What's new

Hydraulic knockout punch driver

chumly2071

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
IL
Likely a dumb question...

I have several Greenlee punches in actual hole sizes (not conduit size, in this case). Greenlee, and some import hyd kits use 3/4-16 threads. Other kits (which I have) use M20-1.5 threaded rams/draw studs. Is there an easy way to use the metric driver with the 3/4-16 punches? I didn't know if anyone made some sort of "conversion" draw stud. This isn't an issue with my dimple dies, but the punches are a different story.

Worse comes to worse, I might be able to take an M-20 bolt, cut the head off, and have the shank end threaded 3/4-16. I just wanted to see if anything already existed before I start getting custom.

Thanks-

Likely a dumb question...

Worse comes to worse, I might be able to take an M-20 bolt, cut the head off, and have the shank end threaded 3/4-16. I just wanted to see if anything already existed before I start getting custom.

Thanks-
Not dumb, but honestly this would be the best thing to do.

Hell, order a bolt and send it to any one of us with a lathe and I am sure somebody would be able to thread the end to 3/4-16.

I have a Harbor freight knockout puller and it and the Swag dies I have are all 3/4-16. I didn't realize that the M20 stuff was even out there.

Have a retired machinist friend with fantastic home shop that is going to hook me up on threading a couple M20 bolts.

The hydraulic rams having metric vs standard threads wasn't something I even considered when I got my setup, Wish I had known.

ETA:
Temco Industrial has punches and draw studs available in both metric and standard thread, punches in actual hole and conduit sizes, as well as replacement draw studs in several flavors. Good selection of dimple dies as well. Imported, but seem to be good quality and good to go as far as transactions so far. Pretty good pricing for those in need.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh