What's new

How to blow this fuggin RZR up?

Best reply soo far:

Trade it in on a new unit. People like new stuff.
I just went for a ride on my moped and did some thinking.

This is the worst idea given.

This only screws over the person who buys this unit used and with no warranty from the dealer.

I could not do that to someone.

I will not be trading it in, I need Polaris to fix the POS

So you want to intentionally blow up a motor that is under warranty so you can get a free replacement ?, even though the engine runs and you are using it commercially as a rental to make money ? First you are a Karenduechebag for even thinking about doing this, 2ndly A even bigger one by posting this publicly where people know what your business is and can be a bigger douche bag by copying an pasting this post into a email and sending it to your dealer.and or regional rep. 3rdly, I am manufacturers Rep and if I even heard of one of my customers doing this , they would be cut-off and my competitors told about it, It is a small small world we live in. :shaking:

I wasn't going to respond as you are coming across as a judgmental holier than thou type of person.

I am going to give you the benefit of doubt here.

I was looking for help for a problem that there is no real solution for.

Like many other threads on this forum they go nowhere.

I had already tried to solve this problem and after much thinking came to no solutions.

That is why I posted here thinking perhaps someone had an idea that I did not think of.

I knew many of the ideas would be stupid and things I have no interest in doing (ether, ect)

What I think you are not getting is I spent $75,000 last April buying 3 brand new units

August one of the 3 units broke the oil pump shaft, taking it out of service and to the dealer which dragged their ass while milking the shit out of Polaris to make as much money off the repair as possible (I was not able to make any money with that unit during those 3 months) and now I have it back season is fucking over and it will be put into storage until next year.

Around September this unit that I have posted about started showing lots of metal flake in the engine oil.

I ran the unit thinking that it would finally get to the point where the dealer would be able to accept it for repair. Well it is still going yet still putting lots of metal flakes into the oil. if I have to put that unit in storage until next season as soon as season starts I am sure the motor will finally blow, thus taking it out of service for most of next year.

So for my $75,000 I got 1 fucking unit that makes me money???!!!

And you think somehow this makes me the bad person? I somehow am fucking over someone?

How the fuck can you come to that conclusion?

How about Polaris gives me my $75,000 worth and not fuck me and my business over?

Me asking for ideas on what to do to get this unit to perform as it was supposed to insults you?

You go so far as to suggest that my comments here be sent to my dealer (who the fuck is my dealer btw? I have bought units from every fucking state near me and from as far away as Texas)

I just want Polaris to stand behind their product.

2 out of 3 units I bought made it less than 4 months without major problems.

All I want it for them to fix this fucking engine that certainly should not be making the oil look like a strippers face with fucking glitter everywhere.

I have done nothing wrong, I am a good person and a good business owner.

Instead of throwing your insults and threats at me how about you offer to help as you seem to know how the industry works better than I do?

How about you help me to get my $75,000 worth and not be fucked over?

So you want to intentionally blow up a motor that is under warranty so you can get a free replacement ?, even though the engine runs and you are using it commercially as a rental to make money ? First you are a Karenduechebag for even thinking about doing this, 2ndly A even bigger one by posting this publicly where people know what your business is and can be a bigger douche bag by copying an pasting this post into a email and sending it to your dealer.and or regional rep. 3rdly, I am manufacturers Rep and if I even heard of one of my customers doing this , they would be cut-off and my competitors told about it, It is a small small world we live in. :shaking:
So you would intentionally tell a customer to pound sand, even though they have come to you with a documented major engine issue on a machine they rely on for their business?

You sound like a sleazy sales rep. The type who is going to take the low road and say "it ain't blowed up yet, warranty contract says I don't have to do shit for you, bring it back when it is" then climb up on a high horse when the customer does just that so they can get the waranty work they need, as if you're the one who is being treated unfairly despite having tried to do the right thing.

This doesn't solve your current problem........

Since you have several of the identical units does it make sense to buy a spare motor, trans and other common wear items just to have on hand for when the inevitable happens?

Then you can still rent the unit out and have the original motor/trans/parts warrantied by the dealer? May have to have the dealer do the install but certainly these parts could help you make money for 3 months instead of your stuff sitting at the dealer.

Maybe you could work out a deal with the dealer where you both share some of the cost for stocking the parts at the dealership so you can keep your business running?

No , Crispens a person who runs a rental business where customers routinely run the rental Raz'ers hard. He omes on here asking how to blow up a engine purposely so he can it warrantied . That is pretty fawked up. Had he come on here and asked how to deal with a dealer that is not giving him service as he feels that should be done, that would be a completely different story. Remember "He" Wants to intentionally blow up the engine to get a new one.. That is pretty fawked up..Many of us here are company owners or sell products that we stand by. I have been a rep for over 25 years and will go to bat for my customers "if" they have legit problem. But I will throw them under the bus if they are trying to blantly trying fawk over one of the companies I rep.
Derp FAWK YOU:flipoff: Most of my customers and companies I rep, we are a big family that looks out for each, we are all in it to raise our families and to make a living. I have saying there is only one person in this world that is perfect, and it sure is not Man, and the stuff man makes is not perfect, it is all bout how "We" can make it right, so fawk off Derp:shaking: .

