What's new

I.B.B. ULTIMATE TRAIL ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this is gonna happen I think end of June would be our best bet or mid September.

First trail would be at barret only one way in/out. Rubicon start is really close to this also.

Second trail will be rubicon starting at the loon lake spillway and roll all the way to buck island for large party camping. Then head out of Cadillac. Maybe spend a night in Southlake tahoe?

Third and final trail will be Fordyce start at meadow lake aka wh5 all the way to eagle lakes. I think the downhill will help with a large crew and keep our rides together. Highway 89 is the quickest way from rubicon to Fordyce.

I'm open to other peoples suggestions and we'll have a good time!

Jimbo

#3 as it seems to have the least amount of goals other than run trails and have a good time.
ok gents
lets you 2 come together on a route so we can decide ?
Sluggy
Dirtyjed

Ok
So far we have 6 votes out of 12 on routes...
Route # 3 =3

Route # 1 then 3 =2 Eta (04/17 is out due to mcr)

Route # 3 then 1=1
Route # 4 =2

Anyone else gotta vote?

I'm gonna edit this later on a puter...:beer:

Sluggy Dirtyjed MigGunslinger richardskinner 2big bronco Bmxbry9 crazybluerider Jeffh555 RunningProblem Beat95yj Etyler2 FordFascist Pyleit

I do realize this is months out yet, and its tough to nail things down that far out.

Should I just post the event dates and leave the route off till we nail it down or hold off listing it altogether?
I doubt there are many others likely to show up until the last minute:grinpimp:

What say you?
CB
Right now the 2 most popular routes are #3=3 and #4=2

#3 has 3 votes with Chris (route 3) riding Jimbo (route 4)
So...we await the cage match on this one to make the winner route clear:beer:

So far gregj50 and myself are marked as going on the event thread...
just a tick over a month out now.
who's still in?

That makes it barrett,con,dice.
We can go with whatever the majority wants.

If all/any of those 12 guys show we have a party.

I figured to take an in person vote on 18 Aug, if all esle fails.
Day count to be determined by the group...:beer:

Crawler 2023​

Welcome to the Rubicon Trail Foundation's Marlin Crawler Round-Up​

Honoring Marlin's Legacy!

August 18-20, 2023

Rubicon Springs, California

That kills doing route # 3 with stragglers coming out caddy, although it may impact loon a little.
unless the group chimes in otherwise, lets say
Barrett , Con, Dyce

Barret will be a good way to let the dust settle on the rubicon. Sunday we camp at Ellis?

there or 200 yds up to the left side of the tee at top of the bowl towards postpile , wherever we get to, less skeeters there

I’m just gunna sit over here and live vicariously through all yall. Freaking bucket list wheeling trip right there, wish I had a capable rig so I could join ya.

May the boulders beneath yalls tires be grippy

:beer:

Wife decided to have an engagement party for my daughter and future SIL (8-19), at our fuggin house!!!!
:homer::homer::homer:

So far the crew is largely choosing Barrett ,Con, Dyce, in this order. Start date 08/18.2023
However if Barrett is still not open (highlanders is shooting for mid Aug.) due to wet conditions dictated by others, then we will spend more time doing day runs on the con and Fordyce .
If you are in, go sign up on the event page so I can easily keep track and get you my Ph # Please...:beer:
Next thing on the list is rendezvous points on the way to Fresh pond where we can drop tow pigs.
So far its mostly all street able rigs, with 2 guys with both, but the 6 are street legal so far.
If we get any buggy guys joining in we will deal with shuttling drivers to trailers.

So far the crew is largely choosing Barrett ,Con, Dyce, in this order. Start date 08/18.2023
However if Barrett is still not open (highlanders is shooting for mid Aug.) due to wet conditions dictated by others, then we will spend more time doing day runs on the con and Fordyce .
If you are in, go sign up on the event page so I can easily keep track and get you my Ph # Please...:beer:
Next thing on the list is rendezvous points on the way to Fresh pond where we can drop tow pigs.
So far its mostly all street able rigs, with 2 guys with both, but the 6 are street legal so far.
If we get any buggy guys joining in we will deal with shuttling drivers to trailers.

Ill have plenty of room in the bronco and dont mind shuttling people around. With that said, in a buggy, from the springs, its faster to wheel back to loon then it is driving out Cadillac to tahoma and driving all the way back around only to head back to tahoe.

Ok for the guys interested...
I am asking everyone to hit the going list on the event thread and check in there as I am hoping to consolidate the convo over there for the participants.
I have 3 pm threads and 2 thread for the run to track :crybaby2:
So throw me a bone:flipoff2:

Y'all who chimed in
thank you and check your pm box

Ok for the guys interested...
I am asking everyone to hit the going list on the event thread and check in there as I am hoping to consolidate the convo over there for the participants.
I have 3 pm threads and 2 thread for the run to track :crybaby2:
So throw me a bone:flipoff2:

Y'all who chimed in
thank you and check your pm box
So where is the thread thay shows the actual plan? Im pretty confused myself with infl floating everywhere

This is the plan

First trail would be at barret only one way in/out. Rubicon start is really close to this also.

Second trail will be rubicon starting at the loon lake spillway and roll all the way to buck island for large party camping. Then head out of Cadillac. Maybe spend a night in Southlake tahoe?

Third and final trail will be Fordyce start at meadow lake aka wh5 all the way to eagle lakes. I think the downhill will help with a large crew and keep our rides together. Highway 89 is the quickest way from rubicon to Fordyce.

I'm open to other peoples suggestions and we'll have a good time!

Jimbo
2big bronco

Eta
Most likely meeting @freshpond to fuel up

I am going to delete this one soon so it's easier to fing the event...
Take your notes quickly
:beer:

Last edited:
Fresh pond is a good place to meet.

I was there last weekend, there is some kind of construction fence and heavy equipment working on the sled slope / dog park area but still plenty of room to meet up.

Locked for now, see event thread here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Back Refresh