What's new

hunting, fishing, trappin, killin, and grilling 2020

Nice. Been wanting to do a spring bear hunt for awhile,now, it’s on the list. I turkey hunted but got busy after opening week so didn’t tag out.

Caught my first largemouth and warmouth last Friday, I primarily fish the salt but have been trying to figure out the freshwater thing to get my 2 year old on some fish.

photo900.jpg

photo901.jpg

Nice bear. What rifle, make and caliber?

Thanks! First one, I've looked at an awful lot of em with a tag in my pocket, but this is the first one I've shot.
Remington 710 30-06 that dad gave me for my 16th birthday. I often think about buying a new rifle, and actually have a nice model 70 in the safe...but I seem to reach for this one everytime anyway. It's got some rust from hard use, the first magazine broke 2 years ago on a moose hunt, and the factory bushnell 3-9x40 finally fogged a couple years ago. It's accounted for a lot of deer over the years, and a cougar last season, now this bear. Damn thing just keeps going bang and stuff keeps falling over.

Nice. Been wanting to do a spring bear hunt for awhile,now, it’s on the list. I turkey hunted but got busy after opening week so didn’t tag out.

Caught my first largemouth and warmouth last Friday, I primarily fish the salt but have been trying to figure out the freshwater thing to get my 2 year old on some fish.

Deadly! I've never turkey hunted, they just opened the season up here, and they're schedule C. Kill em whenever and however in accordance with local bylaws. The only flock is suburban, so I'm pretty sure that a salmon landing net is the appropriate tool.

Deadly! I've never turkey hunted, they just opened the season up here, and they're schedule C. Kill em whenever and however in accordance with local bylaws. The only flock is suburban, so I'm pretty sure that a salmon landing net is the appropriate tool.

People kill them with bows here. You’ve either got to hit them in the neck or pin them to the ground for the most part though. And don’t shoot one in full strut, it’s all feathers.

I'll have a few tuna pictures to contribute once we get going. Just waiting on them to show up. I know Squamsh from back in the mtb days. Also knock down quite a few Sitka blacktails every year. Nothing yet though

No turkeys this year, but this was last year's:

1dsAV9t.jpg

That's with Great Great(?) Grandad's Remington Model 31.

I'll have a few tuna pictures to contribute once we get going. Just waiting on them to show up. I know Squamsh from back in the mtb days. Also knock down quite a few Sitka blacktails every year. Nothing yet though

You're from sooke and your brother is a coasty. Long time no talk buddy, how ya been??

I've been good. Yeah u got that all correct. Super busy getting the Tuna boat ready for another 3 or 4 months of bloodbath. Nice spring bear you got there. I haven't been out with the rifle yet but thet are definitely pretty thick out here. Thats a pretty sweet video. I always liked seeing your posts over on pirate. Maybe I'll have to take a few more pictures on my charrlotte trip this year. Last year we knocked over 12 in a week. Was lots of fun

Thats what I call dinner. Looks like a fun day

Tacos Tacos Tacos Hahahahahaha it’s nice to finally have the harbors open again! I won’t pay for fish since I can catch it myself. I’ve been craven tacos for a while and now I don’t want anymore for a minute.

Smoked some ribs from a wild boar today, turned out better than I expected in terms of toughness. Previous experience with wild game ribs hasn’t been good. Basically did them just like my normal rib recipe, but wrapped them at 3 hours instead of 4. Didn’t take any pics unfortunately.

Lost count of the number of ducks we shot this winter. It was an all day event, just breasting out, cleaning and packaging this day.......

IMG_5159.jpg

how big? More about the gun.

Hog was around 290 lbs, gun is a winchester model 94 golden spike 30-30.

We were out drinking beer and shooting coyotes and squirrels and this big prick of a pig hops up out of a bush so we take off after him, cut around the hill he was cresting, I broad sided him with the 30-30 from about 30 yards and he rolled down into a ditch that we had to drag him out by hand until the truck could reach him.

Woke up this morning in a back country cabin and saw these nested up in a corner. It was a run and gun style hunt, didn't even have time to get out of my sleeping bag at first.
20200530_081713.jpg

It was actually November, 2019 - but I'll forever be proud of this guy. I shot him from roughly 3 yards while sitting on a stool behind some brush where I had cut a small murder hole in about 2 hours before. I rattled him in and shot him through the heart.
Rifle hunted CO, tagged out the 1st evening and then got to fish and artifact hunt the rest of the time. We spotted the herd of elk and then ran/hiked to cut them off over about a mile and a half. I ended up shooting him at 50 yards - I had been practicing for 300+!
This turkey season was unreal - we hunted 2nd season and had gotten 8" of snow the day before. It was 32º when we went out that morning and husband and I doubled up within 15 minutes of each other. We hunted 4th season and it was 60º and we doubled up at the same time, which came as a surprise as the 2nd tom had not made a chirp that entire morning and he ran up behind the 1st as I was leveling my gun at him. Husband had to drop his phone (he was recording) so we could kill them.
We went out on the lake last Sunday and got into the crappie spawn, had an phenomenal day of fishing. We caught over 50 fish and just had a blast... and had the sunburns to prove it.

It has been an awesome hunting and fishing season for us!

photo7116.jpg

photo7117.jpg

photo7118.jpg

photo7119.jpg

photo7120.jpg

Top Back Refresh