What's new

'I can't breathe': Man dies after pleading with officer during Minneapolis arrest

Paragon

Member #42 if by Bus
Member Number
Loc
Jackson, MS USA
"Please, please, please I can’t breathe," the man begs. "My stomach hurts. My neck hurts. Please, please. I can’t breathe."

Onlookers outside the Minneapolis deli urge the officer to get off the man.

"You’re stopping his breathing right now, you think that’s cool?" one man says. "His nose is bleeding, look at his nose!" says a woman.

The officer doesn't budge.

Andthen the man goes silent. More people begin to intervene and call for the officer or his partner to check for a pulse. The officer remains on the man's neck, even as he lay apparently unresponsive, for a total of about eight minutes before paramedics arrive and the man is placed on a stretcher.

A statement from the Minneapolis Police Department released early Tuesday said the officers had responded to a report of a forgery in progress and found the suspect in his car. He stepped out of the car when he was ordered to, police said, but then physically resisted officers.

"Officers were able to get the suspect into handcuffs and noted he appeared to be suffering medical distress," the statement said. "Officers called for an ambulance. He was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center by ambulance where he died a short time later."

that's what I told my daughter when she mentioned the story

This country has been resembling a "police state" for far to long now.... just a matter of time until the wrong incident sets a blaze this tinderbox. I am all for civility, to a point. Tree of liberty and all that.

This country has been resembling a "police state" for far to long now.... just a matter of time until the wrong incident sets a blaze this tinderbox. I am all for civility, to a point. Tree of liberty and all that.

My first thought was Gestapo. Had that been you or I we would be in jail charged with murder.

Hard to say from the video, did he die from the cop suffocating him or something else? If he just got done fighting four cops, then that changes the story., seeing only part of the video can be misleading. I guess we will see.

Hard to say from the video, did he die from the cop suffocating him or something else? If he just got done fighting four cops, then that changes the story., seeing only part of the video can be misleading. I guess we will see.

Looked to me like the skinny dude was kneeling on his neck with all his weight. Regardless of whatever other complications there are, casually applying that kind of pressure while the person speaks their last words--yep, if it were one of us normies, we'd be in jail, awaiting a short trial. To that point, the other gang members would probably be arrested for accessory.

ya that short clip still seemed odd tho

why not cuff him and put him away? the dude seemed like he was tired and not resisting anymore

They fired the 4 cops right out of the gate. I'm doubting body cam of the whole thing is going to help their case

Looked to me like the skinny dude was kneeling on his neck with all his weight. Regardless of whatever other complications there are, casually applying that kind of pressure while the person speaks their last words--yep, if it were one of us normies, we'd be in jail, awaiting a short trial. To that point, the other gang members would probably be arrested for accessory.

1. I think nealing on the neck is standard procedure for restraining someone.
2. People claim all sorts of shit when they are going to jail.
3. If the cops were fired without a proper investigation, that's BS but MSP is the land of libtards.

I'd like to see the full unedited video and get cause of death before passing judgment on this one. Remember black lives matters was a lie created by the media to forward an agenda and this could be another example of the same.

3. If the cops were fired without a proper investigation, that's BS but MSP is the land of libtards.

I'd like to see the full unedited video and get cause of death before passing judgment on this one. Remember black lives matters was a lie created by the media to forward an agenda and this could be another example of the same.

1 - well, that's a shitty practice. don't mind at all if this sparks a change to it. sucks that being in your car is acceptable grounds to order you out and heavily influence your death
2 - yup
3 - if they were wrongly fired, they will just be rehired with back pay cuz #ThinBlueLine

and yes, BLM is a farce

Dudes cuffed and you have 4 cops, no reason to sit there with your knee on his neck with people videoing it. Load the fucker up and go, you can beat the crap out of him in private later at the jail.

It's OK though, they will get hired by some other dept and continue to be dumbass's.

First youre a fucking bitch. "Tree of liberty and all that" huh? Then why the fuck havent you got off the fucking porch already? Your rights have been trampled since the beginning of march and you aint done shit. So stop acting like you a badass or something.

As for your as long as they go home bullshit, fuck you again!. That was straight up homocide. Fat guy was cuffed, there was no reason for that guy to be on his neck. For that matter unless its a life or death situation there is never a reason to be on someones throat. That wasnt life or death, that wasnt even resisting anymore. That was a scrawny punk ass bitch cop trying to show the big dude whos boss. That cop and the three that stood there all need fucking charged. Theyre a disgrace and youre still a bitch.