Crispens , Why did you buy a Polaris Razer for rental use ? Did you have history with the product ? Or was it because of price point ? Was it because of others using the brand in rental ? If so did you talk to those people before buying what common issues were ? How much research did you really do to make sure you were going to get a product that was going to hold up in a rental application ? I know for a fact that the Rental industry whether it is equipment, cars, trucks etc is one of thee toughest markets for any product to be used in. Renters will always find a way to break even the toughest of equipment.

Derp FAWK YOU:flipoff: Most of my customers and companies I rep, we are a big family that looks out for each, we are all in it to raise our families and to make a living. I have saying there is only one person in this world that is perfect, and it sure is not Man, and the stuff man makes is not perfect, it is all bout how "We" can make it right, so fawk off Derp:shaking: .
Calm down Gretta! Do I owe you any rent for all the space I'm taking up in your head? :lmao:

I still disagree with your take on his situation. From what he has described he's already tried the approach you think he should be taking, and has gotten no help, and is taking it up a level, and playing the game back that they are playing on him.

I truly hope you are the type of sales person who cares about the products they sell and the relationship building part of the industry, and not just one that lashes out with that "Ahm thah sawlt of the earf, tryn'a do tha right thing by me ahn mine, how dare you..." when someone calls out your BS (which sleazy sales people CANNOT STAND having done to them) ...It's a rhetorical statement, if you know you're good then you have no reason to make it a point to some jackass on the internet (me) and I certainly hope that's the case.

I truly hope you are the type of sales person who cares about the products they sell and the relationship building part of the industry
Zero fucking chance. Everything he's posted here reeks of the "not tehcnically a part of my performance review not my problem but everyone else should bend over backwards for me" entitlement attitude.

No , Crispens a person who runs a rental business where customers routinely run the rental Raz'ers hard. He omes on here asking how to blow up a engine purposely so he can it warrantied . That is pretty fawked up. Had he come on here and asked how to deal with a dealer that is not giving him service as he feels that should be done, that would be a completely different story. Remember "He" Wants to intentionally blow up the engine to get a new one.. That is pretty fawked up..Many of us here are company owners or sell products that we stand by. I have been a rep for over 25 years and will go to bat for my customers "if" they have legit problem. But I will throw them under the bus if they are trying to blantly trying fawk over one of the companies I rep.
I feel like the only part of my post you have read is the title, that is correct isn't it?

The part where this machine makes glitter filled oil for the last 225+ hours you missed didn't you?

A brand new machine that was only 3 months old is eating itself and somehow you are wanting to blame me.

Your other post, the one where you questioned pretty much everything I have ever done to get this business going, I will answer for you.

My friend who has the same type of business, is still running his original RZR 900 after 7 years.

My other competitors, people that have over 50 machines wanna guess what they are?

Most of my customers and companies I rep, we are a big family that looks out for each, we are all in it to raise our families and to make a living.
ready for a fucking newsflash?

This one is going to blow your mind!!!!!!!

Hold on now cause here it comes!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am in this to raise my family and make a living. :usa:

How many miles do you have on them and what year? I know of many Ranger 900s the are 10,000+ mile machines, some even got close to 20,000 before they were complete trash. They are run by maintenance guys using them for everything from making snow to simple transportation.
We have a Kubota RTV 1100 2014? here at work that has 13.5k on it. It does seem that you may have a lemon, but even if it does go and it's warrantied, do you have some sort of business insurance that covers not having your equipment available to rent? Don't know if it is a thing, just asking.

How many miles do you have on them and what year? I know of many Ranger 900s the are 10,000+ mile machines, some even got close to 20,000 before they were complete trash. They are run by maintenance guys using them for everything from making snow to simple transportation.
We have a Kubota RTV 1100 2014? here at work that has 13.5k on it. It does seem that you may have a lemon, but even if it does go and it's warrantied, do you have some sort of business insurance that covers not having your equipment available to rent? Don't know if it is a thing, just asking.
Which machines are you asking about?

I got 3 Yahama Vikings that were new for this year, they all have around 11,000 miles on them

I have a Talon that has 12,000 miles on it

My can am maverick has 15,000 miles on it and still runs like new and has needed nothing but belts and 1 wheel bearing.

My RZRs I don't really track the miles on them, I go more by the hours.

The unit this thread is about has 508 hours on it.

It does seem that you may have a lemon, but even if it does go and it's warrantied, do you have some sort of business insurance that covers not having your equipment available to rent? Don't know if it is a thing, just asking.
Sorry just reread that part.

No I do not have a 'loss of use' type of insurance

You mentioned making snow?

Like for a ski area?

Not all miles / hours are the same.

A unit being driven up and down a mountain for instance has a harder life than what mine do which is drive around the NAtional Park on paved roads.

