What's new

If you hear it, it wasn't aimed at you.

Not sure how, but a pair of A-10s got clearance to use one of our arty ranges for gun runs. We were doing our normal guy POG field ops and their racetrack went right over our heads every time they pulled the trigger. That was a cool afternoon.

Not sure how, but a pair of A-10s got clearance to use one of our arty ranges for gun runs. We were doing our normal guy POG field ops and their racetrack went right over our heads every time they pulled the trigger. That was a cool afternoon.
I'm fucking sure. I get half-chub just from watching the videos, live I might cream in my jeans.

I'm fucking sure. I get half-chub just from watching the videos, live I might cream in my jeans.

We pretty much had that reaction.

While the Army was probably 95% complete and utter bullshit, that last 5% could be REALLY FAWKING COOL.

Christ, can you imagine being on the wrong end of that? That dragon roar gives me goosbumps, even knowing it's on our side.

Was up skiing at Brian Head UT one time, and a friend was on ski patrol and got us a ride in a snow cat to the top of one of the non-marked runs. First that cat felt like it was going up a 50* slope and we're all just basically pinned into our chairs and seeing nothing but sky, when over the ridge came a squad of 4 A10's flying maybe 100' off the ground right over the top of us. It was awesome, and yeah it's way too late by the time you see or hear them.

The A-10 is everything I love about America. A plane built around a gun is like Florida in machine form. It's so over-the-top and amazing. Plus the fact that they can fly while missing a wing and engine is incredible. F-ing love those things.

Top Back Refresh