First youre a fucking bitch. "Tree of liberty and all that" huh? Then why the fuck havent you got off the fucking porch already? Your rights have been trampled since the beginning of march and you aint done shit. So stop acting like you a badass or something.

As for your as long as they go home bullshit, fuck you again!. That was straight up homocide. Fat guy was cuffed, there was no reason for that guy to be on his neck. For that matter unless its a life or death situation there is never a reason to be on someones throat. That wasnt life or death, that wasnt even resisting anymore. That was a scrawny punk ass bitch cop trying to show the big dude whos boss. That cop and the three that stood there all need fucking charged. Theyre a disgrace and youre still a bitch.

I agree with you. All cops are bitches (just kidding)

Bullshit. When the threat stops the force stops. Ive been in a shit ton of scuffles trying to cuff someone and Ive never had to crush someones throat. There is never a need especially after theyre cuffed and lying on the ground. At worst he could have used body weight on his torso.

Way to miss the sarcasm on the as long as they go home safe at night. Had you never been in GCC on PBB before? That is a common phrase used by police unions to justify their officers murdering people. Where the fuck have you been for the last 10 years? :flipoff2:

As for the rest of your post you are correct and agreeing with Flecker. It just he has probably typed that out 20 times in the last few years. At some point you throw in sarcasm that a neddle dick will miss. Guess he found his mark. :flipoff2:

Very hard to watch for sure

I don't give two shits about BLM. I don't care about the race of the suspect /victim. I only care that the police are totally willing to murder someone. Again and again, obviously. My point was that regardless of what the full video shows, this is murder. As stuck said, once the threat stops, the force stops. For a regular citizen, there wouldn't even be a question - - they would have been in jail that day, awaiting the day they move to prison.

Way to miss the sarcasm on the as long as they go home safe at night. Had you never been in GCC on PBB before? That is a common phrase used by police unions to justify their officers murdering people. Where the fuck have you been for the last 10 years? :flipoff2:

As for the rest of your post you are correct and agreeing with Flecker. It just he has probably typed that out 20 times in the last few years. At some point you throw in sarcasm that a neddle dick will miss. Guess he found his mark. :flipoff2:

Never in GCC or PBB? Read my name and the description below it, then pull your head out of your ass and think about it.
I understand he was being a sarcastic dick thats why I said what I did. I also understand the "as long as tbey go home at night". Its a bullshit excuse for shitty behaviour. Its also a bullshit statement used by retards that have cop issues.

Never in GCC or PBB? Read my name and the description below it, then pull your head out of your ass and think about it.
I understand he was being a sarcastic dick thats why I said what I did. I also understand the "as long as tbey go home at night". Its a bullshit excuse for shitty behaviour. Its also a bullshit statement used by retards that have cop issues.

Cop issues?

like depression? dog shooting? no knock citizen killing? little man syndrome? again, I kid, I kid

....Its also a bullshit statement used by retards that have cop issues.

Not sure if you recall the PBB post about training nowadays is fundamentally flawed??

>If a cop starts acting like a asswipe, he'll get away with it....and lose the trust of citizens... And asswipe cop still have a job/benefits/pension.

>Now... If Joe Public pulled a similar stunt, Joe P would be branded a criminal & that stain will follow him in a bad way for the longest time.

Do you like going home every night? :flipoff2:

more photos from various twitter accounts at the link

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...sihTCEwC9Xk9RA

Police station surrounded, vandalized as rioting breaks out at Minneapolis that mayor encouraged people to attend

MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA- Massive riots have broken out in Minneapolis, and we’re learning that the police station is surrounded by protestors.

Battle scenes outside the third precinct in Minneapolis as crowds protesting the murder of #GeorgeFloyd defend themselves against armed riot police firing tear gas canisters

Screen-Shot-2020-05-26-at-9.00.58-PM-1536x762.png

well I saw the beginning of a 10 minute video.. I got to frustrated and didnt watch all of it... I've been seeing people posting personal info about the officer who actually used his knee.. they got his addresses on facebook, and says who some of his family is.. one of the other 4 officers was his brother in law or something.. I saw some protests viewed from above, didnt really pay attention to where they were, etc.. but I think they need to show up to one of his houses and protest there.. I'd make a shaky video myself of that.. hahaha

I've been friends with many officers, many relatives have been on the force.. etc.. but I have also had several officers hate me with a passion who would take cheap (punch) shots.. so I have a love/hate problem with officers..

Top Back Refresh