What's new

Hydroxchlorquine - solution or not?

All the social media outlets are censoring the videos.

they are private businesses. isn't it their right to refuse whatever they want?

why arn't the newspapers running the story? why is social media the only place this bullshit is thriving in? Ohh right. big pharma.

Don't know how accurate this is.

2]

I think that mortality rate of the Shitholes in green tell you exactly how accurate that graph is. Spoiler: It's not accurate.

they are private businesses. isn't it their right to refuse whatever they want?

why arn't the newspapers running the story? why is social media the only place this bullshit is thriving in? Ohh right. big pharma.

Not sure if it’s big pharma...

but I do find it interesting that so few people here trust the government and then trust the government on COVID.

FDA removed hyroxycut from approval list for use with Covid, if what I read is correct, which means that doc’s and patients aren’t allowed to try it... because government...

drop the orange man stuff for a minute.

you got 10-15 docs on one side saying this stuff works 100% of the time.

and thousands on the other side.

what are you going to believe?

What you believe are the trials of HQC and the back-data of it. There is a lot of good data out there.

HQC is not shown to be an effective treatment.

It doesn't matter that 100,000 doctors say it's 100% effective.
It doesn't matter than the media and Lefties hate it.
It doesn't matter if Italy is using it.

ALL THAT MATTERS is whether HQC shows itself to have an effect in data. It does not show this.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...oxychloroquine

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...event-covid-19

etc.

The problem with all of this is that these are eliminative trials: they only show that HCQ is not effective in their trials. So the question becomes:

When does the absence of evidence constitute evidence of absence?

So the question is, when do we decide that HCQ is not effective based on the absence of evidence that it is?

For me, that's two months ago. HCQ may be able to calm down the 'cytokine storm' or in other ways keep the immune system from over-reacting. Really, that's where we should be going with this. Keep the immune system from over-reacting while also allowing it to fight the virus.

In a way, we are in the position of trying to use the Wisconsin Protocol for rabies (which is unproven).

https://www.jwatch.org/fw20070420000...rotocol-failed

Not sure if it’s big pharma...

but I do find it interesting that so few people here trust the government and then trust the government on COVID.

FDA removed hyroxycut from approval list for use with Covid, if what I read is correct, which means that doc’s and patients aren’t allowed to try it... because government...

sorry if i dont believe every moron who gets on facebook live with a lab coat on. I'll take my medical treatments in peer reviewed study's with a basic level of scientific method. because science.

Not a solution most likely a powder or granular substance.

Cut that shit with cocaine and I'll try it. :flipoff2: Your video has been censored off of every platform BTW. I fucking hate that shit. What happened to my free country? Mother fucking travesty.

Hey I went ahead and skipped to the last post. Anyone mention that it's not supposed to be a treatment, that it is supposed to be taken before or very soon after first signs of infection? There are a couple of studies taking place now. Like malaria, would you wait until you had it to take HCQ? No, that's now how it's supposed to work. HCQ has been taken this way for 70 years all over the world. Billions of doses. The counter guy at the auto parts took it when he was an Army medic for fuck's sake.

Cut that shit with cocaine and I'll try it. :flipoff2: Your video has been censored off of every platform BTW. I fucking hate that shit. What happened to my free country? Mother fucking travesty.

What was left of our free country died with the patriot act.

Stupid that government buearocrats are interfearing with drug trials because orange man bad. The fact this, or any drug, is being suppressed and there is zero discussion of improving overall health is stupid. Science has been thrown out the window.

Hey I went ahead and skipped to the last post. Anyone mention that it's not supposed to be a treatment, that it is supposed to be taken before or very soon after first signs of infection? There are a couple of studies taking place now. Like malaria, would you wait until you had it to take HCQ? No, that's now how it's supposed to work. HCQ has been taken this way for 70 years all over the world. Billions of doses. The counter guy at the auto parts took it when he was an Army medic for fuck's sake.

