Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

I'll start. Post a picture of your bike(s).

Sorry about the tough luck on the first BDR. My first BDR trip was last August, and ended when my buddy’s bike got disabled. Two of us left him and another guy on the trail with instructions to sit tight while we scouted the trail ahead to verify that my pickup could make it back there for the bike rescue. Returned to find my buddy wrecked on the side of the trail 5 miles from where we left him. He had gotten so impatient that he decided he wanted to be towed by strangers in a rzr rather than sit on his hands. So, since he had never been towed, and the rzr driver had never towed a bike, it ended up with a few broken ribs in the absolute middle of nowhere CO. Luckily, the rzr folks were capable of being shamed into hauling him out of there to get checked out (hours away).

Good call on you putting the most experienced riders on the towing job. It’s sketchy as hell in the very best circumstances.
Wow! I’m glad I was patient. Finishing a BDR may be more difficult than I thought. I watched some videos on YouTube and guys started with 6 ended with 2 and that didn’t seem too uncommon.

We had 6. 4 finished. I was bike related at 65 miles in, another stopped with about 100 to go due to a hurt leg.

In order through the years.

sv650.jpg
1999 SV650. Had it 4 years and wrecked it.

sv1000.jpg

2003 SV1000. Best bike ever, had this one for 11 years, should have never sold it. Big ragrets!

Night Rod.jpg
2012 Harley Night Rod. This is where I learned that cruisers just aren't my thing.

Duc.jpg

2015 Ducati Streetfighter 848. Closest I'll ever get to an exotic anything. Stunning to look at, not so great to live with. Hated slow speed riding, was really tempermental at low rpms and in traffic. Big fun the few times I really gave it the beans.

Trident 2.jpg

And just bought this one, a super low mile '22 Triumph Trident. Dialed things back a bit, just wanted a fun all-around bike to bomb around on. So far I'm digging it, though I secretly wish for another 30 hp :p

Bdr- big dumb rides?

How's the 500? Buzzy on the highway or not too bad?
Haha that works too…. Backcountry Discovery Ride, there’sa lot of maps for them

The 500 isn’t “that” bad once you balance the wheels…. A 15 front sprocket helps, but it’s not a street bike and 200 miles at 65+ is pretty tiring. Especially after once you ride a ”real” street bike

It’s all a trade off

Kyron Your avatar pic - Longhorn Grill/Saloon in Amado? Great corners out to Arivaca n' back :smokin:

We should gather up What? (he's in PHX) and go ride something sometime. I'm the limiting factor though as I have nothing to hit the dirt with right now :/ Up for riding some slab though.

Welby Didn't know you were into bikes too, nice set of rides.

I’m game

My clubs dual sport is Nov 4&5 in Prescott … the howling at the moon

I think I’m sweeping the B loop this year

I’m game

My clubs dual sport is Nov 4&5 in Prescott … the howling at the moon

I think I’m sweeping the B loop this year
What? You wanna try to make this? It's a haul for me, haha. I'll do it.....

What? You wanna try to make this? It's a haul for me, haha. I'll do it.....

Looks fun, not sure if I'll make it back in town in time for it.

But definitely from mid Nov to March I'm ready :dustin:

My family wasn't orange enough, so we added a little bit.

2017 SX50. Dropped the forks 20mm in the clamps, and set the sag really saggy, and he can get 2 toes down. Little man is stoked. Just went outside "to hug my KTM."
20231015_104121.jpg

Wife is talking about a black plastic kit for it and new decals, seat cover is a little worn, but otherwise it's in great shape. Has 30 easy hours on the top end, and the kid who had it wasn't an on the pipe kinda creature.

Gotta do a beer box skid plate template and get the metal guy at work to glue it one together out of aluminum.

My family wasn't orange enough, so we added a little bit.

2017 SX50. Dropped the forks 20mm in the clamps, and set the sag really saggy, and he can get 2 toes down. Little man is stoked. Just went outside "to hug my KTM."
20231015_104121.jpg

Wife is talking about a black plastic kit for it and new decals, seat cover is a little worn, but otherwise it's in great shape. Has 30 easy hours on the top end, and the kid who had it wasn't an on the pipe kinda creature.

Gotta do a beer box skid plate template and get the metal guy at work to glue it one together out of aluminum.

Those things are badass:smokin:

I have had a 45mph sign for a skid on my 300 for about 10 years now, with no issues. Sponsored by ODOT:lmao:

NO:flipoff2:

You can see the aloominum bars that I tapped that sits on top the frame rail, just clamps to the frame.

Look up around the pipe and you can see a lil Ubolt holding the frame.

Its held up pretty damn good considering what that bike has been through

Last edited:
Deadly! I'm worried about him wrecking the pipe or pipe flange trying to get over a log or rocks too, dunno how to protect that. Have to see how he does in the woods on it first I guess lol

I think im into it for $3:laughing:

I think that pipe flange thing is blown out IMO. Pipes are disposable, let them be the fuse. I have crushed them bad enough they pulled most most of the way out of the cylinder. Had one break in half.

Outside if the internet. I have never even heard of a pipe flange getting damaged. Let alone seen it in person. Broke about everything else on the bike though:homer:

Bottom side of the pipe on my 150 is allready smashed flat:laughing: It still hauls ass and no longer hangs down in the way:flipoff2:

Last edited:
I think im into it for $3:laughing:

I think that pipe flange thing is blown out IMO. Pipes are disposable, let them be the fuse. I have crushed them bad enough they pulled most most of the way out of the cylinder. Had one break in half.

Outside if the internet. I have never even heard of a pipe flange getting damaged. Let alone seen it in person.

Bottom side of the pipe on my 150 is allready smashed flat:laughing: It still hauls ass and no longer hangs down in the way:flipoff2:

I'd never heard of it on the internet before I was told I oughtta get one to prevent smashing the jug like a friend's friend did.

Funny how that works. I poked a window in my clutch cover. Within a week most the guys had clutch cover guards:laughing:

Top Back Refresh