What's new

I beg GM to import this

Poopyface

Member Number
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/gms-newest-pickup-costs-9000

Chinese made but fuck it I'd find it very useful for the shit I do around here.

Tried to copy and paste but failed.

photo54024.jpg

For 10k that would be handy as fuck, if they made a sprinter/transit version and made them cheap they could kill the local delivery market.

This isn't a GM problem, it's a government problem. No way that meets emissions and crash/safety requirements.

Crumple zones/safety standards biggest hurtle for manufacturing? I honestly don't know.

If they made a electric version that would take out emissions, tpms/ backup camera/airbag is a nothing burger, they should have parts that would fit easily. Granted even if they upped the cost to 15-20 im sure they would still sell well with anyone doing urban deliveries and as 'work' vehicles at large campuses. I'm still surprised at how long it took ford to come out with an electric transit.

Crumple zones/safety standards biggest hurtle for manufacturing? I honestly don't know.

If they made a electric version that would take out emissions, tpms/ backup camera/airbag is a nothing burger, they should have parts that would fit easily. Granted even if they upped the cost to 15-20 im sure they would still sell well with anyone doing urban deliveries and as 'work' vehicles at large campuses. I'm still surprised at how long it took ford to come out with an electric transit.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/laws-regulations/fmvss

For 10k that would be handy as fuck, if they made a sprinter/transit version and made them cheap they could kill the local delivery market.

$10k price tag is why you'll never see them here. Why would they want to compete against their own $40k+ trucks that are already selling just fine?

$10k price tag is why you'll never see them here. Why would they want to compete against their own $40k+ trucks that are already selling just fine?

Because someone that spends $10k on that isn't going to pick that over a $40k truck. That thing would be useless at my house. But for a company probably very useful. They are also not boying $40k trucks.

Because someone that spends $10k on that isn't going to pick that over a $40k truck. That thing would be useless at my house. But for a company probably very useful. They are also not boying $40k trucks.

A stripped down bare bones Chevy work truck is $37.5k.

Yes. Pickup trucks are moribund and are a boomer's dream of a 1956 stepside. I am personally sick of shitty tinfoil pickup trucks where 50% of the volume occupied by the vehicle is nothing but volume. Shitty body-on-frame construciton when a modular monocoque approachs hould have been adopted in the 1980s. Not to mention the rusting, noodle sheetmetal frames, terrible cargo access, terrible multi-functionality...

Pickup trucks fucking suck period and it's long past time to change. The Tesla is only like 2 new ideas applied to them.

It's fucking stupid that a measly 7.5kw generator is a $10,000 option on an F150. American trucks are useless, fragile, expensive, complex, finnicky, and old-fashioned pieces of shit. Anyone paying for a brand-new pickup is a fool. There I said it. A fool. PIece of shit.

Yes. Pickup trucks are moribund and are a boomer's dream of a 1956 stepside. I am personally sick of shitty tinfoil pickup trucks where 50% of the volume occupied by the vehicle is nothing but volume. Shitty body-on-frame construciton when a modular monocoque approachs hould have been adopted in the 1980s. Not to mention the rusting, noodle sheetmetal frames, terrible cargo access, terrible multi-functionality...

Pickup trucks fucking suck period and it's long past time to change. The Tesla is only like 2 new ideas applied to them.

It's fucking stupid that a measly 7.5kw generator is a $10,000 option on an F150. American trucks are useless, fragile, expensive, complex, finnicky, and old-fashioned pieces of shit. Anyone paying for a brand-new pickup is a fool. There I said it. A fool. PIece of shit.

giz-worthy :flipoff2:

You left out all the Wuhan CCP Covid ranting and then the first people to boast they would buy a Chinese truck. Seriously. Suck on an infected Wuhan bat :laughing:

I blame the government not GM.

that thing ain't got no TPMS, backup camera, air bags, emissions equipment or crumple zones.
unless they do something like the roxor, but you know GM isn't going to mess with a niche market.

This, the government and pansies have ruined vehicles.

Kei trucks already exist, this isnt a new market for the states.

They may be able to skirt some of the safety requirements if they sold it as a commercial vehicle, but unsure what the requirements are to meet the commercial market.