Yea but a few people with heart problems died so some failed lawyer governors with no medical background banned it because think of the children. :homer:

Heres the other sides viewpoint. I dunno what to believe on this one. I think it warrants studying more. but I dont think the 100% effective claim is real. any doctor saying something is 100% effective turns me off right away by default.

Would 97% be better for you?

if so, the disease has a 97% survival rate as is. it isn't wholly unlikely that, if this provides even some general benefit, that this particular Dr could have an overall 100% covid survival rate. though with enough time that is unlikely to remain true

drop the orange man stuff for a minute.

you got 10-15 docs on one side saying this stuff works 100% of the time.

and thousands on the other side.

what are you going to believe?

what is the other side saying?

they aren't saying "it works 0% of the time" and, really very few of the one side are saying 100%, though they do generate the media hits.

There are a massive amount saying "well, we don't know" but hell, they are trying all kinds of shit based on "don't know". if it works for some folks and they have low risk factors for complication due to drug interaction or other disease, why is there such a massive campaign to be totally dismissive of it?

You literally just described Selection Bias.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

Ok, this is why we don't let you run the CDC or clinical trials.

well, during these 'rona times, the CDC basically dropped a shitton of clinical trial hurdles on hold and has been slashing red tape.

there was a period where the CDC authorized or allowed hydroxycut in the real world and it seems like it came back as a mixed bag before ultimately being nixxed again. why? i dunno, they didn't nix vents despite admitting to killing people through malpractice :rasta:

The fact that Evernoob and 2 fucking trolls hiding their old usernames are ridiculing it is a recommendation for it as far as I'm concerned. Here's a link Google actually brought up that is interesting.
https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2020/03/31/gov-whitmer-reverses-course-on-coronavirus-drugs-is-now-asking-feds-for-hydroxychloroquine-and-chloroquine

• Gov. Whitmer reverses course on coronavirus drugs, is now asking feds for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine
Posted By Lee DeVito on Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 4:08 PM

• David Shao, Shutterstock

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer drew fire from some on the right after the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) sent a letter last week threatening "administrative action" against doctors who prescribed two experimental drugs that could potentially help coronavirus patients.

The Whitmer administration has since removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs, Bridge magazine reports. The Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency authorization for the antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate on Saturday.
Related Gov. Whitmer says she sees 'great potential' with coronovirus drug hydroxychloroquine; Detroit is now leading the nation's first large-scale study

Conservatives, including Charlie Kirk and Rudy Giuliani, accused Whitmer of risking lives to oppose President Donald Trump. In recent weeks, Whitmer and Trump have been sparring on national television over federal aid for Michigan, while Trump has touted the drugs' potential in treating COVID-19.

But apparently, Michigan's "ban" on the drugs to treat coronavirus patients was all just a matter of miscommunication.

Days after LARA issued its first letter, The Detroit News published an op-ed that criticized the Whitmer administration’s prohibition of the drugs.

"Not only is our state’s top leader threatening the selfless health care workers who are on the frontline trying to save lives, but she’s denying possible life-saving medications to actual COVID-19 victims,” the op-ed said.

Some readers criticized the paper for irresponsibly advocating for untested drugs.

But Detroit News editor and publisher Gary Miles defended the column on Monday, pointing out that it revealed a miscommunication between the State Senate and the governor.

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, a Clarklake Republican, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent [chloroquine] from becoming the next toilet paper," he told Miles. "I quickly requested of her staff that they put something out, and somehow in the translation it was prohibiting use of these drugs — and that wasn't the intent."

A close read of LARA's original March 24 letter confirms the intent to make sure the drugs were being saved for non-coronavirus patients.

"Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage for patients with lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or other ailments for which chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are proven
treatments," the letter reads. "... Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19."

Shirkey told Miles he "was grateful for your article ... because it was the first thing that alerted me that it was screwed up."

On Monday, Whitmer said in a press conference that the state wants to be "nimble" and is always updating its policies.

"We want to ensure that doctors have the ability to prescribe these medicines," she said. "We also want to make sure that the people who have prescriptions that predated COVID-19 have access to the medication they need. And so all of the work that we’ve done is trying to strike that balance."

