Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

IBB Midwest adventure 2023?

You know I'm a big fan of rmr but I've been there, so something else might be fun. I'm not a fan of Disney, but don't skip on it if everyone else wants to go there. Smorr would be good for two days, same at rmr. I've never been to flat nasty. What's it like?
Doc and my friend I got my buggy from said its not worth passing Smorr to go to. But I have never been there so I want to at least see for myself.

Maybe we should do 4 states area this year and Southeast OK into AR next year.

I'm in. Should have the k5 dialed in by then. May not be able to get away from the shop for a whole week though. Any issues with someone showing up for 3 or 4 days?

the one thing that sucks about a couple of the parks is they are only open weekends. that makes things a challenge too

I’m in a stretched YJ on 37s. I usually prefer to road it, but this may be worth trailering from CO. Definitely interested if there’s room for my kind.

i would be interested in meeting up with the group depending on what parks you decide to visit. I'll be in a RZR though.

As mentioned SMORR is only open weekends. I have rolled in on Thursday night to camp and wheeled Friday and Saturday and Sunday then headed home.

Rush Springs is in Jane/Pineville MO and is open 365 days I believe.

I have not been to Flat Nasty, so not much help there. their website says open all day every day. Flat Nasty

Moonlight Racing in Sullivan MO claims open every day too. Moonlight

Last edited:
i would be interested in meeting up with the group depending on what parks you decide to visit. I'll be in a RZR though.

As mentioned SMORR is only open weekends. I have rolled in on Thursday night to camp and wheeled Friday and Saturday and Sunday then headed home.

Rush Springs is in Jane/Pineville MO and is open 365 days I believe.

I have not been to Flat Nasty, so not much help there. their website says open all day every day. Flat Nasty

Moonlight Racing in Sullivan MO claims open every day too. Moonlight
What do you know about Moonlight? How many acres is it? How many trails? Is it for bouncers, trail rigs, sxs? Or what. I have never heard about it till now and only see what is on their fb page you linked.

Rush is open every day but you have to be off the trails by midnight. I went there in October and it is a good place for what we do. Nothing too extreme though. Would be a good place for things with under 40” tires and familys. Still fun for the big rigs but nothing impossible.

I haven't been to Moonlight since probably 2015? i was in a stock LJR so stayed on the easy stuff. didnt see much of the park since it was 100* that weekend.

I'd love to wheel with some of you guys.

Not sure if it's too far North but I've always wanted to check out Drummond Island, you have to ferry your ride over :usa:

I'd love to wheel with some of you guys.

Not sure if it's too far North but I've always wanted to check out Drummond Island, you have to ferry your ride over :usa:
if that is what google shows for drummond island, then its 15 hours from me. :eek: I'm not organizing this, so who knows how kungfoo will weigh in , but that is waaaaaaaay to far north. :laughing:

Yeah it's a hike for sure, I'll go anywhere cause I may be missing my annual trip to VA this Spring

Drummond Island is not the type of wheeling you guys want to drive over 3-4 hours to do IMO. I've never been there, but it isn't really hard or technical from what i gather. Known tons of people who've been there and it's more scenic and muddy than anything else.
I live in MI, but that's not one of my wheeling destinations when i get my rig done...

I may be interested in this. Doubt I'll make it, but following none the less.

Been watching this for awhile and thinking about it. I thought I would throw in my 2 cents since I am bored at work today.

Hot Springs is open 7 days a week and Green Acres is pretty much open all the time (just fill out form and drop money in box). You can connect those two with some of the Kiamichi Trail if you wanted to do some trail/gravel between parks in lieu of all asphalt (That would take a little more coordination and planning). Flat Nasty has new owners and I believe are now open every day. Disney is open every day, and I believe Rush is open everyday.

For me, the wheeling and the hanging out afterward would be what I would be interested in and not whether or not my rig can make it 3-5 hours on pavement. So, wheel a day(or two) at a park, camp at that park that night so you can have some beers and BS around a fire and fix what needs fixing, next day trailer 3-5 hours and wheel that afternoon, camp, wheel.

One idea-
Sat SMORR - meet at 9am in parking lot ( for those that could travel the night before or that morning)
Wheel all day, camp that night.
Sun SMORR - wheel all day camp that night.(for those that travelled on Sat and didn't wheel on Sat you would still get in a day at SMORR with the group).
Mon- travel to Flat Nasty (2 hour drive), wheel all day, camp that night (not sure if Flat Nasty has enough for 2 days)
Tues - travel to Hot Springs (5 hour drive), wheel rest of day, camp that night.
Wed - wheel Hot Springs all day, camp that night
Thurs - Travel to Clayton (3 hour drive), wheel all day at Green Acres. Green Acres is a park like no other I have been to, you may only do one trail all day and you may have the best time of your life or the worst doing it. So based on the consensus at end of day you determine Fri itinerary. But at least you are now back to a weekend where other parks will be open on Fri.
Fri - wheel again at Green Acres or move on to RMR (less than an hour drive) and wheel.
Sat - drive to disney and wheel or disembark and head home.

