What's new

I want something unique.

Trashman

Trainwreck
Member Number
I have my 94 Chevy S10 project going now. I am looking for ways to build it a bit more, out of the box.

First up, suspension.

SAS? Sure but its been done.

There is a company making a Dana 30 center/IFS setup for ZR2 packages. Kinda neat, but at $1700 for a empty housing...I dunno.

Are 1 ton Chevy front centers worth a shit?

The plan is too run 35s-37s. Maybe with fabricated control arms? May as well go for a Spidertrax housing at that point I guess...

Unimog portals? I cant find any decent regular axles close so finding those are gonna be a bitch.

Playing with ideas today.

e5tywerfwefefefefef.jpg

I think he used the whole front frame out of an exploder, said it lined up pretty well.

Hell yes. '84 Bronco II's build thread is a good source of tech for the smaller D30 based TTB if you'd actually consider that.

Hell yes. '84 Bronco II's build thread is a good source of tech for the smaller D30 based TTB if you'd actually consider that.
Interested, but my search doesnt bring up that name here. Is it in the old place? Link?

turbocharger parts from tycoon/syclone

ttb front as suggested

give them ranger shitheads a run for their money :smokin:
I have only seen a few Typhoons in my life.

I would imagine the parts are pretty freakin rare, or spendy.

Seems like there is an aftermarket for GM 9.5s due to the Diesel pulling crowd.

Seems a TTB/8.8 may be a decent combo. A little on the light side.

I woulnt mind tons, but dont want the width, and tons are nothing "new".

Last edited:
Does anyone have any detailed pics/specs of Walker Evans old full bodied looking IFS crawler before it was reconfigured?

The one shown is swapped back to Solid Axle

I always loved his truck. I had my first one at that time.

9794593.jpg

Trashthread for Trashman:flipoff2:

ETA: Techy stuff for the TTB starts around midway through post 4. He swapped in an exploder D35 ttb with some long arms.
some basic tech in this one as well. Im doing a dirt cheap TTB F150 right now, its slow, but Im part way through a cut and turn on a set of D44 beams.

Who was the dude on the old site that built the 4W independent suspension U4 buggy using all GM 1 ton stuff?

I think it was spidr. Budget ifs/irs or something like that.

I think it was spidr. Budget ifs/irs or something like that.
Not him. This dude lived in Colorado or something like that and worked for Eaton. He raced 4500? previous to building the 4400 car and it was the lowest race Jeep I had ever seen. For the life of me I can't remember his name though..... :homer:

I don't know that IFS is really that unique these days either. It is nice as you can make most of it yourself if you have the capacity for it. Downsides are expensive halfshaft bits really add up and you need to go wide to get decent travel numbers.

The builds I find unique are builds that are a well thought out complete package. Instead of focusing on how one part of the build can make it unique, focus on the complete build and how it will function in the end. It might just have a SAS, but perhaps its a well thought out low CG SAS with a complimentary rear suspension, frame and skid setup and all the details that make a great trail rig.

I like the IFS idea. Maybe something like long travel arms with that center section would make for a unique s10. Long travel itself isn’t unique but a center section ifs on a s10 with a low CG similar to a U4 car would be unique. But like Ghetto Fab. said, it’s the little details that make your rig unique

Top Back Refresh