What's new

Holy Chinese shit overload!

Andrew

Resident Redneck
Member Number
Ya, ya, welcome to the past 10 years, I get it.

Early this year I picked up a 15 JKUR. Holy crap the Chinese parts available are insane!?

Is any of it worth a shit? Last time I was Jeep part shopping the going stuff was Poison Spyder, GenRight, heck Blue Torch was still around. Smittybilt was junk, but it seems they are still around and kickin.

What a change.

The only thing that hasn't changed, is that the Chinese shit is still shit.

The good news is that there are many more US companies making parts now.

That's what I figured.

I can't even pronounce the names on half the brands.

I'm still looking for a bumper I like. I am looking for a set of tube fenders and am planning on running Metalcloaks game changer setup. I have read good things and figure their bushings would hold up best to the NE salt bullshit. My Jeep isnt my winter vehicle, but there is enough left over through winter to still be a pain through spring it seems.

Well the goods news is the JKUR is a pile of shit. So chicom parts compliment is lovely.
That is quite right as well, but I still like the stupid thing. I guess I am a glutton for punishment but with 3 kids, I really didn't want to go unibody.

Well the goods news is the JKUR is a pile of shit. So chicom parts compliment is lovely.
But they sure do hold their resale value unlike the non "piles of shit". The price of clean used JKUR's right now is bordering insane.:flipoff2:

We have gotten 90k trouble free miles out of my wifes 2016 that has been lifted and on 37's/40's since it had 19k miles on it. Thinking about selling it and getting her a lightly used Raptor if I can find the right one. I'm going to enjoy selling the JKUR to some yuppie for waaay more than I'd ever pay for it used. :smokin:

For the money the smitty built bumpers and racks are about the best bang for the buck. Oviously not the same as the quality of bt/ps/hansen but @ $25% well worth it

Long way from the shit tube bumpers of the 80/90s

Not gonna lie, the Smittybilt Stryker bumper is growing on me.

My next bumper will probably be the GTC series front bumper from Excessive Industries. I like small bumpers with great approach and departure angles. Motobilt makes some nice stuff too.

I'm done with poison spyder. I've installed 2 of their cages and had nothing but issues. Contacted them multiple times with photos and got no response. Stick with Genright, TMR, Barnes...

I'm done with poison spyder. I've installed 2 of their cages and had nothing but issues. Contacted them multiple times with photos and got no response. Stick with Genright, TMR, Barnes...
Yep. Ordered their drop-down tailgate kit for my YJ waaaay back in October. It hasn't shown up yet.

I miss customer service and "deliver a quality product FIRST" American businesses :emb:

Top Back Refresh