What's new

I'm an idiot

evernoob

Reactionary
Member Number
and went and got scammed on eGay.

Yesterday:
  1. Receive email: Your item has sold! Me: wtf
  2. Contact ebay: I didn't list this item. Get phone callback, goes to vm. emails: "we heard your complaint"
  3. Contact buyer: I didn't list this item. Buyer: oh man, now i'm out $x.xx
  4. Mistake: I begin return procedures through eGay. Me: Welp, I'm honest, and started an issue, what can it hurt?
  5. Check PP: $x.xx deposited. $x.xx being returned, pending
This morning:
  1. Msg: $x.xx is being withdrawn from you account for Paypa
  2. Me: of course
  3. File dispute with Paypal
Ok, so they got me to initiate a return which looked like I got payment on PP, but is now being sucked out of my PP-connected bank account.

I got scammed. I am a dumbass (too nice and trusting).

wat do

Last edited:
For future reference.

Capture.JPG

Another PP/eBay imbroglio. My accounts are >20 years old, and I've only had financial troubles with them. I've been making payments on the internet since compuserve. No other payment system has given me trouble including greymarket BTC shortly after the pizza days, known off-shore Mainland Asia accounts with thousands in them. No problems.

Only PP/eBay problems.

Anyone that links a paypal account to a checking account with money in it is well, like you said an idiot. I opened a special checking account 15 years ago for all online crap. I move money into it as needed. It gets compromised, enjoy your $3. :lmao:

Anyone that links a paypal account to a checking account with money in it is well, like you said an idiot. I opened a special checking account 15 years ago for all online crap. I move money into it as needed. It gets compromised, enjoy your $3. :lmao:

I agree, having a sanitary account has saved me perhaps a dozen times. This time the account had money in it, it is after all Bidenbuxx Day.

You know... I'm not thining about stimulus checks yesterday, I'm thinking about some person out there getting screwed and I tried to help them. That's the scam.

But it was all resolved in my favor with obsequious language from PP. I'm quite pleased to bring this public-service announcement and reminder to my friends here at Irate Bulletin Board.

Another PP/eBay imbroglio. My accounts are >20 years old, and I've only had financial troubles with them. I've been making payments on the internet since compuserve. No other payment system has given me trouble including greymarket BTC shortly after the pizza days, known off-shore Mainland Asia accounts with thousands in them. No problems.

Only PP/eBay problems.

Wait wut?

Top Back Refresh