What's new

How To Season 101

So, when are you going to start cook’n?

Start simple; Some Berger meat made into a patty and pre mixed seasoning.

next; steak, custom seasoning and herb butter. :grinpimp:

Sumthin to think about is the most mentioned, Black Pepper, the most important yet unthunk of, found out that I'm a pepper snob now.
First off never ever use the fukn pre ground dustpan shit, EVER!
There's only a few kinds and I've tried them all, the Malabar and Tellicherry breeds are from same area and taste the same pretty much, also so bred out thats why most don't really have a distinct black pepper zing.
Git some Ceylon from Sri Lanka 'n yule be cookin shit awl spicy tastn like John Jons meemaw. (fawkn killer in blackened dishes)

Easy. easy. Gotta start him simple with the “I tried this xxxx, oh I like that”, then get to the good stuff. :homer::laughing: Can’t just give out all the good secrets at the beginning. :grinpimp: gotta explore first.

Easy. easy. Gotta start him simple with the “I tried this xxxx, oh I like that”, then get to the good stuff. :homer::laughing: Can’t just give out all the good secrets at the beginning. :grinpimp: gotta explore first.
Jeezuz Son! Thars some thangs a fella just needs to know, no matter how booger faced n green toofd his cuzin girlfriend is, fukr needs to know thars more tang out thar than what's available after Xmas dinner at uncle Robbybobbys.

But you gotta start with the easy sister/cousin before you go out to the real world :laughing:

If we be yakn bout this on a Fri night aintit Purdy fawkn obvious he's already nailn his anty cuzin, spendn all his time elbow deep in it with no time to season his fukn ketchip sammich

We could talk about Salt, its been mentioned before but thars a couple differnt kinds a kid should know about sews he fer sher tosses the right shit under his tars when its icy out.

My secret weapon is celery salt. Use it in my steak rub, eggs, any potato dish, etc.

Italian herb grinder is handy for quick work. That, garlic and celery salt will flavor up almost anything.

Oregano, basil, salt and pepper makes for killer scramled eggs.

If I'm doing any sort of southwestern or mexican dish I like to saute my chicken with paprika.

Ancho chili powder is my new favorite. It has zero heat. I love it on baked potato.

Absolutely. It has a really nice flavor without being hot.

This was delivered yesterday :smokin:

More-Spice-7oz-website.jpg

x-whatever don't use ground table pepper. blech. Fresh ground black peppercorns taste a million times better and some of the varietals are better yet.
ground sea salt is better than table salt, too.
Fresh rosemary for turkey and 'taters. Also good with garlic on roasts.
fresh Cilantro is my go-to for most Mexican dishes
Montreal seasoning for steaks.

Definitely the more spice Tony Chachere's. The regular is too salty (yeah, i read the label)

Olive oil or real butter. Skip veggie oil and margarine.

Extra spicy Slap ya Mama. That’s the all in one jazzer-upper.
This.

I have struggled to find the right package, then I stumbled on this. It works well for fish, chicken, pork chops. I use Garlic, salt, pepper combo on just about every thing else.

'
Is that normal hot, or big-league hot?

I like heat, so me personally I don’t think so. It won’t grab ya by the boo boos, but it lets you know if you’ve over done it. The regular to me is just too salty, I’m not big on salt so the extra hot for me is the right dial in.

I put it on damn near everything that would normally get salt and pepper.

Slap ya Mama is good.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned with seasonings is to get the low sodium version if you can. Makes a huge difference in flavor.

Now y'all want pro level seasoning?

Who uses and endorses this seasoning:

So whatcha think of it?
I grabbed a jug, gotta say not impressed, sure there's heat there but it has far too much salt.
As an all around I'd give it a 1, with Old Bay at a 4 outta 5.
I will be trying it in a picked sausage brine it might have promise there.

So whatcha think of it?
I grabbed a jug, gotta say not impressed, sure there's heat there but it has far too much salt.
As an all around I'd give it a 1, with Old Bay at a 4 outta 5.
I will be trying it in a picked sausage brine it might have promise there.
Yeah; very salty.

Almost like a flavored salt, rather than a spice.

Top Back Refresh