What's new

I may be taking on a new project...

Awesome! Thanks man!

No problem. I forgot to add that they didn't have the color I wanted for my Bronco so they let me mail a piece with the color on it and they matched it perfectly. If they don't list yours give them a call.The prices were very reasonable too.

Okay... drove Limey Bastid home today. Had to rebuild the carb, r&r'd the steering column with the parts truck so I can shift from the column again, took the trans linkage off the parts truck too... worked out pretty well. Also had to fiddle with the distributor too, vac advance wasn't working right so it got a tear down and new point's/ condenser. Brakes are actually in fair shape for being drums that sat for a long time, though I am sure when I start digging through it the slaves will all be replaced. Looks like a fairly new master in it and the booster is good... sooooooo, new thread coming soon. :flipoff2:

Excellent:smokin:

Btw, I always recommend a new mechanical fuel pump when resurrecting something, I've lost a good engine to a brittle fuel pump diaphragm...

Excellent:smokin:

Btw, I always recommend a new mechanical fuel pump when resurrecting something, I've lost a good engine to a brittle fuel pump diaphragm...

Lost? As in a fire? :laughing: I thought about that when I fired it up... seems pretty solid thus far.

Probably filled the crankcase with gasoline.

This...
It can happen really fast, you check the pull when you get it. Then you screw around for a week getting it running, then it spins a rod in the maiden voyage. I learned that the hard way

This...
It can happen really fast, you check the pull when you get it. Then you screw around for a week getting it running, then it spins a rod in the maiden voyage. I learned that the hard way

Noted. I'm dropping the oil first thing and will pull the pump and check it. The thing sat I know for 5 years , so it'll be peace of mind... I'm going to check compression on it and do a partial rebuild clean up pull intake, heads and pushrods out and whatnot. Replace gaskets, seals if it's good. Will prolly just pull the whole drive train and spruce it all up

Also been compiling parts like fenders, inner and outer's for the front... thing is gonna take a good amount of body work to get right. ALSO... looking for a straight workable bed or bedsides if any one has a line on some.

Thanks man... this thing is rough. I am taking a butt load of pics to document the thing. With all the snow this last week, it's buried in the yard. :laughing: Got lots to strip from this thing... will be doing a compression check over the weekend and assessing the engine/ trans/ axles first. Wanna see how much it's gonna cost me to make it mechanically sound. Have a line on a clean bed to work with too...

Anyone know what the stock wheels on a 74 F100 are? I am thinking 7 x 15? I have a set of 8x15 white spokers to work with, but am aiming at some originality here. :grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh