What's new

IdaSHO Camper Idacamper

Member Number
Loc
Abitibi
Got looking around the internet and found this. Kenny's still doing stuff.
Not sure why he never made it here.

Flatbed and really neat camper mounts:

52411419251_24fdeef7c4_b.jpg

Picture album showing build:

three-gear-setting-connection-logo-vector.jpg

Iirc he had a whole build thread on here. I remember posting in it. I was building a similar one till water got in during construction and I scrapped it.

Seen one like that headed up to Mt. Rainier new years day. Didn't get a picture.

Iirc he had a whole build thread on here. I remember posting in it. I was building a similar one till water got in during construction and I scrapped it.
You're probably thinking at the old place.
I'm pretty sure he's still hanging out with CaryW at the old place.

Know anyone with an expeditionportal account?

Maybe he's living under a rock and doesn't know about this place...
He recently posted in the link I posted at the top of this thread.
I remember following his threads before I settled on a bus as my camper platform. He's still alive and kicking over here: Idacamper (Superduty) updates 2023 Last post a couple months ago.

Im here! Just beyond busy....

Thanks for the kind words all. The camper has performed beyond expectations, and even pushing beyond the 10-year mark is doing as good as ever. Shame with the old Pirate nonsense the original thread was lost.

All photos for the build are still available on flicker. Feel free to snoop around

Im in the process currently of resto-modding a Gen2 Tracker/Vitara for a TOAD vehicle. Torn down as far as you can go... and rebuilding from there. Zero mile rebuild on the J20A, rebuild front and rear ends, lower gears in the diffs, deeper xfer case gears, etc.... Body cut up and reworked to fit 31's without any lift, custom drop down tailgate and rear tire carrier... Should be a hoot when done. :grinpimp:

build thread for this one The Heap. A Gen 2 Tracker/Vitara Build

53187032570_a4db04a5cb_b.jpg

53462214804_5a61c67880_b.jpg

Got looking around the internet and found this. Kenny's still doing stuff.
Not sure why he never made it here.

Flatbed and really neat camper mounts:

52411419251_24fdeef7c4_b.jpg

Picture album showing build:

three-gear-setting-connection-logo-vector.jpg
awesome; thanks for posting!:smokin::beer:

Im here! Just beyond busy....

Thanks for the kind words all. The camper has performed beyond expectations, and even pushing beyond the 10-year mark is doing as good as ever. Shame with the old Pirate nonsense the original thread was lost.

All photos for the build are still available on flicker. Feel free to snoop around

So was the camper a one-off model?

So was the camper a one-off model?
yep. One of one.

For those that may recall, I built this one for ourselves, and due to a recent lay-off and (seemingly) ridiculous interest... I made a half ditch effort to make a business out of building custom campers. At the end of the day nobody was willing to pay what it was worth.
I was enjoying unemployment for the first time in my life, and had little to nothing invested, so no harm no foul. Carry on. :flipoff2:

yep. One of one.

For those that may recall, I built this one for ourselves, and due to a recent lay-off and (seemingly) ridiculous interest... I made a half ditch effort to make a business out of building custom campers. At the end of the day nobody was willing to pay what it was worth.
I was enjoying unemployment for the first time in my life, and had little to nothing invested, so no harm no foul. Carry on. :flipoff2:
That's always the weird part *somebody * is paying these wild prices, but how the hell do you reach them to sell them something is a bit of mystery

If he's here, it is under a different user name. Nothing like idasho comes up in the member list.

Fuck yeah!

Welcome abroad.:flipoff2:

Edit: Why is your join date so old then? Something's fishy.

As noted above, when I searched the member list nothing came up. Now it does and shows the 2020 join date. However, it also shows your only posts are the ones in this thread. Perhaps people don't show up if they just create an account, but don't have any activity?

That's always the weird part *somebody * is paying these wild prices, but how the hell do you reach them to sell them something is a bit of mystery

We've seen it here and the last place through the years - as well as being pretty common in general. Someone has an idea and everyone is all gung-ho about it, but as soon as it comes to putting money down everything dries up.

As you say, though, there is a market out there. I know someone who is dropping around a quarter million on an AT Overland setup. The issue is always in being able to connect with that market. As with anything, it is those initial sales that make all the difference. Until you can make those initial sales and point to them, you're not going to attract much attention. I think some of that comes down to having the bankroll to get past that point or have the connections to people who are going to bankroll those initial sales. Those people are unlikely to take a chance on a total unknown, but they're going to buy into what others in their "community" are buying.

I was absolutely reading to drop $2k+ on a LS based head for a 300 but it's been so long that my interests have shifted.

I might still if the damn thing ever comes to market but they guy leading it is so old the project might outlive him, just like the last 300 head project...

Top Back Refresh