What's new

Hogdon to stop making Goex

DavidVanVorous

Member Number

Pretty much the only US Black powder manufacturer is shutting its doors. Probably to boost their pyrodex and other sub sales....

oh wow, that's odd.

to be honest, i didn't know there was only 1 manufacturer for black powder. seems weird to think that demand would be so slow. what are the odds that this will allow a smaller company to come up or is it regulated to death kind of thing?

This is annoying. Goex was one of the better brands for being consistent and cheap. Handy for making fireworks if you didn't want to make your own.

Scheutzen and Swiss I guess will be it, but the swiss is pretty pricey

Traditional black powder stuff seems to be dying off. Hell, Thompson center stop producing and selling their traditional St. Louis hawkins rifles a few years ago. I was shock at that when I learned about it.

Traditional black powder stuff seems to be dying off. Hell, Thompson center stop producing and selling their traditional St. Louis hawkins rifles a few years ago. I was shock at that when I learned about it.
It has always been a nich market.
Traditions is going very strong.
The in-line stuff is going well too.
Flintlock has always been a weak marker. I use Flintlocks the most.

Thompson center stop producing and selling their traditional St. Louis hawkins rifles a few years ago. I was shock at that when I learned about it.
Blame the assholes that own S&W. They bought Thompson and closed the plant down almost immediately. I'm 2 miles from where Thompson was

It has always been a nich market.
Traditions is going very strong.
The in-line stuff is going well too.
Flintlock has always been a weak marker. I use Flintlocks the most.
I really want a flintlock. Have a few percussion cap guns. I wish someone made a decent flintlock in the $250-400 range that was actually in stock. At $700+ its hard to spend that on a gun I'm not going to shoot all the time.

I really want a flintlock. Have a few percussion cap guns. I wish someone made a decent flintlock in the $250-400 range that was actually in stock. At $700+ its hard to spend that on a gun I'm not going to shoot all the time.

Traditions makes a nice kit and in stock
My first one I built

I've got a higher end Kentucky rifle flintlock (.45 of course) that I might part with.

Top Back Refresh