Midwest-MO/KS/AR/OK/NE/IA

IBB Midwest adventure 2023?

KungFooMASTA

El Stupido
Member Number
Loc
17 miles West of Murdock KS
Edit
Dates are set for IBB Midwest Wheeling Week October 8th through October 14th 2023. I will release the locations and schedule this weekend, June 10th or 11th.

It will be in KS and MO. 5 Locations.
Still working on it. I never knew how much work this would be as a busy person with so much other stuff going on right now.

Edit

Who would be down for somthing like this?

You all know how our seasons work around here. I would think Fall would be best. Maybe Spring. Definitely not Summer.

I would think one week Start Sunday or Monday end Friday or Saturday so people have a few days to travel to and from the start/end.

Not too organized. Run what you got. Group up with like modified vehicles and just have fun for the day then on to the next place. Trailers or driving whatever you want. Camp in a tent/rv/ground motel whatever. Bring your own beer and food.

Some places we could go

Tuttle Creek
Tuttle Creek ORV Area

K-Rocks
Kansas Rocks Recreation Park KRRP
(620) 829-5328

Rush Springs
Rush Springs Ranch
(479) 202-4477

Smorr
Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch, LLC
(417) 773-4084

Flat Nasty
FLATNASTY Off-Road Park
(573) 729-6668

Eureka Springs
3B Off Road & RV Park Campground
(479) 330-5010

Hot Springs
Hot Springs Off-Road Park
(501) 625-3600

Disney
Rock Garden

Jay
MidAmerica Outdoors
(918) 837-0079

Twin Mountain
Twin Mountains Off-Road Park
(918) 429-8511

Poteau?
Poteau

Clayton
Green Acres Offroad

RMR
Rugged Mountain Ranch - Burris Valley
(855) 272-9565

Crossbar
Cross Bar Ranch Off-road Park
(580) 247-7244

Waynoka
Little Sahara State Park
(580) 824-1471

Rayrocks 35900 MO-10 · 35900 MO-10, Rayville, MO 64084

Cedar Canyon Ranch
36°15'59.2"N 96°55'31.0"W

Will add to the list as you guys suggest.

Last edited:
Do you have dates in mind? I work a 7 on/ 7 off schedule so long as it's an off week I am in.

It will probably take calling some of these locations to see if they can accommodate a big group midweek. I know a few of them are only open for weekends. I hope if there is enough intrest they would be willing to open a day midweek for us. I know they do for UA but they are bigtime with sponsers. Everyone will have to sponser themselves for this. Lol

So can you set pins on a map so we can actually see where all these places are??? If the south eastern run doesn't pan out, I'll be happy to join this one...
But i want to know what I'm getting myself into drive time wise:homer:
And of course, as long as my junk is ready by then:flipoff2:

So can you set pins on a map so we can actually see where all these places are??? If the south eastern run doesn't pan out, I'll be happy to join this one...
But i want to know what I'm getting myself into drive time wise:homer:
And of course, as long as my junk is ready by then:flipoff2:
Yes I will. Those are not the only places. Just what I could think of off the top of my head at the time.

I think it's a great idea, I'm just not sure I could make it work in 2023 with the other things I already have planed.

There is a new park in Rayville MO, Ray Rocks. I haven't heard much about it.

Also Cedar Canyon Ranch near Glenco OK.

I like the idea of wheeling/camping/traveling to the next spot (I trailer my junk) for a whole week UA style.

I have a rig that could be made roadable but. I think I will trailer the buggy this year. Im guessing there are a few here that have trailer only rigs. Still not sure where I am on allowing sxs’s. I hate sxs’s, but if they are a member here it can hopefully be assumed they are not the average asshat sxs owner.

I think it's a great idea, I'm just not sure I could make it work in 2023 with the other things I already have planed.

There is a new park in Rayville MO, Ray Rocks. I haven't heard much about it.

Also Cedar Canyon Ranch near Glenco OK.

