What's new

How do I identify a relay

D Nelly

professional dingdong
Member Number
Trying to find a relay for my folk's vacuum and I've never seen one shaped like this before. I can find an exact match but none of the sites coming up look like places I want to put my credit card into/don't want to wait a month for shipping. If anyone knows how to decode this shit and can point me in the right direction or link me a replacement I'd be stoked. The vacuums a centralux aerus, about 10 years old. I can get more info if needed

IMG_20200726_171146.jpg

page1.png

page1.png

page1.png

photo15970.jpg

photo15975.png

photo15974.png

photo15973.png

IMG_20200726_171146.jpg

It's 2020, you're supposed to ask the relay for its preferred pronouns. :flipoff2:

It’s a PCB mounted relay, so the OEM part Has to be soldered into place to replace it the right way. If there’s space to mount a relay externally, you could install wires instead of the relay pins on the pcb and run them to a common 30A industrial control relay. mounted remotely.
How sure are you that the relay is bad?

It’s a PCB mounted relay, so the OEM part Has to be soldered into place to replace it the right way. If there’s space to mount a relay externally, you could install wires instead of the relay pins on the pcb and run them to a common 30A industrial control relay. mounted remotely.
How sure are you that the relay is bad?

Desoldering the old one and sticking on a new ones no problem. I was thinking of just hacking in a normal brick style automotive relay but want to at least try to do it right first. I'm 99% sure the old relays sticking, the vacuum will start and run but won't turn off even if you unplug the low voltage signal wires from the board

Top Back Refresh