What's new

Hydroxchlorquine - solution or not?

rockota

white collar hillbilly
Member Number
Seems odd that it's been so politicized... noticed that FB has taken down references to a video about a Dr. claiming she has had 0 deaths, 100% cure rate with the drug.

So what's really going on?

Dr's claiming it works are FOS? Paid off by the Pharma company who makes it? Or are the Dr's correct and someone else is preventing it from being widely used?

https://www.facebook.com/vernon.kenn...TI0NTk5NzI4OQ/

Yes... there's an article claiming she's a wack-job already.

What he said

98B7768F-1BA5-4D41-B160-53ED09DD3B7E.jpeg

661F80C9-8367-4055-BB83-AAE7CD43A02D.jpeg

All I know is we have quite a bit of it from when my wife was going through her Lyme disease treatment. Wouldn't hesitate to use it if it came down to it.

Trump touted it, therefore it's bad. If everything has been treated like the media treated it, it's more like SUPER ULTRA fake news.

The issue I have is that it has to be taken early on to be effective, prior to you developing severe respiratory problems. This complicates being able to determine it's effectivity.

99% of people who get COVID (or thereabouts, we can only extrapolate based on it appearing that there is 10X more cases than reported because so many are so mild) will not actually develop severe respiratory problems, therefore you're going to need to do a much larger trial size to know if it's accomplishing anything as your entire sample likely would not have developed severe complications without any medical intervention.

That's just based on my skimming of the info.

Now the media censorship side of this is a real issue.

Heres the other sides viewpoint. I dunno what to believe on this one. I think it warrants studying more. but I dont think the 100% effective claim is real. any doctor saying something is 100% effective turns me off right away by default.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...006719488.html

I'm also dubious of the 100% claim. But I'm also starting to believe that facts will never be out in this instance... meaning, we're in a new religion w/ Covid.

If Hy...(spelling) is somewhat effective - say 50% - that would technically be more effective than the flu vaccine, so why not try it? Why is it soooooo politicized?

Remember the report someone posted from Italy where none of the many people taking it regularly as part of treatment for lupus died? No because it's not part of the ridicule Trump agenda.

I'm also dubious of the 100% claim. But I'm also starting to believe that facts will never be out in this instance... meaning, we're in a new religion w/ Covid.

If Hy...(spelling) is somewhat effective - say 50% - that would technically be more effective than the flu vaccine, so why not try it? Why is it soooooo politicized?

lets all agree to just call it HydroClorox.

There is nothing that isn't politicized at this point. Masks, gloves, ventilators, medicine. Hell blood is gona be a political thing next. Just wait.

I do agree the facts around treatment are hard to come by. Frankly it reeks of a pys-op's campaign in its effectiveness to sow disbelief in experts of any kind.

If I get a bad case of the china flu and my doctors by majority want to do XYZ i'm not going to refuse. But I sure as shit ain't going to be taking one doctors opinion on treatment like this.

Heres the other sides viewpoint. I dunno what to believe on this one. I think it warrants studying more. but I dont think the 100% effective claim is real. any doctor saying something is 100% effective turns me off right away by default.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...006719488.html

When you compare the studies in this link to the claim in the Ted Cruz post above, it seems they are arguing two different points while both claiming victory over the other.

Ted Cruz post says HCQ is effective if given "Early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control".

The debunking link says studies show HCQ is ineffective when tested on ICU patients.

They could both be true? Maybe HCQ has positive results if given early enough, but doesn't help once the illness has progressed?

In any case, that lady Dr. from the video does appear to be a complete whack job based on some of her other beliefs.

There are 2 problems with the drug that can't be overcome.

1. There is no money in it. It's an old drug and it's cheap

2. Trump supported it.

IIRC Trump mentioned Remdesevir in the same speech and it hasn't received 1/1000 of the hate HCQ has received.

When you compare the studies in this link to the claim in the Ted Cruz post above, it seems they are arguing two different points while both claiming victory over the other.

Ted Cruz post says HCQ is effective if given "Early in the course of illness, before the virus has had time to multiply beyond control".