I will add those to the list. I am leaning more towards October for this. The weather is cooling off by then but not too cold. That would also give everyone time to get it together and make it. Me and a couple other friends always do a trip every October anyway at a couple locations in half a week. The only difference here is more road miles and a few more days. Hopefully more friends along for the ride.

Timing would determine it, but I would love to be in. Have a Moab trip planned in June, and a shitbox that isn't done, but is close. Fall would be best, but would try to make most anything that's not August work.

Timing would determine it, but I would love to be in. Have a Moab trip planned in June, and a shitbox that isn't done, but is close. Fall would be best, but would try to make most anything that's not August work.
I am thinking October. If RMR is one of the places we go it would have to be early October since they close mid October for hunters. Ultra 4 Nationala are at Disney this year The last weekend of September into Oct 1. I dont want to do this deal at that same time.

Sterlingfire I put pins on all that I could find or close to anyways.

665.0coupe I looked into Rayville and Glencoe. They both look decent. It is really hard to find any real for sure info on either though. Im excited for Glencoe since its only a little over 2 hours away from me it is by far the closest thing I have to me. I cant believe I have never heard of it yet then again I can see since its all on Facebook and I dont Facebook.

665.0coupe I looked into Rayville and Glencoe. They both look decent. It is really hard to find any real for sure info on either though. Im excited for Glencoe since its only a little over 2 hours away from me it is by far the closest thing I have to me. I cant believe I have never heard of it yet then again I can see since its all on Facebook and I dont Facebook.
I think they are both primarily on FB. I went to the WE Rock event that was at Glenco earlier this year. I’m not sure how big the place is but the area we were was a huge creek bottom with steep rock banks a couple hundred yards from an open field. They had some very hard lines setup for the event. You would have fun there in your buggy.

I am thinking October. If RMR is one of the places we go it would have to be early October since they close mid October for hunters. Ultra 4 Nationala are at Disney this year The last weekend of September into Oct 1. I dont want to do this deal at that same time.

Sterlingfire I put pins on all that I could find or close to anyways.

Looks like the furthest from me is a little over 17 hours... the closest is a little under 14 hours. Not terrible. They are all pretty close together. Obviously couldn't hit all 16 places in one week, so it is probably doable if we don't finish at the further location from me. It would be very cool if we start at the furthest from me and get closer to my home as we go along. I won't try to dictate anything though as my pos is still on jack stands in the shop....
Screenshot_20221231_085040_Maps.jpg

Looks like the furthest from me is a little over 17 hours... the closest is a little under 14 hours. Not terrible. They are all pretty close together. Obviously couldn't hit all 16 places in one week, so it is probably doable if we don't finish at the further location from me. It would be very cool if we start at the furthest from me and get closer to my home as we go along. I won't try to dictate anything though as my pos is still on jack stands in the shop....
Screenshot_20221231_085040_Maps.jpg
Well what direction is the soon to be USSA? :flipoff2:

Out in Utah?

6F2A5A4C-79BD-4E8D-850F-64EE3F8F2F77.png

Someone from outside this group said they couldn’t get on. Once I get a better plan should I move this to the events section? The West Coast version is in the Land Use Section. Talk of the Southeast was in the G4x4 section.

Who are some other people to get in on this? Steer them over. I am likely to go even if no one else does because like I say I go on a big trip every year at this time. But it might be easier to get into some weekend only place if we say we are bringing 20+ rigs in for a day.

chaplinfj60 Curtism IowaOffRoad xr-nut

Who else? Tag someone and get them in on this. Even if you dont have a rig tag someone that does and ride with them.

How will you decide which places to hit and which to skip? There are so many in such a little area it would be nice to keep each park within an hour or two drive IMO

That is me, I just joined the group from the forum list , I won't be able to make it to the event.
I didn't know where to put the west coast event, but thought ibb might be part of it and that would make it easier to promote it...(apparently not) so you guys should be good right here.
:beer:

Last edited:
How will you decide which places to hit and which to skip? There are so many in such a little area it would be nice to keep each park within an hour or two drive IMO
Idk. Im just winging it. Probably by input from you all and if and when they will let us wheel. If this became an every year deal we could do one section one year and another the next.

