What's new

How long until JoeW signs up and starts posting?

Poriggity

Ketchup Dog
Member Number
Loc
Bates City, Mo
So, Joe W seems to think he doesn't need to come here because so many of the users here have him living "rent free" in their heads.. At least that's what he said... Anyway.. I would argue that soon, if he stays over on PBB, he'll be talking mostly to himself... Should we take bets to see how long it will be till he starts regularly posting over here?

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 3.32.05 PM.png

They'll all probably be here soon enough or just stop posting on the PBB and not migrate over. The oldest post on the first page here is 2 hours old. The oldest on the first page there is two days old. Stretch that to the second page and it's 15 hours vs. 5 days. The vast majority of the old PBB action is already here.

They'll all probably be here soon enough or just stop posting on the PBB and not migrate over. The oldest post on the first page here is 2 hours old. The oldest on the first page there is two days old. Stretch that to the second page and it's 15 hours vs. 5 days. The vast majority of the old PBB action is already here.

Yep, and I'm happy to see that. Now let's hope that Austin puts some fresh moderators in place . I've put my hat in the ring to mod the dodge and jeep forums, and would do so happily.

Ah screw Joe , he's better off over there holding the fort down and staying close to the light switch. :lmao:

ah fuck him.

i grew up playing a card game where there was a suit that was trump throughout the hand. My grandfather would always say "If you hold that big trump card until the end, all you'll catch is flies".

JoeW has what he thinks is a big trump card in the form of self-righteousness, smugness, and moral superiority. He quickly losing anyone to play that trump card on, and as he holds it until the end, all he'll catch is flies.

Couldnt happen to a more fitting candidate not named Gary.

How hard would it be to setup a chat bot that posts at random intervals?

ah fuck him.

i grew up playing a card game where there was a suit that was trump throughout the hand. My grandfather would always say "If you hold that big trump card until the end, all you'll catch is flies".

JoeW has what he thinks is a big trump card in the form of self-righteousness, smugness, and moral superiority. He quickly losing anyone to play that trump card on, and as he holds it until the end, all he'll catch is flies.

Couldnt happen to a more fitting candidate not named Gary.

Without the Joes, the Garys, the Roxys, this community is not the same anymore. Would you prefer a group of 20 year olds talking shit all day? Its everybody as a collective that made pbb what it was. You start taking away from that, and this community will fall apart like the rest.

Immaturity is not going to go very far. Good for Joe and everyone else who didnt snap their fingers and jump at the blink of an eye. I hope he and everyone else moves over, thats the only attitude that will keep this community together, imho.

So, Joe W seems to think he doesn't need to come here because so many of the users here have him living "rent free" in their heads.. At least that's what he said... Anyway.. I would argue that soon, if he stays over on PBB, he'll be talking mostly to himself... Should we take bets to see how long it will be till he starts regularly posting over here?

Looks like he's living in your head rent free Scott. :laughing: If he wasn't you wouldn't have bothered to make this thread. :flipoff2:

Without the Joes, the Garys, the Roxys, this community is not the same anymore. Would you prefer a group of 20 year olds talking shit all day? Its everybody as a collective that made pbb what it was. You start taking away from that, and this community will fall apart like the rest.

Immaturity is not going to go very far. Good for Joe and everyone else who didnt snap their fingers and jump at the blink of an eye. I hope he and everyone else moves over, thats the only attitude that will keep this community together, imho.

You act like we all left 3 days ago. Some of us left years ago when VS took over, but just joined here because it was built for that purpose.

You act like we all left 3 days ago. Some of us left years ago when VS took over, but just joined here because it was built for that purpose.

Good for the ones that left after VS. But most left 3 days ago. Joe is part of the family, and I say that despite him hating my guts

i dont have a problem with him coming over here at all. Of course he is part of this community and his attitude makes it what it is. But dont act like you're better than everyone else because you're the one still eating the turd sandwich that the rest of us got tired of the taste of a couple of weeks ago.

