Loc
SoCal
should I offer?

Attachments

• IMG_20210814_115748848_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210814_115748848_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 220
Ok got it. I saw it in the back of a trucl shop and got excited. Guess not
Hike up your fucking skirt and go find out about it.

It's worth more than a dollar, and if it was in my town I'd be beating down the fucking door.

With zero details we can't give you a what's it worth. How much to offer? Not so low that you'll insult/piss off the owner.

Hike up your fucking skirt and go find out about it.

It's worth more than a dollar, and if it was in my town I'd be beating down the fucking door.

With zero details we can't give you a what's it worth. How much to offer? Not so low that you'll insult/piss off the owner.

all the details I have are in the pics. It looks super old. If it needs 10k worth of work done to it, is it really worth anything? Lets assume its just the drivetrain and cab. Engine doesnt run. Yes the roof hatch stood out to be too, super cool.

Start bidding at 500, and go 1500 tops?

I would guess you could get 1500 for just the front axle.

That thing has a PTO, which would sell quick as well.

If it's got crawler gears, Austin would shit kittens.

I would guess you could get 1500 for just the front axle.

That thing has a PTO, which would sell quick as well.

If it's got crawler gears, Austin would shit kittens.

is this a 404 or 408? I recall seeing some mog axles for dirt dirt cheap, these are decent then?

This is very helpful though, because I have no idea if its a pile of junk or something worth looking at.

Much thank you.

404. Solid cab looks german to me.

It's NOT a swiss troopcarrier because it doesn't have the pointy roof.

Axles are great, mechanical pushrod locker that can be operated while driving, portal gears (2:1 gear reduction in the hub which also gives more axle clearance, 37 inch tires give the axle same clearance as 44s on a straight axle).

I don't think 408 is a mog, at least I've never heard of one (which doesn't mean much).

Thats a 404, there are a ton of parts I'd like off it.

Is it actually for sale or just sitting there?

But you should build it and wheel it.

Go talk to them and get more pics

Last edited:
Well talked to the guy who owns it today. He says hes had it a while but its been sitting for a long time. Says its complete and ran, but you know how that is.

I didnt throw a price at him because he seemed like hed want top dollar for it. He said hell do some checking and get back to me with a price. Looking at it, itll need a complete do over. Id go 1500 tops on it.

Maybe Ill swing by where he works (general manager at another location of this shop) and mullet my way into a deal. :flipoff2:

engine is there, but fuel tank is disconnected, tires are shot, I dont know man.

You sure this thing is worth 1500?

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_115759840.jpg
    IMG_20210818_115759840.jpg
    848.8 KB · Views: 76
The front axle alone is $1,500, that PTO is $$, hell the headlight guards, MB logo and the two trim pieces are $150 easy.

That cab is rare and $$$

It really depends what you want to do with it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat to pull a few things I want off and still sell the rest for more than $1,500.

If he really only wants $1,500 and you don't buy it let me know ... irate4x4 needs a mog with turret mounted t-shirt cannon at KoH:beer:

Last edited:
It looks very flipable:

Mogs are pretty expensive.

They say Jeep translates to Just Empty Every Pocket ...

I think Unimog translates to "lol, hold my stein"

I'd be surprised if you got it for that but I'd be super jealous if you did.

isnt your mog in photos much bigger?

i went to look at it again, idunno man. Cab has some rust spots. rear window missing and has a rough cutout for it. fuel tank(s) and lines apart, unsure why. Battery box dented/broken. Rear control arms must be like 1" in diameter. And if its been sitting for 11 years, who knows.

I dont want to push the guy because he will think he has a gold mine and Ill pay top dollar for it. He has my number, Ill wait a few weeks for his call. I need him to understand that all he has is a 1500 dollar pile of parts :flipoff2:

If I do get it, Ill probably need to hire a full time monkey to help me with all the shit in my yard. But it would take a seriously big amount of work to get it road worthy. Tires dry rotted to hell too.

Bring him 15 hundos and see if you can triple your investment in a week.

Bring him 15 hundos and see if you can triple your investment in a week.

I dont do that. I told the guy it would be a project for me and be my lawn ornament. Getting it based on that then flipping it seems kind of dishonest. I will gladly pass his contact though if nothing comes out of it.

but like I said, Im going to give him a few weeks. "These things sell for 9k wrecked" makes me feel he will try to get more than 1500, so let him call me. Like chasing a girl :homer::flipoff2:

it needs a lot. like park it in the garage and work on it for 6 months lot Thats more a project than i can handle. plus we havent agreed on the price, shit is not worth 9k

We don't expect you to buy it and make it nice. We expect you go buy it, give Austin the hatch and then make all your money back and then some parting it out.

We don't expect you to buy it and make it nice. We expect you go buy it, give Austin the hatch and then make all your money back and then some parting it out.
Shit, for $1,500 I'd just come get the whole thing if you don't want to screw with it

Top Back Refresh