What's new

Hydro assist

Cowboy63b

Rusty garbage hoarder.
Member Number
Loc
Deep East Texas
I have questions about. more specifically, the pumps. My J20 has an engine swap (5.2 magnum from a Grand Cherokee) and I'm using the GC pump, steering gear, lines, blah blah blah. Would the stock style pump have enough flow/volume if I add a resi for hydro assist. The jeep is currently on 37's with a 05+SD60 up front.

I'm a complete newb when it comes to this tech. so, FLAME ON!

Yep. Your max lock to lock speed will decrease a bit just because you're asking for more volume, but you can counter that by putting a smaller pulley from PSC on which will overdrive the pump and bring speed back.

Yep. Your max lock to lock speed will decrease a bit just because you're asking for more volume, but you can counter that by putting a smaller pulley from PSC on which will overdrive the pump and bring speed back.
I know you've seen my J20 on the book of faces. I should mention the pump, box, and lines are stock ZJ.

Yeah I think you should be plenty good. ZJ's use TC style pumps which are pretty common. There are bigger options, but most people with modern jeeps running a basic assist setup are running a TC. The smaller pulley does help keep the max steering speed near stock, but you can even run it with a completely stock pump to get a feel for it and see if you want more I did a deep dive learning the ins and outs of everything steering here on IBB months back, I can grab ya some links if you want to nerd out on steering a bit.

Yeah I think you should be plenty good. ZJ's use TC style pumps which are pretty common. There are bigger options, but most people with modern jeeps running a basic assist setup are running a TC. The smaller pulley does help keep the max steering speed near stock, but you can even run it with a completely stock pump to get a feel for it and see if you want more I did a deep dive learning the ins and outs of everything steering here on IBB months back, I can grab ya some links if you want to nerd out on steering a bit.
Absolutely. I have looked around and really didn't see an answer to my question, originally, so here we are.

Top Back Refresh