What's new

Im supposed to make something Greek. I dont even know.

KungFooMASTA

El Stupido
Member Number
Loc
17 miles West of Murdock KS
Im supposed to go to a Christmas party and bring something greek. I have never ate anything Greek and looking online I dont see anything that even sounds good or looks good. I asked my Girlfriend if Greek people even eat meat and she said lamb and rabbit. I have a rabbit in the fridge but it is freezer burnt and I dont have time to go shoot a rabbit and I suck at skinning them without getting fur all over.

Is there any IBB recipes for something that is greek and good?

Greek is the old school euphemism for buttseks.

2EECE576-3A51-4C88-A3C0-470DA022CA75.jpeg

Just searching, this looks easy. Says you can substitute the anchovies for lamb, so sub the lamb for whatever meat is easy to come by. :homer: It is just a Christmas party.

I guess so. What is the worst they can say when I show up with some waffle house waffles smothered and covered. Kick me out and not let me eat whatever greek food they brought. I think I should eat before I go. Seriously Greek food just does not sound good to eat at all. No wonder its a diet, whoever is on it just doesn’t eat.

I agree. How about just bring a pie or something? no one can resist pie :grinpimp:

Years ago a girlfriend took me to a Greek restaurant. We had these things wrapped in grape leaves (iirc) that were pretty tasty. We had other stuff too, I just remember the grape leaves :homer:

Dolmas?

Last edited:
Im supposed to go to a Christmas party and bring something greek. I have never ate anything Greek and looking online I dont see anything that even sounds good or looks good. I asked my Girlfriend if Greek people even eat meat and she said lamb and rabbit. I have a rabbit in the fridge but it is freezer burnt and I dont have time to go shoot a rabbit and I suck at skinning them without getting fur all over.

Is there any IBB recipes for something that is greek and good?
What in the fuck kind of people you hang out with??

Somebody asked me to bring something Greek I would ask what the fuck is wrong with you? Then I would bring some wildcat and pretend it’s Greek and guilt everyone into trying some. Because I’m a asshole that way.

Greek food is pretty awesome, jealous of the party! Drench some chicken thighs and small potatoes in olive oil, lemon juice and bitter spices and bake that shit in the oven on a high sided pan until it's all done Drench with more lemon juice when it's done.

Something easy. Greek kabobs.

Buy some Cavender’s Greek Seasoning and some Greek salad dressing. Cube up chicken or beef and marinate in Greek seasoning and dressing. I like to skewer with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes that we par cook in the oven brushed with olive oil and Greek seasoning . Grill and hit with a little more seasoning.

Are dolmas Greek? We make them all the time with the leaves from our grapes! Super easy to make and tasty! Trader Joe's sells them too but they're vegetarian. We like to put a little sausage in the mix.

Greek isn't all grape leaves/healthy. Went in the summer and ate more meat than anything else. Think rabbit stew, lots of goat, some chicken thrown in, etc. Seafood too. Wife and I often shared a platter and couldn't finish. Also they do a couple different apps that are a cheese-dip style with good fresh bread, was great. Food was awesome there

Greek salad is extremely easy to make if it fits. Red onions, peppers, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, greek dressing. Croutons if you want. done

Went to the party. I just gave her some money and she ordered grape leaves. I was not impressed by them, she said it was an acquired taste. I said well I guess its good Im not rich I dont have to acquire rich food tastes. Lol

The lamb was good though. The rest of the food was not bad but nothing I would go out of my way for.

Greek salad is extremely easy to make if it fits. Red onions, peppers, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, greek dressing. Croutons if you want. done
There's a recipe that one fry the onions in olive oil and add feta cheese. Promptly stuff the Greek salad & heated onions/feta into a pita bread-

There's a recipe that one fry the onions in olive oil and add feta cheese. Promptly stuff the Greek salad & heated onions/feta into a pita bread-
this sounds good, gonna have to try it :smokin:

grape leaves are definitely hit or miss. the ones I had in Greece were awesome. The ones I've had in the US have all been somewhere on the the OK-bad scale

Top Back Refresh