What's new

I quit drinking

9 months. Still not missing it.
Awesome, congratulations man!

I'll be at two months Thursday. Definitely feeling better last few weeks. Was going thru period where I was feeling like I was missing out or depriving myself. Way better recently and realizing how much I was missing out on by drinking or being hungover.

Awesome, congratulations man!

I'll be at two months Thursday. Definitely feeling better last few weeks. Was going thru period where I was feeling like I was missing out or depriving myself. Way better recently and realizing how much I was missing out on by drinking or being hungover.
You're crushing it! The deprived feeling is very temporary. You're seeing benefits from not being benched and hungover, and I'm sure your liver is loving it too

On day 3 over here.

Hit my first meeting Monday. I started another thread to keep myself accountable. Couple of the guys there told me to check out this one. I’ve seen it over the years and purposely avoided it.

I’ve read through probably 40 pages so far. It’s nice to see other people going/have gone through it and coming out the other side. Honestly the whole thing scares the shit out of me for some reason, even though I know it’s a good thing.

Another meeting tonight.

On day 3 over here.

Hit my first meeting Monday. I started another thread to keep myself accountable. Couple of the guys there told me to check out this one. I’ve seen it over the years and purposely avoided it.

I’ve read through probably 40 pages so far. It’s nice to see other people going/have gone through it and coming out the other side. Honestly the whole thing scares the shit out of me for some reason, even though I know it’s a good thing.

Another meeting tonight.
KYZuk -
Nothing to be scared of - actually just the opposite!

It is so nice driving home after an outing without one eye glued to the rearview mirror and paranoid about every set of lights that pulls up behind you at night on the way home.

KYZuk -
Nothing to be scared of - actually just the opposite!

It is so nice driving home after an outing without one eye glued to the rearview mirror and paranoid about every set of lights that pulls up behind you at night on the way home.

No kidding. I used to be terrified of the drive home (not enough to not drive of course.)

Now, fuck it. Worse they're going to do is give me a ticket. I've had one speeding ticket now in almost 16 years. It's amazing how many cops will let you go 30+ over when they find out you're straight as the day you were born.

40+ over and you still get a ticket though :flipoff2:

No kidding. I used to be terrified of the drive home (not enough to not drive of course.)

Now, fuck it. Worse they're going to do is give me a ticket. I've had one speeding ticket now in almost 16 years. It's amazing how many cops will let you go 30+ over when they find out you're straight as the day you were born.

40+ over and you still get a ticket though :flipoff2:
So fucking true

Not to mention all the stupid shit you have to process the next morning -
did I flirt too much with so and so's daughter/girlfriend/wife/sister
did I really say that, or did I just think it
the list goes on....you have nothing to be scared of when sober

Top Back Refresh