Correct me if i am wrong but it sounds like the dealer said “yes, it is blowing up but we cant warranty it until it really blows up. Better go blow it up.“

We used to do that at the dealership occasionally. For the Pittsburgh police cars, we even did it for them because they bought so many impalas. They had one impala that had a very intermittent trans problem when it was very hot and they had ran over 3 curbs and two pedestrians or some shit. We sent a tech out to blow up the trans and he blew up the motor too. So it got both warrantied.

ready for a fucking newsflash?

This one is going to blow your mind!!!!!!!

Hold on now cause here it comes!!!!!!!!!!!

I too am in this to raise my family and make a living. :usa:

What makes you think that the Dealer/Franchise owner is not in it for the very same reason ? News Flash They eat, burp, drink and shit just the same way you do.. They are in it make a profit , oh wait so are you. Except you want to get a free engine by blowing one up Key words here---->on purpose.

To chime in on the "rentals are always treated like shit" argument. I see these things every day around Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. Its pretty much stop and go traffic. On the weekends at windrock I see people that own their machines beat the fuck out of em. Id say in this instance, the rentals are treated way better than the ones that are privately owned and beat on in the woods.

Sorry just reread that part.

No I do not have a 'loss of use' type of insurance

You mentioned making snow?

Like for a ski area?

Not all miles / hours are the same.

A unit being driven up and down a mountain for instance has a harder life than what mine do which is drive around the NAtional Park on paved roads.
C’mon man you know…..the utvs. No shit they get used differently My Ranger xp1000 is in low 4 50% of the time. It gets tracks in the winter and pulls a drag. The over machines I was using for example are usually in 2 hi, hence the hi mileage and a minor similarity to yours.

I feel like the only part of my post you have read is the title, that is correct isn't it?

The part where this machine makes glitter filled oil for the last 225+ hours you missed didn't you?

A brand new machine that was only 3 months old is eating itself and somehow you are wanting to blame me.

Your other post, the one where you questioned pretty much everything I have ever done to get this business going, I will answer for you.

My friend who has the same type of business, is still running his original RZR 900 after 7 years.

My other competitors, people that have over 50 machines wanna guess what they are?
Yea read about the glitter filled engine , still does not change the fact you posted asking how to blow up a engine and still be under warranty does it ?
The question I posted were ones that a sensible person should have researched, but even more so exactly how they handle engine failures. What is the procedures, guidelines etc etc You should have known this before hand... Look the Dealer may want to help you but also look at how the manufacturer keeps his hands tied, that Dealer wants to make sure he gets reimbursed so he has to follow the guidelines set forth,to get reimbursed because like you he wants make a profit and with margins being thin as they are in today's world, fawkin every dollar counts . I still think you are dumbass for posting this publicly, Why? Because interartednet :homer:

To chime in on the "rentals are always treated like shit" argument. I see these things every day around Sevierville and Pigeon Forge. Its pretty much stop and go traffic. On the weekends at windrock I see people that own their machines beat the fuck out of em. Id say in this instance, the rentals are treated way better than the ones that are privately owned and beat on in the woods.

I was going to say the same thing, from what I recall, these are not to be used on dirt.

How much is a new engine? What if you just bought one with your own money and kept the old one as a spare. Or drop it in the service managers office and make him stare at it everyday :laughing:

From my experience, warranty rarely works out that well. Maybe its a little luck of the draw, but I've never had many great experiences with warrantys.

I'd do the math on a new engine and putting it in yourself, vs loosing money having the machine sit for 2-3 months during your hot season.

He'd probably buy a spare engine if he could.

but has no one seen that polaris is literally building whatever machines they have parts for these days?
they're a shit show. I'd bet he can't even order a new crate engine.

Reactions: DMG
What makes you think that the Dealer/Franchise owner is not in it for the very same reason ? News Flash They eat, burp, drink and shit just the same way you do.. They are in it make a profit , oh wait so are you. Except you want to get a free engine by blowing one up Key words here---->on purpose.
The dealer/franchise owner will get the motor shipped to them by polaris and will be paid labor to replace it by polaris. They will profit from the job.

The dealer/franchise owner will get the motor shipped to them by polaris and will be paid labor to replace it by polaris. They will profit from the job.
Hahahahahaha, you think they will make money on what Polaris pays for warranty work.

Hahahahahaha, you think they will make money on what Polaris pays for warranty work.
Yes. Warranty doesnt pay as well as customer pay but it definitley pays. Plus most dealers are gaming the warranty system a bit. It definitely is not coming out of the dealers pocket as the guy I responded to seems to think.

Yes. Warranty doesnt pay as well as customer pay but it definitley pays. Plus most dealers are gaming the warranty system a bit. It definitely is not coming out of the dealers pocket as the guy I responded to seems to think.
Polaris pays 4 hours for a longblock on a Rzr, and that is if they would even warranty the engine. First thing Polaris is going to want to see is proof of service history at the correct intervals, second they are going to want a service report from the ecu which will show speed/rpm/tps for every minute that machine has ran.

Top Back Refresh