What's new

How does this work?

billdacat

No road...no problem.
Member Number
Loc
Utah or bust!
GF receives a debit card from USA bank. This card is basically from Colorado department of unemployment; problem is she didn't file for unemployment. Because of the 4th; she will be dead in the water on reporting this until Monday morning.
Ok Irate4x4 peeps; is this a serious breach of her identity? How are the fuckers going to get money from CO unemployment without the card in their grubby hands? (she didn't activate it) We have found a few mentions of this scam on the internet, but nothing with any details on how this bull shit is played out.:mad3:

Rerock

Member Number
Loc
Twins Territory
Wait until the office is open and call to see WTF it's about? Until then, she did the right thing...nothing.

billdacat

No road...no problem.
Member Number
Loc
Utah or bust!
so is there money on the card??

I think there would be at least $600 bucks of Federal monies. GF is NOT going to activate it.. We are basically concerned about just how much of her identity was compromised; throwing fraud alerts on all her stuff is a fucking pain in the ass.

Lesson learned for her; check all your accounts frequently! Don't wait for the fucking mail!
Friend of mine (since passed away); wife cleaned out his IRA to the tune of seven figures. :lmao:

Ted_Kaczynski

On A Journey
Member Number
Debit Card has to have an account, the account is probably already empty.

The card is just a byproduct of the scam of collecting money in someone else's name.

I'd be putting my shit on lockdown.

subybaja

E. Spengler
Member Number
Loc
Spenard Ak
I think there would be at least $600 bucks of Federal monies. GF is NOT going to activate it.. We are basically concerned about just how much of her identity was compromised; throwing fraud alerts on all her stuff is a fucking pain in the ass.

Lesson learned for her; check all your accounts frequently! Don't wait for the fucking mail!
Friend of mine (since passed away); wife cleaned out his IRA to the tune of seven figures. :lmao:

You shoud have stopped your wife...but I guess 7 figures IS a lot of money...

billdacat

No road...no problem.
Member Number
Loc
Utah or bust!
We are finding out now just how fucked up Colorado is. GF has been on hold for 20 minutes now.