What's new

Interesting 2 days

SanDiegoCJ

Non-Lemming
Member Number
Loc
Filer, Id.
Yesterday morning after moving 2 heavy trash cans I had a tightness in my chest that was still there an hour later, so I had Sharon take me down to Kaiser. They checked me in and did a few blood tests to see if I'd had a heart attack. Negative. Kept me over night for observation and this morning pumped me full of dye, ran a baseline, then more dye and a drug to make the body think I just ran a 10K. Heart arteries are all clear. Also the Dr. told me my heart pumps at a "79" and anything over "48" is fine. They don't know the cause. Waiting in the lobby for Sharon to pick me up.

So our wonderful medical system was of no help? That's shocking. Take care of yourself Gary, don't wanna see you dead anytime soon.. :flipoff2:

Fubar
I spent a year at kaiser, testing for gi issues...
answer=we dunno

Godspeed

Well in order to have a heart attack you need to have one in the first place. :flipoff2:

Chest tightness is a thing and I've had it several times. I'm getting old now so yeah it's more concerning.

Sometimes I can sit wrong and then get up and move around and a terrible tightness starts in my chest, sometimes with sharp pains. Then I have a tiny burp, stretch my back, and it goes away.

No tingling, numbness, or shooting pains in the left arm is usually a good sign.

There's actually a name for the conditions but I can't be bothered to look it up. It's a disturbance in the 'inter-rib' muscles and cartlidge, and area we don't usually sense. When it flares up it feels like heart problems b/c we don't usually feel things there.

Yesterday morning after moving 2 heavy trash cans I had a tightness in my chest that was still there an hour later, so I had Sharon take me down to Kaiser. They checked me in and did a few blood tests to see if I'd had a heart attack. Negative. Kept me over night for observation and this morning pumped me full of dye, ran a baseline, then more dye and a drug to make the body think I just ran a 10K. Heart arteries are all clear. Also the Dr. told me my heart pumps at a "79" and anything over "48" is fine. They don't know the cause. Waiting in the lobby for Sharon to pick me up.

definitely aids...

shoulda wore a rubber at the old pickle park:flipoff2:

in all seriousness i hope it was just a random getting older pain

Have them do tests to check gall bladder function. Could be gas. Seriously.

My stepdad came to the farm yesterday to help wire the barn. Everything was normal when I left around 10pm. He was staying the night in the house. About an hour after I left he had to call an ambulance. He went into A-fib and had 3-6 second sporadic pauses in his heart rate. Then went into shock at the hospital. He's good now and they're starting him on some dangerous drug that is supposed to stop this from happening. 4th time this year. 7th time in 3 years something like this has happened.

Apparently, whatever is wrong has no solution like a pacemaker or anything.

Having a bad heart is not cool. :frown:

Good luck with the ticker.

Chest tightness is a thing and I've had it several times. I'm getting old now so yeah it's more concerning.

Sometimes I can sit wrong and then get up and move around and a terrible tightness starts in my chest, sometimes with sharp pains. Then I have a tiny burp, stretch my back, and it goes away.

No tingling, numbness, or shooting pains in the left arm is usually a good sign.

There's actually a name for the conditions but I can't be bothered to look it up. It's a disturbance in the 'inter-rib' muscles and cartlidge, and area we don't usually sense. When it flares up it feels like heart problems b/c we don't usually feel things there.

Sounds like pericarditis, inflammation of the periocardial sac... tightness in the chest, usually accompanied by sharp pains, because the pariocardial sac is inflamed, and rubbing against the heart muscle. It's one of our indicators that chest pain may not be cardiac related, in the prehospital EMS field.

Are they still waiting on SCOTUS to make a ruling on your test results?

Sounds like pericarditis, inflammation of the periocardial sac... tightness in the chest, usually accompanied by sharp pains, because the pariocardial sac is inflamed, and rubbing against the heart muscle. It's one of our indicators that chest pain may not be cardiac related, in the prehospital EMS field.

That is the name I was saying but it can't be it because it's so rare. Thanks for clarifying my shitpost, but there is something that happens with the chest, I'm probably confused.

I had written it off due to my BP numbers being so consistent (testing once a week) and my LDL/HDL numbers being so good. Turns out being homeless and walking for 16 hours a days is really good for your cardiovascular system.

I've been sitting on my ass for 3 years though and it's showing. Oddly, I haven't had the chest pains in that time....

I had chest tightness for a couple weeks. passed out in the middle of the kitchen and presented with tachycardia then Afib. they did their drug thing then i got the full dye workup. what a joy that was. i blame covid

Last edited:
Believe me, I eat plenty of bacon. I had 4 slices with breakfast yesterday. :flipoff2: Last night the nurse asked if she could get me anything and my requested bacon cheeseburger & fries was denied. :frown:[/QUOTE
They kept you on lime jello and pureede spinach?

Regarding the trash and Trampas' comment, this ended better than the two Pear shaped Father-Son duo Texas dudes at the dumpster shootout. Stay healthy Pilgrim, glad you are OK. - FAg

Top Back Refresh