What's new

Instapot stink

Stuck

In Hell
Member Number
So I did a pork shoulder in the Ipot to make some quick and easy pulled pork. Threw in the shoulder and a bit of water mixed with the left over rub. Pulled pork turned out awesome but ever since the silicon ring just reeks and its contaminating the rest of dishes. I tried washing it but no change. How are you all getting rid of the odors?

Have not ran into that yet.

Just been removing and washing it out.

so you pulled the ring off and confirmed it is what smells? The lid and vent of mine have spots that would trap some liquid junk.

Does it smell like pork shoulder or nasty chemicals?

Silicone is pretty tough stuff you can boil it in a pot or hit it with peroxide or vinegar.

Thought it was the ring but I will double check. Its so bad it actually made a batch of hard boiled eggs smell like the funky pork smell.

Hand wash or in the dish washer? Maybe make a paste of with baking soda and water to try and pull the smell out.

We made something that I can’t remember now that had a strong smell. It took a couple of trips in the dishwasher to get rid of the smell.

I wash mine after using it. It actually has the smell you’re thinking of from recently cooking in it (I forget what) and I just need to clean it. I’d suggest just cleaning the whole thing really good. Including the room of the pot where the lid sits.

Some people buy a second silicone ring for ‘smelly’ food like this. You could try this. Some might even be colored to tell the difference.

Try soaking in some diluted white vinegar then wash as normal.

Top Back Refresh