What's new

I Gave Up on JKO - How Bow Choo?

ExWrench

Random Dude
CAL4
Member Number
Loc
East Bay, CA
First, I can't thank Austin enough for giving us an alternative to PBB (and JKO) :beer:
- takes the sting outta' VS buttfucking both forums despite concerns of the members.
If not for a viable, familiar alternative, I believe many of us would be sick with anger.

I just posted this on JKO, because the "new" JKO is foreign and loathsome to me.
Well, I believe I gave it enough of a chance, but I'm calling bullshit: this chick has a dong.
It was semi-tolerable-ish (only 50% fucked) 'til they did the same "upgrade" bullshit to PBB.

The way I see it, I didn't leave JKO - Pirate and JKO were taken away despite the members.
Not happy about hanging it up here, definitely not gloating, and I wish all of you the best.

For anyone with Pirate4x4 caliber of sensibilities (thick skin), I'll be on irate4x4.com.
For anyone who's easily offended - at all - be honest, just stay right here (please).

May still post here, but making no promises because the JKO I joined got murdered.
TL/DR: the changes to JKO and PBB made me . . . irate. Fuck this noise - I'm out.
So . . . who else has zero appetite for the newly-minted "tranny JKO"? :laughing:

I haven't given it up on JKO completely yet, but as time goes on that will probably change. To me the interface change from the software overall didn't bother me, it was the overall feel of the site and the way the new admins were treating members. I know there are people complaining about the advertising, but for myself I don't experience that due to the way I setup my browser.

So I'm here now hoping this great experiment will work out in the end 😎

I’m kinda busy with Wifey’s new Gladiator right now but check JKO occasionally. Still have my 07 4 door and LJ. JKOwners definitely sucks now as do a lot of the old Jeep forums.

Yeah , I'm more or less done there . Over the last month or so I probably only stopped in about 1/4 as often .
It's so Fn Facebook , one hit wonders , no one can find search , little ****y , needy bitches ......My god I'm ranting ... damn .

I tried to be accepting of the upgrade. I put on my welding shield and gave it a chance. I helped others see the good. It still sucks.
None of my critiques are opinion driven just observations.

- Regardless what Cricket n' Jeff say, there are missing posts and content.
- Search no longer returns relevant results. It's a struggle to find content.
- Navigating JKO now means being knee-deep in spam at any given time.
- The UI has a lot of negative space and navigational struggles that require added clicks n' mousing
- Throttle errors pop up when trying to edit posts or report posts
- Content (posts and entire threads) seems to be out of sync. I assume there is some back end synchronization between instances that gets lagged

I've provided both online and offline feedback on how to manage the spam and of course, it was ignored. I provided some helpful hints about good UI design and again, was ignored. I am a developer by trade and manage an organization of developers, so I know how to pull down my pants before going poop.

JKO's absentee mods are exactly that. Whatever.

When I access JKO, I'm met with active topics that are the same 5 vendors updating the same 5 threads over and over, followed by bots that dredge up ancient threads with vague pigeon-english replies that suck in less-experienced members' replies. Those threads then get thread-humped to fucking death by the post-padding knuckleheads that feel post count has some sort of meaning.

Anyway. My Jeep is just 🏳️‍🌈 bolt-ons so I have nothing cool to contribute, but I'm happy to be here anyway. Thanks Austin.
I would like to contribute to an open-source JKU cage that includes bends and cut sheets, so please don't vote me off the island yet.

snout - I think you went above & beyond to try to help the hapless Canooks unfuck JKO.

Hell, my feedback to them amounted to "don't fucking lock threads" and "GTFO of Chit Chat" :laughing:

Also, your take on the changes was objective and fair (at least as compared to my take).

The content & vitality were waning, but they nailed the fuck outta' the coffin lid IMO.

Glad to see you made it here. :beer:
If you need a reference, I can confirm that you're enough of an asshole for this place :flipoff2:

Well, here I am. I saw the posts on JKO mentioning this place. As little as I am likely to post, let's see what we can make of it.
:p

Amazing how a forum can be gutted so quickly. I am not a fan of the "give it a chance you will like it" attitude.

I am not a fan of the "give it a chance you will like it" attitude.

Hey, I gave it a chance (within the limits of my patience, which may not be ideal).

Never been an altar boy, but I think I know when someone's fixin' to fawk me.

When a doctor puts 1 hand on each of your shoulders, the prostate exam is OVER :laughing:

This is the kind of valuable information I needed YESTERDAY.
Sorry about your o-ring :frown:

My doc only ever puts one hand on my shoulder....................the other is usually hold a ether soaked rag for some reason. Nice guy though.
Dr. Slippyfist does have a gentle bedside manner :cookie:

SIDE NOTE: I feel bad about starting a ~chit chat thread in a Tech subforum, but this seemed the most appropriate place.
It's just nice having a JK subforum that's not an offsite bastard stepchild like it was on VSBB.
All the Jeep bullshit may get crammed together, In which case this should probably go to Shat.