In its approval letter, the FDA wrote that "ased on the totality of scientific evidence available to FDA, it is reasonable to believe that chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate may be effective in treating COVID-19."

"When used under the conditions described in this authorization, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate when used to treat COVID-19 outweigh the known and potential risks of such products," FDA Chief Scientist Denise M. Hinton wrote in the approval letter.

Whitmer also issued an executive order relaxing medical laws so personnel from out of state could help the state's overloaded hospitals treat coronavirus patients. The executive order also offers doctors additional protections for medical errors.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hit...g-feds-for-hydroxychloroquine-and-chloroquine
https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hit...g-feds-for-hydroxychloroquine-and-chloroquine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8487315/50-fewer-COVID-19-patients-died-treated-hydroxychloroquine.html

Can hydroxychloroquine work after all? Coronavirus patients treated early with the drug touted by Trump were 50% less likely to die, study finds
  • More than 2,500 coronavirus patients were recruited to a Henry Ford Health System study of hydroxychloroquine
  • Those who got the drug were 50% less likely to die of COVID-19
  • Patients in the study were younger, more racially diverse and treated 'earlier' in their hospital stays than patients in previous trials
  • Some critics say the study is flawed, because it excluded patients with heart problems, but others say giving the drug to them would be 'irresponsible'

After repeated failures in previous research, a new study suggests hydroxychloroquine can improve survival odds for some coronavirus patients.

Hospitalized coronavirus patients given hydroxychloroquine were 50 percent less likely to die of the brutal infection than those who did not receive the drug in a Henry Ford Health System study of 2,541 people.

It comes after several large-scale studies found no benefit to the malaria drug, touted by Trump, which prompted the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to revoke its emergency use authorization for the drug. ....

The Democrats would rather kill you than admit Trump was right. In Stalin’s footsteps.

The Democrats would rather kill you than admit Trump was right. In Stalin’s footsteps.

the STUPID thing is that it isn't even like it is something that trump knew about previously. :laughing: it was pitched along with a bunch of other stuff very early on just as some sort of "oh hey, this is an example of words that prove the feds are 'doing something' about the chinese virus"

so clearly, somebody with enough merit and standing to reach the idea table at a white house briefing thought it might be valid based on some previous covid-tendencies. but trump mentioned it, so it's clearly racist death :laughing:

Not that it means anything seems like everyone has chosen sides, I work with smaller independent doctors on a daily basis. Pretty much universally they have endorsed it, one basically described it as a cheap virtually no downside medicine. They usually preface it with 'with what we know at this time' or some such PC opener. These are generally older doctor that have their own practice and have nothing to lose endorsing drugs, I dont think it will bring you back from the brink but it seems to help if you take it early enough.

Has anyone looked at the deaths to to the rona in countries that take this for malaria? I haven’t studied it, but isn’t Africa way down on the death list? You know it is politicized because they claim it will kill people if they take it yet it is prescribed for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. My MIL has been on it for 4 years. A lot of people have. I guarandamntee it is more effective than wearing underwear masks on your head. All kinds of dumbasses do that.

The fact that Evernoob and 2 fucking trolls hiding their old usernames are ridiculing it is a recommendation for it as far as I'm concerned. Here's a link Google actually brought up that is interesting.
https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits/archives/2020/03/31/gov-whitmer-reverses-course-on-coronavirus-drugs-is-now-asking-feds-for-hydroxychloroquine-and-chloroquine

That's the exact kind of thinking that doesn't belong in a lab or making health decisions.

Your contention is that Grinchen Hitmer, whom you undoubtedly hate, now asking for HCQ is a reason to use it. That kind of Boomer retard mentality is the entire problem with the conservative movement.

What, you think that because Whitmer is covering her bases, that means it MUST be real? The goddamned story is from MARCH for fuck's sake, well before we had loads of studies indicating it doesn't do shit.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck, but it's not a solution.

science isn't politics you Pantifa retard. Oh wait, you're a 'conservative'.

Top Back Refresh