The debunking link says studies show HCQ is ineffective when tested on ICU patients.

They could both be true? Maybe HCQ has positive results if given early enough, but doesn't help once the illness has progressed?

In any case, that lady Dr. from the video does appear to be a complete whack job based on some of her other beliefs.

I concede these are valid points.

There are 2 problems with the drug that can't be overcome.

1. There is no money in it. It's an old drug and it's cheap

2. Trump supported it.

IIRC Trump mentioned Remdesevir in the same speech and it hasn't received 1/1000 of the hate HCQ has received.

Remdesevir doesn't have grumpy's "problem #1" - it's new enough that Big Pharma won't discourage its use.

Pricing

On 29 June 2020, Gilead announced that it had set the price of remdesivir at US$390 per vial for the governments of developed countries, including the United States, and US$520 for US private health insurance companies.[SUP][67][/SUP] The expected course of treatment is six vials over five days for a total cost of US$2,340.[SUP][67][/SUP] Being a repurposed drug, the minimum production cost for remdesivir is estimated at US$0.93 per day of treatment.[SUP][68][/SUP]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remdesivir

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8487315/50-fewer-COVID-19-patients-died-treated-hydroxychloroquine.html

Can hydroxychloroquine work after all? Coronavirus patients treated early with the drug touted by Trump were 50% less likely to die, study finds
  • More than 2,500 coronavirus patients were recruited to a Henry Ford Health System study of hydroxychloroquine
  • Those who got the drug were 50% less likely to die of COVID-19
  • Patients in the study were younger, more racially diverse and treated 'earlier' in their hospital stays than patients in previous trials
  • Some critics say the study is flawed, because it excluded patients with heart problems, but others say giving the drug to them would be 'irresponsible'

After repeated failures in previous research, a new study suggests hydroxychloroquine can improve survival odds for some coronavirus patients.

Hospitalized coronavirus patients given hydroxychloroquine were 50 percent less likely to die of the brutal infection than those who did not receive the drug in a Henry Ford Health System study of 2,541 people.

It comes after several large-scale studies found no benefit to the malaria drug, touted by Trump, which prompted the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to revoke its emergency use authorization for the drug. ....

Seems odd that it's been so politicized... noticed that FB has taken down references to a video about a Dr. claiming she has had 0 deaths, 100% cure rate with the drug.

So what's really going on?

Dr's claiming it works are FOS? Paid off by the Pharma company who makes it? Or are the Dr's correct and someone else is preventing it from being widely used?

https://www.facebook.com/vernon.kenn...TI0NTk5NzI4OQ/

Yes... there's an article claiming she's a wack-job already.

This is the Dr. you mentioned in your first post? https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/0...ovid-19-video/

I too read in the US case studies, where the patients administered the treatment for the study were also within a day of admission to the ICU; had poor results. Other studies where treatment is given before 'complications' (severe symptoms) had appeared had a 91% recovery rate in 10 days. https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...77893920302179

Its not a treatment or cure, but the science behind regulating the immune system from overreacting to a disease is still sound. Or at least it should be.

Can't put any dissenting opinions on FB or Twitter...they both banned the video with their bullshit fact checkers. I tend to believe a doctor with real world experience more than a bunch of talking heads. That doctor also happened to be black, so I guess we can now be the ones who throw around the racist term. Trump said it might work, therefore the media has to rail against it and ignore any other testimony. The more people die, the more they can politicize this thing and blame the president, even though the state governors are largely in charge of the policy in their own states.

Can't put any dissenting opinions on FB or Twitter...they both banned the video with their bullshit fact checkers. I tend to believe a doctor with real world experience more than a bunch of talking heads. That doctor also happened to be black, so I guess we can now be the ones who throw around the racist term. Trump said it might work, therefore the media has to rail against it and ignore any other testimony. The more people die, the more they can politicize this thing and blame the president, even though the state governors are largely in charge of the policy in their own states.

what about the thousands of other doctors on the other side of the argument?

Top Back Refresh