Smorr to Disney somewhat of a circle. That is somewhat centered for all those in KS, MO, AR, OK. For me in Memphis, I would probably join at SMORR on Sat and end my trip in Hot Springs on Wed. However, my wife is a school teacher and school is in in Oct so not sure she would be able to get Mon-Wed off and she could balk me going on my own. So I may just end up wheeling SMORR during the weekend. Taking off the whole week is a commitment that I am not sure my wife is willing for me to make.

Sorry for jumping in on all your all conversation with a long post but figured I would throw it out there.

Been watching this for awhile and thinking about it. I thought I would throw in my 2 cents since I am bored at work today.

Hot Springs is open 7 days a week and Green Acres is pretty much open all the time (just fill out form and drop money in box). You can connect those two with some of the Kiamichi Trail if you wanted to do some trail/gravel between parks in lieu of all asphalt (That would take a little more coordination and planning). Flat Nasty has new owners and I believe are now open every day. Disney is open every day, and I believe Rush is open everyday.

For me, the wheeling and the hanging out afterward would be what I would be interested in and not whether or not my rig can make it 3-5 hours on pavement. So, wheel a day(or two) at a park, camp at that park that night so you can have some beers and BS around a fire and fix what needs fixing, next day trailer 3-5 hours and wheel that afternoon, camp, wheel.

One idea-
Sat SMORR - meet at 9am in parking lot ( for those that could travel the night before or that morning)
Wheel all day, camp that night.
Sun SMORR - wheel all day camp that night.(for those that travelled on Sat and didn't wheel on Sat you would still get in a day at SMORR with the group).
Mon- travel to Flat Nasty (2 hour drive), wheel all day, camp that night (not sure if Flat Nasty has enough for 2 days)
Tues - travel to Hot Springs (5 hour drive), wheel rest of day, camp that night.
Wed - wheel Hot Springs all day, camp that night
Thurs - Travel to Clayton (3 hour drive), wheel all day at Green Acres. Green Acres is a park like no other I have been to, you may only do one trail all day and you may have the best time of your life or the worst doing it. So based on the consensus at end of day you determine Fri itinerary. But at least you are now back to a weekend where other parks will be open on Fri.
Fri - wheel again at Green Acres or move on to RMR (less than an hour drive) and wheel.
Sat - drive to disney and wheel or disembark and head home.

Smorr to Disney somewhat of a circle. That is somewhat centered for all those in KS, MO, AR, OK. For me in Memphis, I would probably join at SMORR on Sat and end my trip in Hot Springs on Wed. However, my wife is a school teacher and school is in in Oct so not sure she would be able to get Mon-Wed off and she could balk me going on my own. So I may just end up wheeling SMORR during the weekend. Taking off the whole week is a commitment that I am not sure my wife is willing for me to make.

Sorry for jumping in on all your all conversation with a long post but figured I would throw it out there.
1675377175919.png

Map of suggestion for those, like me, who needed the visual.

I am kind of thinking of hitting mostly Missouri this year. I need to get around to making some calls and seeing if anyone will work with us. Im thinking starting at K rocks on a Sunday hit Rush a few days Smorr a few days if they will let us then flat nasty a day and moonlight a day. If Smorr wont work with us during the week pass them and go to flatnasty and moonlight then back to Smorr on the weekend.

I need to get some free time and call some of the places.

Yea I don't know if SMORR would accommodate midweek wheeling. I think it would depend on the size of the group really. KS Rocks are only open weekends as well. The staff is all volunteer so there is no one there during the week.

I would be down for hooking up with the group on weekends. We are going to CO over Labor Day week so that would be out for us.

a small group of golf carts are going on the frostbite run at KRocks on 2/25
who is going? I am a couple hours away from KS Rocks. I was talking to a buddy about going out next weekend anyway. Might just head that way instead.

Me with my x3, another x3, a kawi 4 seater and a ranger 2 seater. Me and the kawi are new rigs. Probably light to medium trails for the kawi and ranger. 6 adults and probably two kids 13 and 2 yo. Just running up for the day

Top Back Refresh