What's new

ID this old car trunk lid?

bgaidan

Red Skull Member
Member Number
This has been leaning against the wall in the corner of my shop since I moved in. I originally assumed it was for the '38 chevy I sold last year, but looking at old pics, it's way too small. But I'm assuming it's from that general era.

Anyone recognize it? It's in decen shape and I'd hate to scrap it if it's something that could be used for a restoration.

mpGlLBl-ivxDge8vT8h7pT-wA=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
cguQMHeLTtyeAtTTivMuNBBYQ=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

TDAhdKvd57rl37iX-xj2ba0ag=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

This has been leaning against the wall in the corner of my shop since I moved in. I originally assumed it was for the '38 chevy I sold last year, but looking at old pics, it's way too small. But I'm assuming it's from that general era.

Anyone recognize it? It's in decen shape and I'd hate to scrap it if it's something that could be used for a restoration.

mpGlLBl-ivxDge8vT8h7pT-wA=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
cguQMHeLTtyeAtTTivMuNBBYQ=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

TDAhdKvd57rl37iX-xj2ba0ag=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
Do you know any artist? They could use it for a canvas. I could envision a David Mann inspired piece painted across it.

The PO's son was an artist. I still have some of his pieces that also came with the shop. I'm not sure which of these would look best on a '34 trunk lid though. :flipoff2::laughing:

h4-JB5wFboFPFJtYqwBDRUegw=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
Why don't you sell me that atlas.

Cuz that's mah baby. That thing is way to handy for quick projects. I'm in the process of setting up a 16x54 Monarch and I guarantee I'll still use the Craftsman more.
Btp29eXjR5dQrBmf5MBBiO3Rdw=w703-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

I'll make you a deal on the 12.5x60 Cincinatti though. :flipoff2:
1GyiHEUxJ4CsrmNQpUVSK-7Gg=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
Man that monarch is sexy as fuck. I bet you traded a nut for it or something. I've not bee able to afford the ones I'm finding.

I'm so stupid I'm shopping for lathes before I have a non-underground shop. If you want to help get that Cincy in my basement shop, (non walkout) then lets do it, lol

Post more pics of the atlas

The PO's son was an artist. I still have some of his pieces that also came with the shop. I'm not sure which of these would look best on a '34 trunk lid though. :flipoff2::laughing:

h4-JB5wFboFPFJtYqwBDRUegw=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg
I spy with my little eye - - - cool old analog electronics. (Also, nice shop! :beer:)

Man that monarch is sexy as fuck. I bet you traded a nut for it or something. I've not bee able to afford the ones I'm finding.

I'm so stupid I'm shopping for lathes before I have a non-underground shop. If you want to help get that Cincy in my basement shop, (non walkout) then lets do it, lol

Post more pics of the atlas

I basically stole the Monarch at an auction a month or two ago. I think it was $2500 loaded on my trailer.

Nothing super special about the Craftsman (Atlas). Typical 12x54. They made a shit ton of them. Had to drive to VA Beach to pick it up, but it was a killer deal and came with about 500lb of mostly brass and copper stock. The stock was almost worth what I paid for it.

Deals are out there, but you have to watch and be ready to jump on something when it pops up.

JTAWPCfFTLUHjc_t_ovi0MyMw=w1666-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

sMAyV2AoiwvngHyGHeioA8fy5=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

2_6AUHe13vy_J0BjFuIYmtuLZ=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

The Cinci is a little way to big to roll down stairs.....at least with any kind of control :laughing:

It's crazy. The atlas is a 12x54 and the Cinci is 12.5x60 but weighs about 4x as much. The difference between a hobby toy and a real production machine.

NP.

And also "sold".

Throw that bitch out on MP.
And mine appears to be in a little better shape....but no hinges, so maybe a wash...

There was another on HAMB that sold for $750.

I love finding these little hidden money pockets. Almost makes up for the stupid shit that the PO did that I've had to fix. :laughing:

I spy with my little eye - - - cool old analog electronics. (Also, nice shop! :beer:)

Analog electronics connected to modern controls. Sometimes I'd like to go back in time and punch Duc in the dick for using those.

Dig your self a walkout. :flipoff2:

The Cinci is a little way to big to roll down stairs.....at least with any kind of control :laughing:

Ramp, chain and a truck with a lot of weight in the bed and a buddy on the brakes :laughing:

Dig your self a walkout. :flipoff2:
I have considered it, as I'm leaving that shop as-is and moving in my larger welder, and a few other things home once the outside one is built. If that doesn't happen in 2023, I'm at least building a jib crane in the back yard, and poking a fucking hole in the house somewhere.

EDIT: Not really on the jib deal. I'll just cry while getting BJ's if it isn't built.

Top Back Refresh