What's new

Honk Kong - Ripe for some shit to go down

Pony_Driver

Red Skull Member
Member Number
The situation in HK is ripe for violence. HK residents have accused the PRC of violating their 1984 agreement to "One Country, Two Systems" by eroding HK residents rights. PRC is cracking down in the name of "public safety". They have declared protesting counter to public order and are attempting to install some very vague laws under the guise of fighting "terrorism". It's an approach repeated throughout history. We will see what happens.

Click image for larger version  Name:	HK-special-status.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	17156

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52824839

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has told Congress that Hong Kong no longer merits special treatment under US law.

The declaration could have major implications for Hong Kong's trade hub status and is likely to anger Beijing.

"No reasonable person can assert today that Hong Kong maintains a high degree of autonomy from China, given facts on the ground," he said in a statement.

It follows Beijing's plan to impose a controversial new security law on the territory.

The security law was "only the latest in a series of actions that fundamentally undermine Hong Kong's autonomy and freedoms," Mr Pompeo said.

"It is now clear that China is modelling Hong Kong after itself," he added.

Trump closed the loophole for China, and this means they can't duck under the Tarrifs or any possible future sanctions.

It also means the HKers might feel abandoned but they knew this was coming and it's necessary for the greater war.

Is this the opening shot of WWIII?

The US got into WWII by imposing an airplane-parts embargo on the Empire of Japan in 1938 because they were bombing civilians in China. This went tit-for-tat until the Oil Embargo which ended as we all know on Dec 7 1941 when the Japanese were either going to have to end their war in Manchukuo or go to war with Britan, France, the Netherlands, Australia, and the United States in order to get oil from the Dutch East Indies (Java and Sumatra modern-day Indonesia).

I feel bad for the HKers but it's gotta be.

https://publish.twitter.com/?query=h...9&widget=Tweet

MUqc5o9.png

Last edited:
Hong Kong is now under CCP control. Ain't nobody going to swoop in and start WW3 to prove otherwise.

Like one of Obama's "sternly worded warnings" ? :flipoff2:

Now, before people here get their titties in a flutter...………………………… that was sarcasm. :laughing:

Meh, the engrish leased it for 100 years, they were always going to get HK back... now they are doing what they have been doing and people are shocked and confused.

Math is hard. :flipoff2:

Not exactly THE beginning, but this started years ago.

The beginning of the Democracy Protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Hong_Kong_protests

There's more at stake here than PRC ownership of HK. It's a world financial center with huge implications in global trade.

It's not The Beginning, but it is the first Nuclear Option.

PRC basically gets all of their FDI through HK, they steal protected Intellectual Property through HK, they import and export through HK.... and much more. Trump just shut that faucet off.

Here's the next Nuclear Option rushing through the Congress right now,

Stocks-delisted.jpg

Unanimous.

Problem is, it gives them 3 years to comply, but a House revision could move that time-table up.

With the elections on, nobody wants to be the one arguing to play nice with the Chinese.

Shit's all long overdue. I say blockade them now. Ya'll don't need no more HF crap.

Not exactly THE beginning, but this started years ago.

The beginning of the Democracy Protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Hong_Kong_protests

There's more at stake here than PRC ownership of HK. It's a world financial center with huge implications in global trade.

I can't recommend Disunited Nations by Peter Zeihan enough.

If you don't want to read the book, I'm sure you'll get the needed picture from this lecture. It comes with pretty pictures too..

Last edited:
Meh, the engrish leased it for 100 years, they were always going to get HK back... now they are doing what they have been doing and people are shocked and confused.

Math is hard. :flipoff2:

Actually the lease was for the "New Territories" for 99 years. Hong Kong itself wasn't a lease, and neither was Kowloon.

Actually the lease was for the "New Territories" for 99 years. Hong Kong itself wasn't a lease, and neither was Kowloon.

