What's new

Holley Sniper and electric fans

charlieboyd65

Member Number
Anyone have a Holley Sniper EFI setup and use it to control electric fans? How do you like it?

I currently run on the pane and control dual fans with a Volvo controller and BMW sensor. I like the current setup, but wouldn't mind keeping things a little cleaner using the Sniper when I convert to FI.

i have the efi and works good i haven't set up the electric fan on it yet.

Do more research.

The kit is ok.

Timcubed is running it, I am as well.

I wish I would have just done the whole motor swap with the 5.3 or 6.0

I would have been money ahead and had stock type stuff that makes the same power.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its great on a hot rod or something but I don't care for it on my rig.

Just my .02

My boss has his fans running off the Sniper on one of his hot-rod c10's, works fine. He did find that between the electric fans and the EFI pump he had to upgrade his alternator to keep up, something to keep in mind if your charging system is already marginal.

Do more research.

The kit is ok.

Timcubed is running it, I am as well.

I wish I would have just done the whole motor swap with the 5.3 or 6.0

I would have been money ahead and had stock type stuff that makes the same power.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its great on a hot rod or something but I don't care for it on my rig.

Just my .02

Thanks for the feedback. I currently run propane on my old AMC 360 in my crawler. Its geared low enough, I'm not worried about big power, and I'm not looking to do another engine swap at this point
point. I mainly am tired of always running to certain spots to fill my tank every morning of wheeling and knowing my range is limited. And, it's a dual fuel setup, so it's smaller and probably robbing some power (although it does what I need). My motor has a cam so not looking to run an OEM TBI setup.

Mainly if it is a reliable system, I'll be okay with that. If it will reliably run my fans, then it's gravy.

Top Back Refresh