Dude you should seriously keep your day job. Cuz your reading minds and Tarot cards sucks balls.
seriously go sleep it off.

Last edited:
i dont have a problem with him coming over here at all. Of course he is part of this community and his attitude makes it what it is. But dont act like you're better than everyone else because you're the one still eating the turd sandwich that the rest of us got tired of the taste of a couple of weeks ago.

Thats Joe in general, has nothing to do with VS

perhaps the joes garys and roxys are what made pirate pirate for you but thats 100% wrong for me. what made pirate pirate was/is the tech thats been posted over 20yrs, you can literally find an answer to almost any 4x4 related question, at least half my posts in the tech forums was me posting links to old threads that had the answer to the question. i signed up to pirate because i wanted to learn about 4x4 stuff, chit chat and the joes garys and roxys were a side feature like some dumb tv show you watch just to pass the time.

perhaps the joes garys and roxys are what made pirate pirate for you but thats 100% wrong for me. what made pirate pirate was/is the tech thats been posted over 20yrs, you can literally find an answer to almost any 4x4 related question, at least half my posts in the tech forums was me posting links to old threads that had the answer to the question. i signed up to pirate because i wanted to learn about 4x4 stuff, chit chat and the joes garys and roxys were a side feature like some dumb tv show you watch just to pass the time.

youre right, I was speaking strictly gcc

sign up for the tech, hang out daily for the chit-chat is pretty much how it went for me.

well, i guess i actually signed up to get a free IH engine block from beefcakescout :rasta: but the tech is why i went there in the first place.

That's fair. For me, I lived the off road life for a good portion of my life. My hobby, profession, friends, vacations, everything I did was centered around rock crawling from around 2002 to roughly 2015. It all out consumed every aspect of my world. I finally just burnt out. In the beginning I didn't care about Chit Chat. But slowly I started spending less time in Tech and more time escaping the off road scene. When the JK hit the market, being a shop owner changed. By 2014 I was sick of the customers I had to deal with. I flat out got pissed at the way the sport had evolved. I got sick of the consumerism and the comercial effect big companies trying to become national suppliers had ruined what I loved about the tight nit group of outside the box thinkers who were willing to risk a yard sale to conquer the mountain. Dudes who had a IDGAF attitude and were willing to build something for science.

Now I just come visit my sideshow to escape reality and talk through random things I have floating around in my head. I mindlessly work all day building stuff which comes very easy to me. In the background I educate myself with audio books, lectures, podcasts and with that information I try to make as much money off speculations and investments while I thinker around with my projects as I can.

I'm done with this debt based ponzi scheme where you work 50% of the time for taxes and 50% of the time for debt repayments. I'm done working for people who pay me with their credit card instead of real money. I'm done helping people look cool or show off their tiny penis. I'm sick of bolt on parts made by industry "leaders" in overseas manufacturing plants. I'm sick of the way this sport has turned into a fight with government agencies for use of public land. I'm sick of private parks who try to put in luxury amenities to increase revenue to maintain a store front that just marks up cheap China junk with their logo on it. I'm sick of Jeep clubs who raise money for charity just to get a pat on the back and maintain tax exempt status. I'm sick of going out in the woods just to be bombarded with fuck sticks about their problems and projects and "what would XYZ cost" etc. I'm sick of the whole fucking thing. I miss when there were 5 of us who wheeled every weekend and didn'thave shot nose kids and uppity wives. I'm to a point where I just don't care about my rig, about cool build threads or what people are doing in their garages anymore. Everything I loved about this sport is watered down or taken to the furthest extreme. I miss the good ol' days and absolutely despise the vast majority of what's happening in the sport today.

didn't mean for that to turn into a rant but there it is.

/rant

Good for the ones that left after VS. But most left 3 days ago. Joe is part of the family, and I say that despite him hating my guts

Well you made it over , and here I thought you where going to stay over there and continue to be a cheerleader . :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh