What's new

In Car coms and C2C coms

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
For those of you in the desert with UTVs, sand rails and Jeeps/U4 cars what do you guys prefer for in car coms and C2C? I have had very good luck with Brad Blair at SXS Radios for my dual band 2 way radio so will probably buy a kit from him unless you guys think the items linked below are complete garbage. I looked at Rugged Radios but it looks like they are double the cost and unless I am missing something I don't see the value?:confused:

I have a SSV Works stereo in my RZR now but I am ok with streaming music from my phone to the BT intercom system.

TerraTrip Bluetooth Intercom with headsets

Custom Th8600/Terratrip intercom adapter with PTT

I dont know that brand but most of the rugged radios stuff is just rebadged baofeng and related at a massive price increase.

My favorite choice for UHF handhelds is off-lease Kenwood commerical stuff, like the TK370. You can find them for $15-20 with some looking around, batteries are cheap, chirp programmable and its a radio that was built to hold up to a cop or firefighter carrying it around 24x7 so they are pretty dang reliable.

I have a TYT-8600 dual band for car to car in the RZR now. I would like to add an intercom setup with headphones but from what I can tell I am not willing to spend what these companies want.

Talked to Brad Blair last night after work and he carries this brand now. cost on this website is $1150 with Bluetooth so I can stream music from my phone as well. intercom he would sell it to me with the cable to connect to my current 2 way radio for $1000

Top Back Refresh