By the time it got here it'd be 25k starting, and they'd make the option packages in such a way that it's 35k before its the way anyone wants it. Then nobody would buy it because it's "too small" or doesn't have enough power etc and costs as much as a more capable truck. American small trucks (S10/ old Ranger) died because we didn't want them when a 1/2 ton only cost a couple grand more.

Let the hate flow!

I have a body on frame truck and it's got coil springs all the way around, and was available with air springs, so it rides like a sedan with a 6' trunk. It's got 4wd and a LSD in the rear, and I've never been stuck in sand or snow, and I can operate it with a button in heavy rain to increase stability. It's quiet even at 80mph, handles way better than a 6000lb pig on 275/60-20 tires should, it's averaged over 24mpg in the last 140,000 miles. It's got an Alpine sound system that was only a $300 option that sounds really good, it's not loud by aftermarket standards, but that's OK, I've goe enough hearing damage. An awesome 8.4" (now a 12" version is available), GPS screen with bluetooth to two phones. I've slept in the back seat, the front seats are heated and cooled, it carried 4 adults and all our luggage and booze for a 4 day trip to Baja. I've only replaced a cruise control switch and an o-ring on the water pump housing as far as repairs go. It gets it's oil changed every 10k, the fuel filter every 30k and new tires every 50k.

Oh, and my employer paid for it. :flipoff2::flipoff2::usa::flipoff2:

By the time it got here it'd be 25k starting, and they'd make the option packages in such a way that it's 35k before its the way anyone wants it. Then nobody would buy it because it's "too small" or doesn't have enough power etc and costs as much as a more capable truck. American small trucks (S10/ old Ranger) died because we didn't want them when a 1/2 ton only cost a couple grand more.

They need to cost substantially less. If I could have a truly bare bones $20k truck out the door, no infotainment/digital dash/bullshit. Give me an FM/Bluetooth 2 speaker stereo, manual trans, power windows/locks, manual bench seat, and AC would be nice but not needed, 4 cylinder 2.0l NA engine, RWD...that's it for options. I'd love to have a truck on hand for running to the store for materials or when I want something I don't give a fuck about to go somewhere rough rather than taking the Porsche or Lexus.

I blame the government not GM.

that thing ain't got no TPMS, backup camera, air bags, emissions equipment or crumple zones.
unless they do something like the roxor, but you know GM isn't going to mess with a niche market.

SEMA rule, there is certainly a low volume MFG market for these kinds of things and then you can avoid most of the NHTSA requirements

Let the hate flow!

I have a body on frame truck and it's got coil springs all the way around, and was available with air springs, so it rides like a sedan with a 6' trunk. It's got 4wd and a LSD in the rear, and I've never been stuck in sand or snow, and I can operate it with a button in heavy rain to increase stability. It's quiet even at 80mph, handles way better than a 6000lb pig on 275/60-20 tires should, it's averaged over 24mpg in the last 140,000 miles. It's got an Alpine sound system that was only a $300 option that sounds really good, it's not loud by aftermarket standards, but that's OK, I've goe enough hearing damage. An awesome 8.4" (now a 12" version is available), GPS screen with bluetooth to two phones. I've slept in the back seat, the front seats are heated and cooled, it carried 4 adults and all our luggage and booze for a 4 day trip to Baja. I've only replaced a cruise control switch and an o-ring on the water pump housing as far as repairs go. It gets it's oil changed every 10k, the fuel filter every 30k and new tires every 50k.

Oh, and my employer paid for it. :flipoff2::flipoff2::usa::flipoff2:

I have a body on rusty frame truck with torsion bars and broken leaf springs so it rides like a dump truck with a 8 ft bed. It'a got a manual shifter style 4wd and who knows what the fuck it has in the back axle, probably nothing. Its so damn loud that my deaf ears hurt when driving at 65 and the shudders and shakes like 4.8 earthquake all while getting 12 mpg. The radio is broke, speakers missing, door skin long gone, and seat with a deep hole at the ass that could double as a toilet. It has the old school full bench seat that is like a mini bed and has a cup holder in the dash that is home to a mouse nest. It gets oil changed once every 7 years or whenever I feel like it and that's about it.

Oh and I paid for it. :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh