What's new

I want something unique.

Ran accross this while researching the stock master cyl.

"I am not a big fan of step bore master cylinders because they are more difficult to bleed because of the internal bypass valve and if the bypass valve goes out the brakes will feel spongy with a lot of pedal travel."

That is how mine is acting, but I also went from Disk/Drum to now Disk/Disk. Im guessing the rear calipers require more fluid than the old drum brakes, therefore the issue I am having.

I wouldn't be afraid of decent lift springs. Not just rough country but a place actually aimed at more travel, letter ride, ect.

Or get some trail gear, all pro or sky's Toyota rear leafs. They have nice arch, but are soft and flex well. Would work well spua. They're designed for a similar weight truck or suv, if they're too stiff you have the option to remove leaves.

Repositioned the steering box this weekend, it seems to drive a bit better.

PIcking up some used old school 15x10s alum wheels with 33" BFG ATs this week that should get me going rather than riding on 235s.

Will likely grab a Jeep 231 t case from the junkyard this weekend and start playing with making the hybrid setup.

Screenshot_20230412_055042_Samsung Internet.jpg

Found these on Craigslist. 33x12.50. Will work for now, better than 235s.

Too lazy to read and see if I already gave you shit for this but unless you transplanted the reinforcement from the S15 you're gonna bend the bed with that tire carrier :flipoff2:

Too lazy to read and see if I already gave you shit for this but unless you transplanted the reinforcement from the S15 you're gonna bend the bed with that tire carrier :flipoff2:
Thats my next project. It tolerated the 235....a 33" probably not so much.

Its off a 2 Door blazer. The reinforcements were not able to be gotten due to design, so Ill make something

I like it man! personally I'd keep eye's peeled for a set of the zr2 flares but not sure if you like the look of them.

Added a crossmember to the front to tie the front shackle mounts together. Drives a little better it seems.

I will use that crossmember to add a little more bracing to the winch mount, as I feel it can use a little more than it has.

So far, I am really liking it.

Needs more HP, so that is my next thought process with it.

20230505_181547.jpg

Junkyard grab today. Not sure if I need just the front output shaft or the whole rear case, will find out.

So far, I am really liking it.

Needs more HP, so that is my next thought process with it.
As in just re gear and be happy with it or lots more power? Sbc 350 won't be too bad to install on the s10:dustin:

Found more some time to dick with this thing.

Pulled a 231J out at the junkyard some time ago. Tore it down and put the front output shaft into the 231C Fri. Reinstalled that and it seems good to go. Shifts in great/smooth.

Need to notch the transmission crossmemeber to make room for the driveshaft and move the exhaust a little for the same reasoning.
20230721_180430.jpg

The old Chevy output does not accept a standard style output.

It wasn't made to have a driveshaft move persay so the yoke is only held in with a hog ring and it's coarse spline.

16900656920751598179980445950739.jpg

Top Back Refresh