What's new

How does this work?

billdacat

No road...no problem.
Member Number
Loc
Utah or bust!
GF receives a debit card from USA bank. This card is basically from Colorado department of unemployment; problem is she didn't file for unemployment. Because of the 4th; she will be dead in the water on reporting this until Monday morning.
Ok Irate4x4 peeps; is this a serious breach of her identity? How are the fuckers going to get money from CO unemployment without the card in their grubby hands? (she didn't activate it) We have found a few mentions of this scam on the internet, but nothing with any details on how this bull shit is played out.:mad3:

Wait until the office is open and call to see WTF it's about? Until then, she did the right thing...nothing.

so is there money on the card??

I think there would be at least $600 bucks of Federal monies. GF is NOT going to activate it.. We are basically concerned about just how much of her identity was compromised; throwing fraud alerts on all her stuff is a fucking pain in the ass.

Lesson learned for her; check all your accounts frequently! Don't wait for the fucking mail!
Friend of mine (since passed away); wife cleaned out his IRA to the tune of seven figures. :lmao:

Debit Card has to have an account, the account is probably already empty.

The card is just a byproduct of the scam of collecting money in someone else's name.

I'd be putting my shit on lockdown.

I think there would be at least $600 bucks of Federal monies. GF is NOT going to activate it.. We are basically concerned about just how much of her identity was compromised; throwing fraud alerts on all her stuff is a fucking pain in the ass.

Lesson learned for her; check all your accounts frequently! Don't wait for the fucking mail!
Friend of mine (since passed away); wife cleaned out his IRA to the tune of seven figures. :lmao:

You shoud have stopped your wife...but I guess 7 figures IS a lot of money...

We are finding out now just how fucked up Colorado is. GF has been on hold for 20 minutes now.

Top Back Refresh