I.B.B. Ultimate Trail Adventure 24

Clb

another toyota from P.R.K
Member Number
Loc
First 50 club
Clb added a new event:

I.B.B. Ultimate Trail Adventure 24

This is going to be on the same dates every year so you outta state guys can plan this one out.
18 Aug.

This year we are doing the Dusy-Ershim trail in Fresno county.

This is a 30+ mile trail thru wilderness designated terrain.
You need a well sorted rig with 2 lockers and driving chops.:flipoff2:

Once the cast of characters is put together we can modify the exact dates to fit the groups needs...

Read more about this event...

Good Secured storage yard a few miles off the route close to shaver.
Address: Harmon RV storage 32352 Auberry Rd, Auberry, CA 93602

Phone: (559) 855-2125

This is the good hotel we were recommended after the trail.

the host club

Repeaters
146.820 - 141.3 ke6jt shaver
146.790 - 100 k6jsi meadow lake (win syst)

Last edited:
saved

For You guys that have ran this trail, please drop in anything that you think is a must see thats not directly on the trail.
We will be camping for 2 nights at Thompson, Ershim and somewhere around whitebark vista, so we can hit the road for home early.:beer:

Last edited:
saved

For You guys that have ran this trail, please drop in anything that you think is a must see thats not directly on the trail.
We will be camping for 2 nights at Thompson, Ershim and somewhere around whitebark vista, so we can hit the road for home early.:beer:
I ran it in 2016. I’d say make sure your rig is well sorted. I thought the rubicon has more off shoot optional obstacles and this has more tree dodging but one thing for sure is maintenance. Make sure your rig is maintained, have spares, and be well sorted. 30+ miles of dodging trees and the small nuisance rocks will tire you and your rig out, it’s more of a marathon.

When I ran it I had a buddy who broke the 3 bolts mounting the steering box to the unibody (ZJ.) One of the ears broke off so it would only hold 2 bolts. We had some spares. He kept breaking one every mile or two. Eventually we ran out of bolts. At this point we decided to send myself and another friend to go get a new box. Where we were it would have taken 2 days to get back to them. Once we left we ran into the only other people on the trail and they had spare hardware. It saved us 2 days worth of time. The remoteness to any parts store or cell service makes this trail a tough one if you break.

EDITED THIS 26 Mar

Thanx and +1 on that. Rig prep is a biggie for this run guys.
We ran the trail in 22 with I think 6 rigs...
No stranger to towing a dead cj thru the trail, Thompson lake out the top to Kaiser.
Looking for must see stuff.
We literally towed every day without sightseeing.

Last edited:
August can be tricky in Dusy. This year the trail didn't open until the Friday before Labor Day.

Also make sure your rigs are in absolute tip-top condition and are road-worthy. Dusy can go from fun to shitty when you have to tow a broken rig 34 miles.

Top Back Refresh