Are you a yooper or in the murder mitten? That would decide if the last place is Rayrocks or Flatnasty.

Idk. Im just winging it. Probably by input from you all and if and when they will let us wheel. If this became an every year deal we could do one section one year and another the next.

Are you a yooper or in the murder mitten? That would decide if the last place is Rayrocks or Flatnasty.
In the middle of the Murder mitten...
Now you're making me feel like i need to get more progress on my pile if I'm going to make it:flipoff2:

Another question, will this more tailored for buggies, or will it be fullsize friendly? I'm running a fullsize with shortened wheelbase and super duty front... so not exactly super tight trail ready.

Another question, will this more tailored for buggies, or will it be fullsize friendly? I'm running a fullsize with shortened wheelbase and super duty front... so not exactly super tight trail ready.
I want it to be open to anyone from a Chevette Diesel to a rock bouncer. If we get enough people we can split into groups of rigs of similar ability.

If you have a fullsize and are scared of body damage dont try to follow me. :flipoff2:

I like the idea and want to be in. Late October will be out for us, youngest getting married. But by all means don't change the dates for me.

Another thought I had was instead of 5 or 6 parks why not narrow it down to 3, close together. One day at rmr is not nearly enough, same at smorr. Plus that will lop off some road miles.

And for sxs, they won't work at rmr. So if they're in they need to know that places they can get in.

I'm in the big tire low hp technical crawling crowd. I'm not going to break my shit trying to climb a mud hill. I'll watch and laugh at you, but I'm out on that shit.

We'd haul to each park, my junk is no where remotely roadable.

I want it to be open to anyone from a Chevette Diesel to a rock bouncer. If we get enough people we can split into groups of rigs of similar ability.

If you have a fullsize and are scared of body damage dont try to follow me. :flipoff2:
:laughing:
Well I'm not that worried about body damage or i wouldn't be building a fullsize:flipoff2:
I don't want to smash windows out on the first day though:homer:

I like the idea and want to be in. Late October will be out for us, youngest getting married. But by all means don't change the dates for me.

Another thought I had was instead of 5 or 6 parks why not narrow it down to 3, close together. One day at rmr is not nearly enough, same at smorr. Plus that will lop off some road miles.

And for sxs, they won't work at rmr. So if they're in they need to know that places they can get in.

I'm in the big tire low hp technical crawling crowd. I'm not going to break my shit trying to climb a mud hill. I'll watch and laugh at you, but I'm out on that shit.

We'd haul to each park, my junk is no where remotely roadable.

It will be early October. Yeah spending 2 days might be a better idea. It would be nice to camp out and catch up on sleep at least every other day. Some locations don’t really have 2 days worth of wheeling though. Sxs wont work at Clayton either but Im not catering to their kind. :flipoff2:

If Flat Nasty was out last stop what is one stop you would like to do before that?

:laughing:
Well I'm not that worried about body damage or i wouldn't be building a fullsize:flipoff2:
I don't want to smash windows out on the first day though:homer:

That is what packing tape is for.

If work don’t get me I’m down. With enough lead time I’ll figure something out. Thanks KungFooMASTA for tagging me:beer: Tuttle or one of the Missouri parks, maybe even Disney are probably the ones I can get away for

It will be early October. Yeah spending 2 days might be a better idea. It would be nice to camp out and catch up on sleep at least every other day. Some locations don’t really have 2 days worth of wheeling though. Sxs wont work at Clayton either but Im not catering to their kind. :flipoff2:

If Flat Nasty was out last stop what is one stop you would like to do before that?
You know I'm a big fan of rmr but I've been there, so something else might be fun. I'm not a fan of Disney, but don't skip on it if everyone else wants to go there. Smorr would be good for two days, same at rmr. I've never been to flat nasty. What's it like?

Top Back Refresh