What's new

How are you bringing PBB threads over here?

Copy/paste for me, but I haven't found a way to make it "simple".

I don't have mad haxxor skills to script it - I used dumb animal labor (my spare time last weekend).

Would've been 3x quicker before VS's latest syrupgrade. Like 20/20 hindsight helps any :laughing:

I'm looking at options to save the threads or print them to PDF. Recent changes mean that max is 20 posts per page which is extra annoying. Copying and pasting into a word doc kind of sucks because you end up with 100 random little images per post. Copy paste as text kind of also sucks. There are options to download/save webpages... Haven't done anything yet.

I use a computer, so copy and paste is much easier. In general though, i'm trying to reimagine much of my threads and make them flow better. good chance to get the information re-organized.

as for bringing over replys, if they are strictly adding to tech i'm not bothering with them. ideally if they have been responded to.

for pictures, just making a new folder and downloading the pictures. resorting them so that they are 5 per post and trying to clean them up, then re-adding them in. at that point, just let them grow over here.

the ring and pinion Toyota thread is sort of an example, but the brake bible thread in the Toyota FAQ is an actual completed version. Eventually i'll get off my ass and get the rest of my thoughts together for the ring and pinion thread, but I've information and pictures from about 4 different threads that i want to weave together into one. It's a good way to condense down tech. It would help if there were no picture hosting limits here, but that is my only gripe. otherwise it goes pretty smooth.

concerning ripping pictures from pirate, if you don't click on the actual picture to make it full size before downloading it, you get a rather shit image.

the only posts i'm taking from other people and reposting are done either with explicit permission or ones that have been requoted by me as implicit permission. Check out the "3rd gen cage and slider" thread in the taco section for an example of a build thread i brought over for somebody else. compare it to the same thread as posted on pirate and the differences will be apparent.

I'm not.. I dont have any tech to offer anyway

My ZJ is a mall crawler and I never have time to work on it. :flipoff2:

On weaponsguild they converted some old thread to PDF. Pros were that images were not subject to failure down the road from a photobucket type issue, downside is you can't enlarge the pics beyond what they were converted at.

Someone has to have written a script to capture forum post and download the associated images

Do you have supple round bosoms - like the kind I see in Hollywood movies... or do you have those perky pointy ones with hard dark nipples like a Euro Model. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a preference, I do however dislike huge ugly areolas - as it happens. You know the kind, they have a bunch of skin-tag looking shit growing out of the edges etc.

So you copy and pasted each post? Fuuuuuuk that.
I only rebuilt 1 thread that had 210 posts and didn't make a post-for-post rebuild. Threw a bunch into each new post, so like 90 posts with the contents of the original 210. For earlier parts of my thread, I was able to copy blocks out of PDFs I'd printed before the syrupgrade, but it was still a clusterfook.

The photos were a 1 by 1 pain in the 'taint, but at the end I realized I could copy/paste an entire syrupgraded post, select a photo placeholder, hit "Enter" and have the IBB photo uploady widget pop up. Then paste the source location, check the "retrieve and reference locally" box & click OK.

No lie: it's a "fawk that" PITA. Sorry, but I don't know how to make the process slick.
For folks with massive amounts of info. to transfer, my manual hackery ain't the solution.

There has to be a 'puter wizard here who knows how to do it "not the hard way" :confused:

Last edited:
the only posts i'm taking from other people and reposting are done either with explicit permission or ones that have been requoted by me as implicit permission. Check out the "3rd gen cage and slider" thread in the taco section for an example of a build thread i brought over for somebody else. compare it to the same thread as posted on pirate and the differences will be apparent.

Do you know some slick way to mass transfer content? If so, can you share it here?

I copied and pasted my own posts, no replies unless I quoted them in my reply. Luckily I had all the pictures in a file so it was easy to reload all them.
Its a good time to create current threads by only transferring useful information and leaving the out dated info behind.
Irate doesn't have a bunch of old garbage threads to sort through yet. No need to bring the garbage over here.

I copied and pasted my own posts, no replies unless I quoted them in my reply. Luckily I had all the pictures in a file so it was easy to reload all them.
Its a good time to create current threads by only transferring useful information and leaving the out dated info behind.
Irate doesn't have a bunch of old garbage threads to sort through yet. No need to bring the garbage over here.

Agree fully, simple mass copy/paste of everything will bring over a bunch of trash, honestly. Selective and highly discriminatory copy and paste with edits for flow are the way to go

I only rebuilt 1 thread that had 210 posts and didn't make a post-for-post rebuild. Threw a bunch into each new post, so like 90 posts with the contents of the original 210. For earlier parts of my thread, I was able to copy blocks out of PDFs I'd printed before the syrupgrade, but it was still a clusterfook.

The photos were a 1 by 1 pain in the 'taint, but at the end I realized I could copy/paste an entire syrupgraded post, select a photo placeholder, hit "Enter" and have the IBB photo uploady widget pop up. Then paste the source location, check the "retrieve and reference locally" box & click OK.

No lie: it's a "fawk that" PITA. Sorry, but I don't know how to make the process slick.
For folks with massive amounts of info. to transfer, my manual hackery ain't the solution.

There has to be a 'puter wizard here who knows how to do it "not the hard way" :confused:

I'd do more copy/paste for other people as well for build threads, but "tech" threads should honestly be rebuilt. the hardest part is trying to figure out how to organize it to make sense and finding the old threads on pbb now that search has changed around.

Would have liked to bring a few threads but cant edit to get the format correct when copying.

That stupid BS about editing within 7 days but havent edited at all so just another lie by the VS stooges.

I was fortunate in that I had decided to copy my build thread over to Jeepforum a week or so before the update. So I re copy and pasted it post by post from Jeepforum to here so I wasn’t hog tied by the stupid post edit limit they instilled over there.

I have nothing over there but snarky comments and dumb pictures. I'm sure i can re-create them here

I have nothing over there but snarky comments and dumb pictures. I'm sure i can re-create them here

...grease stains from cold french fries

cup rings from stale Mtn Dew drinks...

Y'know. The usual.

I have 1337 H?|X0R skills and could have scripted it but fuck doing work when I'm not getting paid. I just liked to my old thread. It's not like VS is interested in deleting content. I PDF'd it back when you could see 10000 posts per page so if PBB goes tits up I'll just ask Austin if he can let me upload an 80mb pdf.

My most prolific threads were a yearly series about outdoor success stories and pictures. The last one was "2020 - 2021 Hunting, fishing, trapping, killin' & grillin' thread", I usually posted them after Christmas and before New Years.

Squamch started the "hunting, fishing, trappin, killin, and grilling 2020" here so I guess it's already been done. :flipoff2:

Not that I contributed a lot but was wondering the same thing on how people where transferring things over. I guess at some point I will get to bringing one or two of mine over?

Top Back Refresh