What's new

Improving the ride of a 2000 Club Car DS golf cart?

aczlan

Good Morning!
Member Number
Loc
Fingerlakes region of NY
Mother in law has a 2000 Club Car DS Electric golf cart, it has 6 8 volt batteries and a rear facing bench on the back.
It also rides rougher than the older cart we had with no rear suspension (Toro Twister), it will come close to knocking your fillings out.
I can bounce my not insignificant weight on the back "running board" and it hardly moves.
1658192266186.png

I was looking underneath tonight and am wondering if it would be worth pulling the overload spring off of the spring pack, or if I would be better off rolling the dice on a different set of springs.
1658192006163.png

Don't care about lifting it, shocks have about an inch of up travel (put the extenders on the shocks as it only had about 3/4" of down travel) but that didn't help.
Tried pulling the shocks off, but that didn't help either.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Aaron Z

Pull the overload leaf. Certainly can’t hurt to try.

That thing is built to haul 1200 pounds of pale pasty white fat fucks around. I bet those springs are tighter than a nuns ****.

Even with 800-900# of people on the back it rides hard.
If taking the overload off fixes it, I might put the overload leaf on the other golf cart with a rear seat that has springs that are too soft.

Aaron Z

Remove the 2nd and 4th leaf while you have it apart since you have a back seat. I'm running with the single main leaf on my older DS 2 seater.

Top Back Refresh