What's new

Inflatable Paint Booths

[memphis]

Web wheeler
Member Number
Second time I’ve been fucked over spraying “expensive” paint. It cooled off but still within curing temps of the product (Nason from Napa)

It’s supposed to rain and I can’t move my shit because it’s tacky and not dry to the touch. Did the best I can do… maybe I could put a tarp but I feel like I’ll be respraying regardless

Anyone rock an inflatable booth? I am doing everything wrong as it is… but if I could do one thing right, I could properly protect my project pieces…

Vevor shows some for sub $600 that my CJ2A chassis would fit inside and it’s awfully tempting to bookmark for a spring purchase. Snow will be flying here soon and I should have got this done earlier but it’s been wet.

Attachments

• IMG_4252.jpeg
    IMG_4252.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4251.jpeg
    IMG_4251.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 7
The shop bought one when they decided to use our existing paint booth for other purposes... :shaking:

IMG_5188AnonEdit.JPG

They've used the inflatable one once...

I watched a couple YT videos when they first talked about getting one and the two videos I watched both had near panic when the breakers tripped and the booth started to deflate. Yep. They experienced that at the shop too... Remember that you have to keep it inflated until everything dries - not just while you're painting.

Do you plan to use it inside or outside?

The one video they had it set up outside and it started to rain while they were using the booth and that was an issue. The rain came through the booth. So that would still be an issue for you in the situation you describe above.

The other one they used it inside a garage and that was an issue with lighting. They experienced that at the shop. There really isn't room to have lighting inside and the LED UFO fixtures were not enough to penetrate the booth adequately. Honestly, they're not that great to do regular shop work either. For the one car they painted, the paint job really suffered from not having enough light to see what they were doing. There is a reason that paint booths have lights everywhere.

The other issue was ventilation. Clearly, it was nothing like the paint booth above. That doesn't help with visibility and the vapor settled on things. The one video I watched recommended an additional fan setup that was available for the both - this Amazon.com and this Amazon.com The shop just had the regular setup that came with the kit.

The one use was about a year ago and they haven't used it since - although there are a couple jobs they're supposedly going to do so we'll see if it gets any better.

Last edited:
My plywood cover saved the windshield frame. It mucked up the inside a bit from flipping it but most of the imperfections will be covered. Not bad for an electric sprayer!

Attachments

• IMG_4253.jpeg
    IMG_4253.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 4
I had a line on borrowing an inflatable. More shit to fuck with that doesn't move paint job forward, Lights, fans, ect. Height was also an issue, roof up high.
Ended up just shooting outside.

Top Back Refresh