If a mod wants to move this, no worries - do what ya' gotta' do.
To that mod: please pardon my noob mistake . . . noob :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I'll hang out until ev'ry other fuckin' post becomes some bullshit sayin' to "search the forum" like on JKO.

Sad to see the culprit is already on here tho.

I'll hang out until ev'ry other fuckin' post becomes some bullshit sayin' to "search the forum" like on JKO.

Sad to see the culprit is already on here tho.

Ah, it's good to see you here too. I have to say, it wouldn't be the same without your passive aggressive comments.

I tagged along for shits and grins I stayed off JKO because the new layout did not work for me to many clicks to see what I wanted to see. I am too old for people to make that many changes to shit at once and expect me to keep up

Not sure I’ll ever be able to offer much here but I’ve grown fond of you fellas.

don’t get mad, you left the trail of crumbs.

Good to see you.
I think you point out the pink elephant in the room that others want clarified.
I think it was SLOWPOKE693 that asked somewhere else if the Jeep section should be split hardcore vs. softcore.
There's probably a lot of JKO guys here that want to post bolt on and discuss bolt on mods without shitting the place up. I know I do. I've got an 60hr a week job and two crotch droppings to yell at. I'm lucky if I can even find time to pleasure myself let alone bolt shit to my Jeep.

... I have to say, it wouldn't be the same without your passive aggressive comments.

Dammit man ... I sure as fuck had no intentions of comin' across as bein' passive.

DO NOT contaminate this forum like you have JKO. It ain't your place to tell ev'ry swingin' dick to go search somethin'. All day ... ev'ry day. That shit really gets old.

And good luck with your supercharger. Reminds me of a sayin' my grand-daddy was fond of:

A fella can put a racin' saddle on a donkey ... but ya still gotta donkey.

Dammit man ... I sure as fuck had no intentions of comin' across as bein' passive.

DO NOT contaminate this forum like you have JKO. It ain't your place to tell ev'ry swingin' dick to go search somethin'. All day ... ev'ry day. That shit really gets old.

And good luck with your supercharger. Reminds me of a sayin' my grand-daddy was fond of:

The real irony is the search function over there doesnt work anymore/worth a shit. What you got against donkeys?

I had an account over there, but I felt like it crashed long time before pirate. It just didn’t have the right feel. A few years back I logged on and it only gave me the mobile site and I just said F it. Haven’t been back since.

I had an account over there, but I felt like it crashed long time before pirate. It just didn’t have the right feel. A few years back I logged on and it only gave me the mobile site and I just said F it. Haven’t been back since.

It being a site for one specific model of Jeep was a death sentence at birth. When I joined it had somewhat of a Pirate vibe, but there were a ton of folks on it. The past couple years it became a ghost town. Every update just made it worse.

I'm really looking forward to see this place take off.

Nothing to offer, I’m in for the witty banter and occasional tech inspiration that I’ll never be able to implement.

Actually if you're familiar with Pirate, you would already know they're harsh on people asking a question that has already been answered. And I really don't care if you like my style of helping people, which is to actually teach them to fend for themselves and ask specific questions about their issue rather then asking the same question that has been asked a multitude of times. You should know the saying "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

As for the supercharger, not everyone has the money to have a Jeep with a V8 engine due to the expense. Besides, it's not a race car, it's a Jeep so the supercharger will work for me just fine. And to respond to your grand-daddy's quote, "If all you have is a donkey to work with, it make no sense wishing it's a race horse when you put a saddle on it.". :flipoff2:

51ZLjAAiFtL._AC_.jpg

Not a thang sir. Had 2 for pets one time.

But they ain't race horses.

Not as familiar as you are with either but my limited experience is donkeys are smarter than horses and harder working. My junk is not beating Lance Armstrong in a race going downhill but it will take me anywhere I want to go. If I want to go fast I hop in the crv which feels like a racecar compared to the JK.:smokin:

Only ever ridden a donkey without a saddle and it also bit me but then again so did the last horse I rode.:rolleyes:

Well, the world has gone to shit for sure since I am here now.

It being a site for one specific model of Jeep was a death sentence at birth. When I joined it had somewhat of a Pirate vibe, but there were a ton of folks on it. The past couple years it became a ghost town. Every update just made it worse.

I'm really looking forward to see this place take off.

This. I have yet to see a model specific site survive with any kind of vibrance to it. JKO was doomed from the start, and was started by Lance when he bought a JK, that I doubt he even owns anymore. Once he sold out PBB and JKO, it was only a matter of minutes before they both went to shit.

Yep followed the crumbs in gt1guy blue jeep build on JKO and happy I did. I can also scratch my itch for other Jeep models here much more so than on the JKO sub forums.

Top Back Refresh