On June 9, 1898, the British under Queen Victoria brokered a99-year lease agreement for the use of Hong Kong after China lost a series of wars fought over the British trade in tea and opium... actually, it was leased. :flipoff2:

It's not The Beginning, but it is the first Nuclear Option.

PRC basically gets all of their FDI through HK, they steal protected Intellectual Property through HK, they import and export through HK.... and much more. Trump just shut that faucet off.

Here's the next Nuclear Option rushing through the Congress right now,

Unanimous.

Problem is, it gives them 3 years to comply, but a House revision could move that time-table up.

With the elections on, nobody wants to be the one arguing to play nice with the Chinese.

Shit's all long overdue. I say blockade them now. Ya'll don't need no more HF crap.

I 100% understand this. I told my son I hope we seize the opportunity with this COVID outbreak to break it off in China's ass. Supply chains are idled, their predatory practices are on display. Fuck em, build new factories in Vietnam and India, the Philippines, etc. Let the PRC deal with a billion plus pissed off citizens demanding food, jobs, and freedom.

On June 9, 1898, the British under Queen Victoria brokered a99-year lease agreementfor the use of Hong Kong after China lost a series of wars fought over the British trade in tea and opium... actually, it was leased. :flipoff2:

During the second half of the 19th century, the British had grown increasingly worried about the security of their free port at Hong Kong. It was an isolated island, surrounded by areas still under Chinese control. The British decided the answer would be to lease a buffer zone around Hong Kong that would make the island less vulnerable to invasion.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]

In 1860, at the end of the Second Opium War, the UK gained a perpetual lease over the Kowloon Peninsula, which is the mainland Chinese area just across the strait from Hong Kong Island. This agreement was part of the Convention of Beijing that ended that conflict.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]

In 1898, the British and Chinese governments signed the Second Convention of Peking, which included a 99-year lease agreement for the islands surrounding Hong Kong, called the "New Territories". The lease awarded control of more than 200 surrounding small islands to the British. In return, China received a promise that the islands would be returned to it after 99 years, at the end of the single negotiated term of lease.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]

On 19 December 1984, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and Chinese Premier Zhao Ziyang signed the Sino-British Joint Declaration, in which Britain agreed to return not only the New Territories but also Kowloon and Hong Kong itself when the lease term expired. China promised to implement a "One Country, Two Systems" regime, under which for fifty years Hong Kong citizens could continue to practice capitalism and political freedoms forbidden on the mainland.[SUP][citation needed]

Kowloon was a perpetual lease, which is a defacto cede of territory.[/SUP]

On June 9, 1898, the British under Queen Victoria brokered a99-year lease agreement for the use of Hong Kong after China lost a series of wars fought over the British trade in tea and opium... actually, it was leased. :flipoff2:

"Hong Kong" is comprised of Hong Kong Island (British rule in 1842 after the 1st Opium War) Kowloon Peninsula (British rule since 1860 after the second Opium War) and the New Territories were leased in 1898.

HK is screwed, most of the big $$ left in 97. The US could and probably will use the HK unrest as poking stick at China. At the end of day China will make HK part of of communist China again.

I 100% understand this. I told my son I hope we seize the opportunity with this COVID outbreak to break it off in China's ass. Supply chains are idled, their predatory practices are on display. Fuck em, build new factories in Vietnam and India, the Philippines, etc. Let the PRC deal with a billion plus pissed off citizens demanding food, jobs, and freedom.

Is that hard to do if you have an army with more than a billion bullets?

Is that hard to do if you have an army with more than a billion bullets?

Well if there is widespread unrest then 4 million in the PDA police force won't be enough. It'll snowball in this day and age with mass communication.

Is Hong Kong in the lease? Is Hong Kong behind lease lines? Is it in the territory? Is this important enough to argue over?

:flipoff2:

Is Hong Kong on the verge of imploding? :nuke:

It doesn't matter b/c the UK ceded it back to China under the idea that they would leave HK alone.

