What's new

How true are the tire size?

TRINDU

PBB Orphan
Member Number
Loc
Central TX
Thinking about a set of UTV tires for my 4runner. Do the 33-35 measure true when mounted?

Dont want to spend BFG KM3 money, so looking at alternatives. Open to suggestions on make/model tires.

Thinking about a set of UTV tires for my 4runner. Do the 33-35 measure true when mounted?

Dont want to spend BFG KM3 money, so looking at alternatives. Open to suggestions on make/model tires.

Just like truck tires, they're all over the board. I think my 32 maxxis carnivores were just over 32" when new.

The 35 roxxillas and xcr350s I've seen looked very true 35s

Just like truck tires, they're all over the board. I think my 32 maxxis carnivores were just over 32" when new.

The 35 roxxillas and xcr350s I've seen looked very true 35s
the 35" Zillas in 14" rim run small. the 15" version run truer to size I am told.

A friend has some XT370s and his 32" 370s are bigger than his 35" Pro Armor Crawlers. :laughing:

I have 32" KM3s in 14" flavor and they run a little undersize but nothing extreme.. I think they measure 31.5" on the RZR with 12# in them.

Seems to be brand specific, but much better than truck tires. I bet BFG UTV tires are still an inch undersize though. :lmao:

just reread the OP.

Why do you want UTV tires on your 4Runner? UTV tires may not have enough weight capacity for a vehicle unless it's something like a Sami or Tracker?

KM3 UTV version says 1966# at 46 psi. So I guess that would be enough for a truck but not sure why you want UTV tires.

Stripped '87 4runner. No top, doors, tailgate, etc. After I add back armor and such hoping to come in sub 3500lbs.

Just exploring options.
With that much weight most UTV tires won't last 1000 miles.

just reread the OP.

Why do you want UTV tires on your 4Runner? UTV tires may not have enough weight capacity for a vehicle unless it's something like a Sami or Tracker?

KM3 UTV version says 1966# at 46 psi. So I guess that would be enough for a truck but not sure why you want UTV tires.

Because they work so well offroad vs truck tires of the same size. They're lighter, often cheaper and usually deeper, more aggressive tread.

A bunch of us zuk guys have been running them for years with great results, night and day to an lt tire.

I do agree, that a 4runner might be pushing the wieght limit. But if it's a trailer queen and isn't loaded up with 4 people and 3 days of camping supplies, it will probably work well.

With that much weight most UTV tires won't last 1000 miles.

No, quit spending bull shit.

the system 3 XTR370 measures very true to size. thats what a lot of the local SXS guys run around here
load rating looks solid too for a heavier application
SIZE - PLY RATING - DIAMETER - TREAD DEPTH - MAX PSI - MAX LOAD - WEIGHT
37 x 10R-15 - 8 ply rated - 37.0 in. - 1.0-1.25 in. - 24 psi - 1,833 lbs. - 63.8 lbs.

the system 3 XTR370 measures very true to size. thats what a lot of the local SXS guys run around here
37 x 10R-15 - 8 ply rated - 37.0 in. - 1.0-1.25 in. - 24 psi - 1,833 lbs. - 63.8 lbs.
I have those on my ranger and they're pretty true to size and heavy

37s! :smokin:

I almost want to sell the 38x13 maxxis on my Toyota and give those a try.

Interesting.

Will be curious how they compare to the 37 treps

I came very close to putting a set od 35" roxxzillas on my toyota a year or two ago. They are softer than a trep by far and work really well. Not to mention at the time I could get a set for 800 bucks. They are a little more now, but I can still get a set for 1100. If the 37's come in around 1500-1800 range I will be happy. They are pretty true to size as well.

Here's one of the 35's next to a half tread trep.
1661720868065.png

I think the Rockzillas have a slightly better tread design than the treps and will probably hook up better on rocks. And I'm sure that tread design can't be any worse in mud than a trep so it sounds like that tire is a win/win on light crawlers.

With all the new SxS tires coming out in 35-37" range almost makes me want to grab a Rock Lizard chassis, a 16v parts tracker and throw the built Yota axles I've been sitting on under it. Hmmmm....

The tires lie about their actual size.

The tires are not truthful at all, YOU cannot trust what THE tires say!!!

I read somewhere that the pro armor crawler 35s measure closer to 32". I was checking them out today and they looked small.

