What's new

Incredibly Slow (& Cheap) Toy Hauler Build

I don't even want to say it because I'll fuck myself by doing so, but I've never had a Towmax fail me. Trailer sits outside too. Sometimes it comes down to operator error?

I don't even know what year my 16' open deck car trailer is, early 2000 I think. It's definitely built better than this thing lol.
We don't need to tempt the tire gods anymore than we have too. :beer:

I am surprised you think so much of those tires, all 4 of mine broke belts in less than a year.

I think the RV industry calls them "blowmax":lmao:
I have a pair of them on a 3000# landscape trailer, they are probably 5-7 years old at this point with no issues and no sidewall cracking.
I think they are load range D (2000# each?) vs the load range C that came on it.
Will probably look for them in load range E for my deck over whenever I get that ready to go.

Aaron Z

I have a pair of them on a 3000# landscape trailer, they are probably 5-7 years old at this point with no issues and no sidewall cracking.
I think they are load range D (2000# each?) vs the load range C that came on it.
Will probably look for them in load range E for my deck over whenever I get that ready to go.

Aaron Z
Maybe I am confused on brands or something.:idea:

Maybe there is a difference with the "STR" version?

If I Google powering towmax blowmax it's literal pages of posts in RV forums.

If you like them then you are good to go because in my experience how you feel about something matters as much as it's reputation.

One of my best friends dad's converted a 20 footer to their first toy hauler. They still have it and it's pushing 25 years old.

I'll second the fact all production trailers are built like piles of garbage.

You'll want cabinets. Find some sets in your favorite flavor and hang them down the length of the roof on both sides (as long as they don't interfere with loading your sami) I second roof ac and a window in the door/opposite side. Use the v nose for a sink/kitchenette (there's enough room for a countertop microwave and sink easily). Sink can be a foot pump or 12v pump unit. Plus you can add a mini fridge or one of those overlander 12v fridge/freezers later.

There's room to mount holding tanks under the floor. They put in a grey tank that was slightly bigger than their potable tank. But they also added a shower :smokin:. Put a fantastic fan or two in the roof with maxxair roof vent covers (helps to keep the air fresh and not stale) plus 1 forward lower wall race trailer pull out vents and another in the rear on the opposite side to pull fresh air and keep the fuel stank outta the trailer. If you need any other help or have questions let me know.

Maybe I am confused on brands or something.:idea:
Finally remembered to get a picture, they are indeed Power King Towmax STR.
If I'm reading the date code correctly, they are 2013 tires, 205/75R15 Load Range D, filled to sidewall pressure when we got them and checked about once a year since.
Only been inside when there was something on the trailer that needed to stay dry, otherwise they've been outside on grass ever since.
IMG_20220911_124403134_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220911_124414802_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220911_124426683_HDR.jpg

Good for 2150 lb each, on a 6x10 landscape trailer that weighs about 1000# empty and very rarely gets overloaded :grinpimp:

Aaron Z

You will get a whopping 8-10 mpg pulling that behind the F150.

My ecobust gets avg 9 pulling my Scout on a deckover. Only about 9300 lb. I run a blue ox WB hitch with 1k bars. Timbrens on the axle, add a leaf. (has a heavy ass contractor midrise cap).

Get better mileage pulling my rents 30 ft camper.

Its looking good so far.

Ya most enclosed trailers are not built for the long haul, nor are campers.

Finally remembered to get a picture, they are indeed Power King Towmax STR.
If I'm reading the date code correctly, they are 2013 tires, 205/75R15 Load Range D, filled to sidewall pressure when we got them and checked about once a year since.
Only been inside when there was something on the trailer that needed to stay dry, otherwise they've been outside on grass ever since.
IMG_20220911_124403134_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220911_124414802_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220911_124426683_HDR.jpg

Good for 2150 lb each, on a 6x10 landscape trailer that weighs about 1000# empty and very rarely gets overloaded :grinpimp:

Aaron Z
You have made different sacrifices to tire god than I.
9 year old tires might be good on your landscape trailer but not on my 13k lb RV I tow cross country.

You have made different sacrifices to tire god than I.
9 year old tires might be good on your landscape trailer but not on my 13k lb RV I tow cross country.
I completely understand, if I was running this on a RV or cross country, they would have been changed 4-6 years ago.

With the landscape trailer that MIGHT get 100 miles from home, the risk of expensive damage is a LOT less and I carry a spare tire.

IIRC the tires that these replaced were original to when the trailer was new from 2002, so they made it 11 years before I had them changed.

Aaron Z

I completely understand, if I was running this on a RV or cross country, they would have been changed 4-6 years ago.

With the landscape trailer that MIGHT get 100 miles from home, the risk of expensive damage is a LOT less and I carry a spare tire.

IIRC the tires that these replaced were original to when the trailer was new from 2002, so they made it 11 years before I had them changed.

Aaron Z
yeah I hear yah, I can't even tell you what tires are on my car hauler at the moment :homer: they might be from 2013 too haha.

Totally random and not asked for but wanted to offer some advice.

I’ve slept in enclosed trailers and in the winter I swear they get colder inside then it is outside.

In my wife’s E350 bus we have one of those little diesel heaters and holy shit they can pump out some heat. They are on Amazon, alibaba, etc.

If your doing some colder weather camping I’d recommend them. Bang for buck is hard to beat too.

Edit:added the link

Top Back Refresh