What's new

hood rat fix. ghetto fab.

tracyb

Member Number
Loc
San Juan Islands
well, i really tore the cart up around new years thought i had my shet together... forgot about he radius rods.

just about got the front end together, all new HCR arms, keller ball joints, new stock steering rack, hess brace, ct tierods, dif lock, axles blah blah blah...

i forgot about the radius rods. i could've run it. but they were bad almost all were bent to a degree. i had bought a bunch of 5/8" heim ends a while back but didn't put thought into it until today. so here i am... cutting the stock ends off and sleeveing them with ??? some toob off the shelf.

for the sake of time i'm doing top and bottom rigid and the middle rod will have a heim on the wheel end. its easy, fast, and i figure the toe adjustment is more important than camber. started turning some spacers on the lathe for about 30seconds before i remembered i'm no good at that broke a bit and went with easy option.

anyone else slap ghetto fab on fancy carts? :homer:

ZTiUNEjraikU7H9LssoxNtpLq5=w463-h617-no?authuser=0.jpg

hope this is close to right??? custom sheet:eek:

g1TEzA3mZPYcU_Kce_yt1fiV_k=w823-h617-no?authuser=0.jpg

EO2LSgEuAqBngqaiEXW2cT7WKA=w823-h617-no?authuser=0.jpg

i am excited about the new arms, rack, rods, etc. hope i dont trash it up too quick. i still have a frame brace kit and cage to put in, but not enough time to do it befor this trip.

vV5-kyM3pO-EtVB1WakTIMAZvW=w823-h617-no?authuser=0.jpg

this trip and the following two are pretty tame. so i can hopefully get it dialed in before hitting the big stuff. its all fun i just hope i'm not going full retard with this hack fab. by the time we are at st anthonys i plan on full send. should be at glamis for halloween. fingers crossed

i have done some repair on a friends x3 and i believe it was wrse than this. just more hessitant as i've got the narrow one and not even close to a good driver. i know the back end was getting really loose from all the bent rods.

still needs allot more but hoping i can keep it together while having fun and working on the other bits in between.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh