What's new

Hot Springs OHV

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
Since we don't have a regional section on the new site I'll ask here since I ride a SXS now.

How does Super Lift park compare to say SMORR as far as the trails go? Are they marked well? How are the campground amenities?

Since we don't have a regional section on the new site I'll ask here since I ride a SXS now.

How does Super Lift park compare to say SMORR as far as the trails go? Are they marked well? How are the campground amenities?

Hot Springs OHV is fawkin awesome. I absolutely love that place and wheel there at least a few times a year. Never been to SMORR but the trails at Hot Springs OHV are clearly marked and easy to find with the trail map. Camping there is decent if you rent one of their cabins or bunk houses. The tent/trailer sights are kinda meh though. It's basically sites set up on the sides of the parking lot. There is a KOA at the top of the road going to the park and that's where we always stay. Very nice place and the staff there is super friendly and helpful.

I'm kinda jealous your going......

Hot Springs OHV is fawkin awesome. I absolutely love that place and wheel there at least a few times a year. Never been to SMORR but the trails at Hot Springs OHV are clearly marked and easy to find with the trail map. Camping there is decent if you rent one of their cabins or bunk houses. The tent/trailer sights are kinda meh though. It's basically sites set up on the sides of the parking lot. There is a KOA at the top of the road going to the park and that's where we always stay. Very nice place and the staff there is super friendly and helpful.

I'm kinda jealous your going......

Not going yet. just looking for info. usually do a guy's trip in November with some friends. Mine and another friend both have a birthday in Nov so we plan something then or try to. So you suggest staying in the KOA up the road and driving the UTV to the park? We will be in toy haulers. I have a friend that went several years ago in a jeep and stayed in their camper to Hot Springs park and said the campground wasn't that great as well. I was hoping it had improved.

Not sure about driving the SxS's to the park, I've always taken the Jeep up there to wheel. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give the park and/or the KOA a call and see if that's OK to do.

if i am looking at the price sheet right on their website it looks like it's $100/night for Thursday to Sunday? $50/night Monday-Wed? For water/elec sites? :eek:

Hot Springs park

Did you end up going? I have been there once and enjoyed the park. Ready to go again.

been to both a lot over the years. if you like smorr youll love hot springs. well established trail system. worth the drive, time, and energy to get there. Camp grounds are nice as are the showers. the new owners are getting the hang of it and trying to improve the park. For the love of god don't speed around the parking lot. they get on the loud speaker and berate you lol. Our group was airing up and couldn't stop laughing at the owner lady hollering at folks over the loud speaker.

Have not gone yet.. Had a friend that just came back from there a couple weeks ago. He said the park doesn't have dump station or sewer at the RV sites.. I thought he was full of shit so I checked again and he was right. How do they not have a dump station?

I have watched a few videos on YT of it and it looks like a good time. It's about 7 hours away though so definitely gonna have to be a 4 day weekend trip for me. One day to drive each way and two days to wheel.

Have not gone yet.. Had a friend that just came back from there a couple weeks ago. He said the park doesn't have dump station or sewer at the RV sites.. I thought he was full of shit so I checked again and he was right. How do they not have a dump station?

I have watched a few videos on YT of it and it looks like a good time. It's about 7 hours away though so definitely gonna have to be a 4 day weekend trip for me. One day to drive each way and two days to wheel.
there is a KOA right down the street that will dump you.

but yes, no facilities on site.

Wife and I are heading to Hot Springs for Christmas. We will be staying at the KOA Thursday - Sunday. Don't think we will be wheeling, this is more of an escape life weekend, but we will be there.

I am torn on going down for a few days the week between Christmas and NY. We are off work that week paid but if we work it's double time + Holiday pay. the time off would be nice but that extra $2k take home for working that week will be even nicer me thinks.

Wife and I are heading to Hot Springs for Christmas. We will be staying at the KOA Thursday - Sunday. Don't think we will be wheeling, this is more of an escape life weekend, but we will be there.

There are TONs of really nice RV parks not as close to the park that are much better than the KOA. we spent some extended time up there this summer and noted several great spots to park. we really liked catherine's landing but take a look around. i realize yall are already booked, but maybe next time.

There are TONs of really nice RV parks not as close to the park that are much better than the KOA. we spent some extended time up there this summer and noted several great spots to park. we really liked catherine's landing but take a look around. i realize yall are already booked, but maybe next time.
We are not taking the 5th wheel up there, we rented one of the cabins. Wife and I did this same thing 2yrs ago for Christmas/New Years and had a great time.

We are not taking the 5th wheel up there, we rented one of the cabins. Wife and I did this same thing 2yrs ago for Christmas/New Years and had a great time.
thats great man. i really like that area. we did a VRBO on the lake for my 40th. the thing that we liked about cathrines landing is the yurts they have. we need to check them out asap.

Going to be doing a day trip to Hot Springs with a group in SXSs Feb 27. If anyone wants to meet up and ride with us you are more than welcome!

Top Back Refresh