a newb sees one for the first time. I’ve seen people claim “only 100 ever made” in for sale ads.

1628099721053.png

1628099739525.png

1628099762528.png

1628099789591.png

Cleaning the garage and yard out and gettin rid of some stuff I built when I was bored. For the most part they're not negotiable. For sale or maybe trade ( not for other bikes or karts).

The "Go kart" that makes it look like 4 tires are floating around you.
Yes it runs and drives
It started off as a regular kids go-kart with like 5" tires. Couldn't have that negativity around me so I made 36" mud tires fit it. Custom "fab" work and recycled parts off a old police Vic (1998) it uses it's 5x4.5 hubs, brakes and bearings so the tires can be swapped out from mud tires to mustang wheels to 22s or what ever.
Hydro brake. One wheel drive and one wheel brake. Massive gearing so it actually is peppy and I've had it to 40mph.
Brand New 212 predator
Brand New torque converter
-- needs 35chain swapped for a bigger one as it binds
-- rear right bearing ( crown Vic) pretty much selling for what the tires and engine are worth.
$700
Not if it's interesting because of what it is or the interesting extra touches.
If I venture up there, I'll be inquiring about that Lincoln also.

I kinda like it. Buddy had about that year power wagon in college lifted on about a 37" tire. Uncomfortable as fuck to drive but still cool.

My boss had a Blazer with the 6.2 diesel back in the late 80s. I drove it from Greensboro, Ga to Dublin Georgia to get a fuel pump for a Cat.
Passing on a two lane road took some planning. Acceleration was feeble to say the least.:laughing:
A shop I worked at in highschool has a chevy diesel pickup, dont know the year.

Boss said go pick this up and take the truck, glow plug speach and all.

I get it on the highway and thought it was stuck in third gear so I pulled up on the shifter and threw that piece of shit into reverse by accident at 55mph.:homer:

Shit got exciting real quick.

Top Back Refresh