No one's going to invade PRC over this, but with COVID going on, the West will get a lot of traction busting if off in their booties.

Well if there is widespread unrest then 4 million in the PDA police force won't be enough. It'll snowball in this day and age with mass communication.

It doesn't matter b/c the UK ceded it back to China under the idea that they would leave HK alone.

No one's going to invade PRC over this, but with COVID going on, the West will get a lot of traction busting if off in their booties.

Yup, I already posted that. Britain signed it all over to the Chi-Coms in 1984. Anyone with two functioning brain cells knew that the Chi-Coms wouldn't honor the "One country, two systems" part of the treaty forever.

Last edited:
HK is screwed, most of the big $$ left in 97. The US could and probably will use the HK unrest as poking stick at China. At the end of day China will make HK part of of communist China again.

Hang Seng is valued at HK$29.9 Trillion. Pegged at US$1 : HK$7.80 = 3.83 Trillion USD. That's nothing to sneeze at.

Hang Seng is valued at HK$29.9 Trillion. Pegged at US$1 : HK$7.80 = 3.83 Trillion USD. That's nothing to sneeze at.

HK is orders of magnitude more financially important today than in '97. China was a rather unimportant backwater in '97, almost all of their growth has gone through HK somehow.

They went to reduce its importance to equal with their other Tier 1 cities like Beijing, that's their scheme, to make everything uniform. That's what the plowing down of villages and moving the peasants to labor in the cities was about. Western Capitalism just helped them do it.

They've erased old Chinese culture far more completely than The Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution, and got rich at the same time.

Trouble is, Chinese now expect ever-increasing wealth and expect to have 37 white American slaves any day now.

HK is orders of magnitude more financially important today than in '97. China was a rather unimportant backwater in '97, almost all of their growth has gone through HK somehow.

They went to reduce its importance to equal with their other Tier 1 cities like Beijing, that's their scheme, to make everything uniform. That's what the plowing down of villages and moving the peasants to labor in the cities was about. Western Capitalism just helped them do it.

They've erased old Chinese culture far more completely than The Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution, and got rich at the same time.

Trouble is, Chinese now expect ever-increasing wealth and expect to have 37 white American slaves any day now.

The Han Chinese destroyed cultures and China never stopped. They stand for 100% uniformity of whatever the leadership says.

BTW those Hang Seng numbers are from 2018 I don't have anything more up to date than that.

China stock market is worth around 9 trillion US. HK now competes directly with China and .gov owned businesses, let me tell how that's going to work out for HK. I wouldn't want to be in HK's shoes right now. The gorilla is loose, and they are fooked.

China stock market is worth around 9 trillion US. HK now competes directly with China and .gov owned businesses, let me tell how that's going to work out for HK. I wouldn't want to be in HK's shoes right now. The gorilla is loose, and they are fooked.

60% of the FDI in China went through HK. HK prospered because of transparency, free trade, banking, and a solid legal structure. None of those will exist if China takes over like they want. They would be wise before killing the golden goose. They also know that the world is watching and they don't want a Tienanmen Square Part Deux. JMHO

So after seeing the riots here, and being against the violent nature. How do we say HK protesters are freedom fighters and BLM are criminals? :homer:

HK protests have been mostly chill. BLM is burning and breaking infrastructure and calling for violence against authorities and in some cases anyone who isn't black.

Hong Kong wants to maintain their autonomy in accordance with the 1984 Sino-British Joint Declaration. Capitalism vs Communism.

The situation in HK is ripe for violence. HK residents have accused the PRC of violating their 1984 agreement to "One Country, Two Systems" by eroding HK residents rights.

PRC is cracking down in the name of "public safety". They have declared protesting counter to public order and are attempting to install some very vague laws under the guise of fighting "terrorism". It's an approach repeated throughout history.

We will see what happens.

/
That sure sounds like what several liberal states have been doing here.

Top Back Refresh