I read somewhere that the pro armor crawler 35s measure closer to 32". I was checking them out today and they looked small.
A buddy has a set of 35" Pro Armor Crawlers and his 32" 370s are bigger. lol

The 14" rim Roxxzillas run a little small. The 15" Zillas run truer to size I am told. I have sticky 32" Zillas on my RZR and they do very well. I run them around 8-9# and the only thing they don't do well is highway driving. I rarely (almost never) drive them on the road, they aren't balanced and the steering wheel shakes above 45. lol The tread being flatter profile they steer heavier than my back road driving KM3s. The do surprisingly well in mud. They aren't an ag tread but give it the beans and they will clean out if you get into some mud.

the stickies are soft too. I checked mine with a durometer and it was like 35. My KM3 were high 60s, Standard compound Zillas were around 70, Carnivores high 60s. this was taken at around 70 degrees.

The roxxzilla 33x10x15 stickies are on my radar. Might as well go for the best regarded. Still waiting on custom parts before I bolt up anything.

Mounted 35 KM3s are 33.5 :shaking: so if the roxx measures 32+, I'll call that a win.

Roxxzillas don't come in a 33. they have a 32 and a 35. the 35" on 15" wheel measure bigger than the 14" rim I am told. the 14" rim measure about 33.5-34" I am told. I run the 32-10-14 and they are about 1/2" small

The roxxzilla 33x10x15 stickies are on my radar. Might as well go for the best regarded. Still waiting on custom parts before I bolt up anything.

Mounted 35 KM3s are 33.5 :shaking: so if the roxx measures 32+, I'll call that a win.

Fawking BFG.....

The km3 was supposed to actually be true to size. But nope. They've been doing the same shit for 20+ years.

Fawking BFG.....

The km3 was supposed to actually be true to size. But nope. They've been doing the same shit for 20+ years.

I posted about them being undersized on the old site (possibly here?) and some people got all up in arms over it, saying I was wrong. And yet here we are.......

I'm with you, Fawk BFG

If you do go down this road, I look forward to reading your experience. I don’t see how a sxs tire will last or function properly on a rig that’s a k heavier then what they were designed for.

If you do go down this road, I look forward to reading your experience. I don’t see how a sxs tire will last or function properly on a rig that’s a k heavier then what they were designed for.

I haven't touched a Rockzilla yet but of the SxS tires I have had my hands on, they seem to be way overbuilt for what they are intended for. Some of the 30-32" tires are as heavy if not heavier than the same size LT tires. I'm sure they don't last as long on the road vs a legit street tire, but offroad I don't think the tire gives a single fuck what it's bolted to as long as its not grossly overweight.

JR4X and YotaAtieToo have been running them on street driven rigs for a while and they don't seen to have any complaints.

Last edited:
I haven't touched a Rockzilla yet but of the SxS tires I have had my hands on seem to be way overbuilt for what they are intended for. Some of the 30-32" tires are as heavy if not heavier than the same size LT tires. I'm sure they don't last as long on the road vs a legit street tire, but offroad I don't think the tire gives a fuck what it's bolted to as long as its not grossly overweight.

JR4X and YotaAtieToo have been running them on street driven rigs for a while and they don't seen to have any complaints.
That surprises me. But a lot of stuff has lately.

Here’s a little thread on mine. 6 years and unknown mileage on a 2800# with 8 ply sxs tires on a tracker. No problems to report till they were worn out and old.

Last edited:
Roxxzillas don't come in a 33.
:homer:

they have a 32 and a 35. the 35" on 15" wheel measure bigger than the 14" rim I am told. the 14" rim measure about 33.5-34" I am told. I run the 32-10-14 and they are about 1/2" small

I've been looking at everything. If the 35 roxx measures under 34, that would be ok too

It's an 8 ply tire that wont see the pavement. At this point I'm spending way too much for a tire, so might as well buy something that performs. Know anyone else who makes a <35" sticky?

:homer:

I've been looking at everything. If the 35 roxx measures under 34, that would be ok too

It's an 8 ply tire that wont see the pavement. At this point I'm spending way too much for a tire, so might as well buy something that performs. Know anyone else who makes a <35" sticky?

There was/is? A few companies making 35x12.5r17 short course stickies. But they're going to be a lot heavier and stiffer.

I’ve only had a few sets of UTV tires but they’ve all been true to size when mounted on the wheel with full new tread. My 29” Maxxis Bighorns were 29” tall as stated. My 30” ITP’s are 30” as stated. My 34 inch Patagonia SXT’s are 34” as stated. The ITPs only go up to 32’s. The Pat SXT’s only come in 33 and 34” sizes.

Top Back Refresh