What's new

"I feel like..."

Roc Doc

2A SNBI
Member Number
Loc
Way out West.
Been noticing for a while, that past year of so that this is a new opening phrase for people, "I feel like,", then followed by something drama or snarky. Not as bad as the teenage girl "I was like...", or "Like it was so...". But damn it's annoying, of course you "feel" like that, you said it you fucking dolt. Is this an offshoot of everyone having a public voice now and working under the misconception that others GAF aboot your opinion?

I know, I know, get off my lawn.
I know, I know, nobody G'sAF.
I know, I know, I feel like I should not GAF

Been noticing for a while, that past year of so that this is a new opening phrase for people, "I feel like,", then followed by something drama or snarky. Not as bad as the teenage girl "I was like...", or "Like it was so...". But damn it's annoying, of course you "feel" like that, you said it you fucking dolt. Is this an offshoot of everyone having a public voice now and working under the misconception that others GAF aboot your opinion?

Yes. You are correct, nobody GAF about your opinion:flipoff2:

But yea its seems to be more common in the super connected people, live on social media 24/7 vs those with jobs and family.

Like has been one of those abused words, for the last 20 years or so

Longer than that. I first noticed it when my older sister came back from college for the summer after her first year in the early 80's. Like this, it's like that, etc. It's a poor attempt at not sounding confrontational or all knowing, when it is usually both.

You speaking about talking heads on TV, social media, xxxx, what?
I certainly haven't noticed people speaking like that to me in person. This forum is the only "social media" I have, and I certainly haven't noticed any of you fuckers talk like that.

You speaking about talking heads on TV, social media, xxxx, what?
I certainly haven't noticed people speaking like that to me in person. This forum is the only "social media" I have, and I certainly haven't noticed any of you fuckers talk like that.

You may have not noticed it yet, but now that I've brought it up you'll hear it everywhere, (you're welcome), mostly in conversation or social media, but those bubble-headed bleach-blondes that do the morning news will be using it in no time I'm sure.

Edit; It was used in the Suez thread. But I'm not going to out the user 'cause I like that user, and he probably didn't even realize he was using the phrase.

Last edited:
Longer than that. I first noticed it when my older sister came back from college for the summer after her first year in the early 80's. Like this, it's like that, etc. It's a poor attempt at not sounding confrontational or all knowing, when it is usually both.

Yea, 30 years easy and this is in an area that is way behind the times.

Jr. High 1987- :girls: "So like, we're totally going to see Poison in Shreveport saturday night. Like Amanda's mom is taking us. I swear to God, like if Bret Micheals even looks at me like I will DIE. Like TOTALLY DIE. I've like wanted to meet him since like forever."

Yea, 30 years easy and this is in an area that is way behind the times.

Jr. High 1987- :girls: "So like, we're totally going to see Poison in Shreveport saturday night. Like Amanda's mom is taking us. I swear to God, like if Bret Micheals even looks at me like I will DIE. Like TOTALLY DIE. I've like wanted to meet him since like forever."

Well you can't really blame her, he is dreamy, in an ultimate no talent kind of way. Maybe it's the bandana.

Beginning a statement that way is simply a way to say something that could possibly trigger someone.

"I feel" is similar to "in my opinion" in that it allows the speaker a bit of a 'shield' against potential backlash for what is about to be said.

"You can't be mad, that just how 'I feel' about it..." in today's society of "acceptance & tolerance" (as if), feelings are protected and shit.

i feel i need to preface the random bullshit i spout with that so that people don't accuse me of "where's your source!??!?!?!" nonsense as a distraction. so, i'm like, totally posting some literal opinion shit

I feel like :flipoff2: it's a result of therapy.

Wife and I went to lunch at a burger joint and the parents were trying to rationalize with children. I was thinking, wtf, and she pointed out that it was a therapist technique.

"Its make me feel" and such phrases are ways to express your emotions without being aggressive. So I'm told.

Fuck if I know, I havent even stayed at a holiday inn.

Lets see for the past year the MSM has been pushing people to be afraid, to live in fear, focusing on "feeling"... it's no wonder people are talking about "feeling."

When my daughter lived at home she would say "You don't even know" after just about every dramatic statement. I would think to myself, just because your mother and I haven't shared all the drugged up, drunken, dysfunctional debauchery we did when we were your age doesn't mean we don't even know. My smirk in response never went over well.

I listen to some NPR-type science podcasts, and "I feel like" and the fake stutter are both methods of appearing non-threatening that they use constantly.

I had a teacher back in gradeschool tell us to never begin a statement with "I think...", because it's redundant.

Top Back Refresh